• Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
Oh look!! Another new guy!

Michael Ohman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bakersfield, CA
Posted Apr 25 2018, 01:38

Hello BP family!

I am a longtime reader and listener, but first time post-er! Wanted to say hello and tell everyone a little bit about myself and my goals moving forward! 

My name is Michael Ohman, I am from the beautiful and remarkably over-priced state of California. When I was 20 years old I had no direction, dropped out of college and joined the Army. I spent 4 years in the Army, being stationed in Germany throughout with a short 9 month (felt like forever) deployment to Afghanistan. After getting out I returned to school to finish what I started. I am now 29 years old and I just recently graduated from San Diego State University this last December.  

About 6 months before I was set to graduate, I had saved up nearly 75k and had it all sitting in a checking out, and had no idea what to do with it! I came across BP trying to find what I should do with my savings, and my world has since been turned upside down! I have constantly been on BP reading the forums, articles and suggested books, as well as listening to all the podcasts sometimes a few times over!

Since December, myself and my girlfriend have been backpacking through Southeast Asia, all while soaking up as much information as I possibly could with reference to real estate investing. We are set to come back mid June, and are diving headfirst into investing and letting nothing stand in our way! My goal, and even if it may seem far fetched to obtain 10 rental properties in the first 18 months. I have a little over 100k to get started doing the BRRRR strategy in the markets of Cleveland and/or Memphis since my primary goal is cashflow!

That's all about me, I feel like I know a lot of the active members on the site reading your responses and posts, but nice to let you know a little about myself!

On a side note, I would love to connect with anyone, especially anyone involved in the Cleveland / Memphis markets. I am not afraid to lick some envelopes or hang signs or get my hands dirty in order to learn from someone! 

Thanks for reading!

Michael Ohman

Loading replies...