New to BP and located in Pierce County Washington

New to BP and located in Pierce County Washington

Rental Property Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 12 votes

Greetings,


My name is Jeremy and I am in Fife, Wa, practically Tacoma. I am new to real estate investing as well as BP. I joined BP after falling in love with “The Book on Rental Property Investing” By Brandon Turner. Brandon was completely right when it comes to the fruitful conversations and massive knowledge available within current and previous threads. 


I am eager to learn, network, grow and help in any way I can. Please feel free to connect and say hi!
My interest and plans are long-term buy and hold in Multi-Family Residents, I would like to purchase within a few months if a good deal comes by. In the future, I strongly desire to invest in storage facilities and RV sites/parks.


Thank you all for your time and look forward to growing my network.


Best Regards,
Jeremy

3Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 139 posts · 82 votes
7y

Welcome @Jeremy Hostetler!  You’ll find more info than you can ever use here.  Great to put your interests out there. I’m just north of Seattle, and also have some interest in storage and RV parks.  Good deals don’t come along too often, but it helps if you can hone in on what you think you want.  Good luck, and feel free to contact me if you ever want to connect locally.

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Hostetler

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    You'll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to respond to your posts. A lot of forum members are experts in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, buy and hold investing, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

    There are some pretty nice discounts on many products and services offered as Perks to BP members that you might want to check out: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

    If you haven’t been to it already, the Bigger Pockets blog features links to their fantastic podcast and many great articles: https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/

    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. For example, if you are looking to connect with other members near you, want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could use the search feature here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    I really like the alerts feature that can quickly guide you to current topics that may be of interest: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    There are a few self-contained guides that you can access here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides

  • Rental Property Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Justin Windham Thank you so much for in the information! I am excited to be here!

  • Puyallup, WA · Member since 2017 · 31 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    Jeremy,

    Welcome to the area and community. This is a good place to be. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Aaron Lee Thank you. Excited to be here and excited to learn and grow.

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Hostetler

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 139 posts · 82 votes
    7y

    Welcome @Jeremy Hostetler!  You’ll find more info than you can ever use here.  Great to put your interests out there. I’m just north of Seattle, and also have some interest in storage and RV parks.  Good deals don’t come along too often, but it helps if you can hone in on what you think you want.  Good luck, and feel free to contact me if you ever want to connect locally.

  • New to Real Estate · Puyallup WA · Member since 2009 · 85 posts · 39 votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Hostetler welcome to BP, it's been said before but yes there is a lot of info and resources on this site. There is also a few meet up groups in the area that are pretty good, you should check them out.

  • Rental Property Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @George Blower Thank you!

    @Jared Boundy Thank you for the warm greeting, I work In Issaquah, Wa and could easily swing that way to connect locally.

    @Kenny C. Thank you, for the warm greetings, how often do the groups meet up? Are they just BP groups or external?

  • Real Estate Agent · Renton, WA · Member since 2017 · 204 posts · 151 votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Hostetler Welcome and feel free to Reach out if you have any questions. Happy Investing!!

  • New to Real Estate · Puyallup WA · Member since 2009 · 85 posts · 39 votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Hostetler the meet-ups vary. The one my wife and I have been to (Real People, Real Beer, Real Estate) meets the 2nd Thurs of the month in Tacoma. There is anothervin Bellevue I think it's called FOR Fixated On Real Estate. Next week Brandon Turner will be a guest (i think the 20th)

  • Investor · Taylor Mill, KY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 964 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Jeremy Hostetler!

  • Rental Property Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Kenny C. I will be going to those!

    @Grant Rothenburger Thank you

  • New to Real Estate · Puyallup WA · Member since 2009 · 85 posts · 39 votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Hostetler see you there!

  • Real Estate Agent · Spokane, WA · Member since 2013 · 123 posts · 66 votes
    7y

    welcome! How are you finding potential deals? I'm investing over in the other side of the state. Let me know if you have any questions about the East side

  • Rental Property Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2019 · 43 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Jimmy Deringer I am currently seeking a new Agent in my area who specializes in Investment and multi-family. However, I have been looking for deals on Zillow, Redfin, driving my area and Craigslist.

  • Real Estate Agent · Auburn, WA · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 27 votes
    7y

    Jeremy, welcome to the Bigger Pockets community! If you take the advice given here you should be in good hands. I am a local agent and investor mostly in South King County, feel free to message me if I can be of any help.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 515 votes
    7y

    Hey there, @Jeremy Hostetler. Great to see you take that first and maybe most difficult step in real estate investment: reaching out on BiggerPockets. Congratulations and I wish you a ton of success.

  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2016 · 133 posts · 63 votes
    7y

    Regarding Meetups. There's a new one called Hive-Mind that's associated with the WAREI facebook group and it's off to a good start. Also the longest running free one in the area, Cascadia Investor's Alliance meets each month in Lakewood at the Ram and there's a solid group that shows up for that. 

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Hostetler welcome to BP.  My name is Mychael; I am also new to the site and reside with my wife in Pierce County, WA (Spanaway).  We'll only be in Washington for a few more months, but we, nonetheless, intend on starting our investing here.  Maybe we'll see you around!  Also, thanks to everyone that has provided helpful information thus far.

  • Aaron NelsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 307 posts · 191 votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Hostetler - Welcome to the site! It is a great place to connect with other like-minded investors. Brandon Turner's book is great and was one of the first real estate investing books I read. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.