Newbie From Virginia Beach, VA & Muncie, IN?

Newbie From Virginia Beach, VA & Muncie, IN?

Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 2 votes

Hi, I'm Brysen Kelly only 20yrs old! Currently living in Virginia beach, Va, however have residence in Muncie, In. Hows that possible? You guessed it! I'm currently serving in the United States Navy. Being in the navy makes you learn to grow, develop, and have a relentless effort to do something more than just live your life. The navy teaches you to take charge of your life and command it to where you desire to go, while contagiously influencing those around you to be better. My goals are to build a strong business to create generational wealth while helping my community grow and give me the life I dreamed. Another way I'm making my dream a reality. Ways I plan on reaching that dream is through learning to successfully Wholesale Properties while growing my platform of rentals I will acquire to hack into the true wealth builder. So get used to seeing the name, I'm excited to get started and know the road ahead will not always be easy, but that's a challenge I'm ready to punch the clock on!

1Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Patti RobertsonBusiness Member
Property Manager · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
7y

Welcome @Brysen Kelly!  Give me a shout on my cell (easy to find on my profile) and I can fill you in on all our Hampton Roads happenings!

See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Welcome!  I am excited for you!  Go for it,

  • Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Joel Mattsson-Bozé I appreciate it, what's your specialty if you dont mind me asking
  • Rental Property Investor · Norfolk, VA · Member since 2018 · 85 posts · 45 votes
    7y

    Welcome aboard.  There are several meetups that go on around here that would be a great place for you to populate your buyers list.  Happy hunting!

  • Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    I am pretty new myself.  We are invested with a syndication in a 166 unity apt. building in Kentucky and recently attempted to purchase a duplex in downtown Ghent.  That fell through but  that turned out pretty good.  Now we are pursuing Vacation Rental property.  That looks great. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Jonathan New Thanks for the greeting, looking forward to getting to know you. And would you possibly know when some of the near future meetups will be?
  • Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Joel Mattsson-Bozé I know who to contact if I run into anything that cant help me, but might help you.
  • Real Estate Agent · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets forums!  You'll find this site to be an amazing resource.  I've had others here help me with issues I could not find answers for elsewhere over the years, just by searching the forums or  asking a question myself  when it wasn't already a topic.  Locally, look up the Tidewater Real Estate Investors Group, definitely worth attending, one of the  largest in the country and meetings held right here in Virginia Beach.  

  • Patti RobertsonBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome @Brysen Kelly!  Give me a shout on my cell (easy to find on my profile) and I can fill you in on all our Hampton Roads happenings!

  • Rental Property Investor · Clovis, NM · Member since 2018 · 118 posts · 55 votes
    7y

    Welcome! If you find yourself wholesaling any 2-6 unit properties, feel free to send them my way as I am in the market!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets, @Brysen Kelly!

    You'll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to help respond to your questions. Many members are experts in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate brokerage, wholesaling, flipping, buy and hold, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

    There are some pretty cool discounts on various products and services offered as Perks to BP members that you might want to check out: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

    If you haven’t checked it out already, the Bigger Pockets blog features links to their awesome podcast and many great articles: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/

    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. For example, if you are looking to connect with other members near you, want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could start your search here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

  • Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Thanks, Brysen.  Great group around here encourage and work together with

  • Chris MillerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Hampton, VA · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets @Brysen Kelly! Lot of great info and people here. Check out the webinars full of good content. You can go to meetup.com Type in TRIG for next meet up in VA Beach. or Preia for Hampton area. Feel free to reach out anytime.

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Brysen Kelly

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. You have come to the right place to network with others.

  • Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Justin Windham Really appreciate the great info! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Will do! I look forward to finding a few deals like the ones you mentioned. @Kevin Sack

  • Rental Property Investor · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    7y
  • Real Estate Broker · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2014 · 127 posts · 31 votes
    7y

    Welcome to VB!  How are you doing property management on your other home?

  • Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    Hey Brysen, welcome to the area. I'm a fellow VB real estate newbie. If you are still planning to do wholesaleing, I'm primarily looking at doing Fix and Flips, so maybe we can team up to complete deals together.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.