Chris Wood - Hello, I'm a busy guy with big dreams.

Chris Wood - Hello, I'm a busy guy with big dreams.

Chris PierogPro Member
Real Estate Agent · Montesano, WA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 10 votes

Hello, I'm a busy guy with big dreams.

I am working about 40-50 hours a week at a Law Firm as a medical record technician/office tech/file clerk/anything else they need!

I also am working towards my bachelors degree in Gaming and Software development. (Yes, I love creating games and computers.)

Right now, I am currently working with a few people on opening a restaurant in my home town, own a rental (that is paying itself off where I will eventually build my house), and researching every day to find a good deal on a next project.

My goal is to find a duplex, triplex, or even apartment complex (Yes that is far fetched right now) to house hack to start me off.  I am looking in the areas of mainly Thurston County and Grays Harbor, WA.

I have a really good connection with a contractor who would give me amazing deals, a girlfriend with great decorating skills, and a couple people who would help me financing if I really believed in what I was doing.

I am fairly new with all of this, I would love to get to a place where I can really live life and enjoy what I do. My goal is to get to a place where I have financial freedom and can travel.

Fun fact, Brandon Turner and I are actually pretty good friends! He is such an inspiration to me. He is just amazing! I couldn't even start telling you how much he has encouraged me, taught me, and pushed me to where I am now.

If any one has any tips for starting, where to search, how to find a good deal (Or have a good deal haha!), I would be ever so grateful to hear it. Another one of my goals are to gain more contacts and make more connections with people. People are awesome. 

Or instead, if you just want to say hi, introduce yourself, have a chat about dreams and goals in life or what you've learned or wish you knew before, I would love to do that also!

And lastly, Another goal I have is to be a lot more active on the forum!

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day!

Chris Wood

2Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
8y

Dooooood! Welcome to the Forums! Super excites to see you jumping in! 

And I love the hustle. Keep that up. The cool thing about real estate- you don't need hundreds of hours of work each month - just a few. It's like Ultimate Frisbee. As long as you keep moving the frisbee down the field each pass... eventually you'll score. It doesn't matter if every pass is 6". So just keep driving that frisbee down the field and before you'll know it, you'll have total financial freedom. :) 

And speaking of Ultimate - I can't wait till I get back to Grays Harbor so I can play again! 

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Lubbock, TX · Member since 2016 · 165 posts · 155 votes
    8y

    Hi, Chris!

    I can relate to your situation, and definitely know how hard it can be sometimes to coordinate work, school, investing, and friends/family! It may not be easy but it's definitely worth it at the end of the day, and I'm thrilled to see that there are people with as much drive and passion as you have. 

    Best of luck, and I hope you keep us updated on your journey!

  • Investor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    Hi Chris, 

    I'm a Thurston County investor, and I'd recommend the Olympia REI meet-up. I haven't been in a while, but it's a great group of people if you're looking for more contacts. Good luck!

  • Chris PierogPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Montesano, WA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    Thank you Matt! Time management is definitely hard when you have a lot on your plate!
  • Chris PierogPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Montesano, WA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    Tiffany, okay sweet thanks! I will check that out!
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Hey Chris, It all sounds achievable and I can relate definitely. Balancing all areas of life is a skill in it's self and will never feel balance for very long. However we do get better at it with practice and with cutting away everything that gets in the way or wastes our time. I have a saying that I like to remind myself when I get overwhelmed, that is "Relentless Forward Motion". Keep up the good work Chris.
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Dooooood! Welcome to the Forums! Super excites to see you jumping in! 

    And I love the hustle. Keep that up. The cool thing about real estate- you don't need hundreds of hours of work each month - just a few. It's like Ultimate Frisbee. As long as you keep moving the frisbee down the field each pass... eventually you'll score. It doesn't matter if every pass is 6". So just keep driving that frisbee down the field and before you'll know it, you'll have total financial freedom. :) 

    And speaking of Ultimate - I can't wait till I get back to Grays Harbor so I can play again! 

  • I​nvestor & Agent · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Welcome. I need to be more active as well so here goes. I am connected to an investment group wanting to sell inexpensive but solid rentals here in the Tulsa market, if out of state is appealing. Besides that best wishes !
  • Chris PierogPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Montesano, WA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    Thanks Craig, I like saying! I will keep trying -and making time. Time is money. You keep up the good work as well!
  • Chris PierogPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Montesano, WA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    Brandon, Thanks man! I am as well. I hope to start getting this real estate going! I’ve been struggling to find deals but been looking!! I can’t wait to get this going and I am pumped! Yes we need to play frisbee soon! That’s a lot of fun! And hey, good analogy! We need to go sit down and have coffee sometime and talk, you like AWU? I’ll get you a coffee! Thanks for all you’ve done so far, you’re a good guy! And keep up the good work also!!
  • Chris PierogPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Montesano, WA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    Nate, Yes I always like to look. Send me a message and we will talk!
  • Rental Property Investor · Warrenton, VA · Member since 2016 · 126 posts · 58 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Brandon Turner:

    Dooooood! Welcome to the Forums! Super excites to see you jumping in! 

    And I love the hustle. Keep that up. The cool thing about real estate- you don't need hundreds of hours of work each month - just a few. It's like Ultimate Frisbee. As long as you keep moving the frisbee down the field each pass... eventually you'll score. It doesn't matter if every pass is 6". So just keep driving that frisbee down the field and before you'll know it, you'll have total financial freedom. :) 

    And speaking of Ultimate - I can't wait till I get back to Grays Harbor so I can play again! 

     "Dood",  "excites", "ultimate frisbee" 

    This is what a few weeks in Hawaii does to you   ;) 

  • Chris PierogPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Montesano, WA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 10 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Chris Ayers:
    Originally posted by @Brandon Turner:

    Dooooood! Welcome to the Forums! Super excites to see you jumping in! 

    And I love the hustle. Keep that up. The cool thing about real estate- you don't need hundreds of hours of work each month - just a few. It's like Ultimate Frisbee. As long as you keep moving the frisbee down the field each pass... eventually you'll score. It doesn't matter if every pass is 6". So just keep driving that frisbee down the field and before you'll know it, you'll have total financial freedom. :) 

    And speaking of Ultimate - I can't wait till I get back to Grays Harbor so I can play again! 

     "Dood",  "excites", "ultimate frisbee" 

    This is what a few weeks in Hawaii does to you   ;)

    He always says funny stuff like that! It is what makes him special!!

  • Realtor · Olympia, WA · Member since 2017 · 155 posts · 57 votes
    8y

    Hello @Chris Pierog. I am always looking to connect with local investors. Especially young professionals that appear to be as hungry as I am to continue learning and buy real estate. I'll send you a colleague request in the hopes that we can connect some time down the line.

    Thanks 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.