New real estate investor from Columbus, Ohio

New real estate investor from Columbus, Ohio

Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 10 votes

Hello, My name is Jeremy Galante. I am from Dublin, Ohio which is located near the Columbus area. Currently I am a quality control engineer for a local corporation and I have a degree in mechanical and manufacturing engineering from Miami University. My engineering background has given me the experience to analyze and calculate situational circumstances, in which I believe will aid me a great deal in the world of real estate.

My background in real estate is first and foremost, being a homeowner. Being a first time home owner has brought its challenges, but also an opportunity to gain firsthand knowledge and skills. I have learned how to do tile work, electrical, drywall, and various other home improvement projects. That being said, by having the basic skills of home improvement, I have gained the perspective of the value of time and money. I am aware of what projects are worth contracting out and what projects can be completed by myself. It has also given me invaluable time management and project management skills that you can only gain by doing the work yourself. For the past year I have been following Biggerpockets podcasts, reading numerous real estate and finance literature, as well as networking with several experienced real estate investors in the Columbus area. My interest and drive comes from being a part of my fathers LLC for real estate investing and land development. I have been privileged to have been able to attend some of his meetings as well as gain key insight into the real estate business. With this background knowledge and foundational bank of skills, I am proud to say that In December of 2018, I started my LLC, Seal Point Solutions, and I am ready to dive head first into my first deal.

My goals for my first year and future endeavors for my LLC would be to build up a large number of connections through networking, numerous number of rentals for passive income, flip multiple houses per year, and work on automating process as quickly as possible. I also want to continue to learn new methods and avenues for investing in real estate while on my journey.

Look forward to meeting other local investors, and gathering a network of lenders.  I can’t wait to get started!

7Reply
21 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 54 posts · 47 votes
7y

Jeremy, welcome and I look forward with connecting with you soon. There are amazing people and resources here in the city and on BP that will serve you well. Definitely begin to come to REI meetups to connect with investors who are doing what you want to accomplish.

The quality meetups in Columbus are Columbus Deal Makers Sessions, Central Ohio Investors Network (COIN), Columbus Multifamily Investors Meetup, Dublin Flip Houses Meetup (has a different name I cannot recall), Newbie Investors Meetup (which Harvey Yergin, Josh Hively and myself started -- come this Sunday for our 2nd session), COREE (costs money with membership, couple hundred people, education based but still good connections to make).

BiggerPockets, Meetup.com, Facebook and Google are the best places to find meetups and the info for those meetups. 

Also, join the Columbus Off Market Property Facebook group. It's quality! 

Those meetups and BP are the 2 platforms I used to get me into the industry fulltime with 3 months, exiting my fulltime digital marketing job downtown. 

Like someone else mentioned, find that mentor who will take you to the next step!! Its vital. 

I'd get a few books from BPs bookstore, or buy them on Audible and fly through them like I did. https://www.biggerpockets.com/store

Start to simply consume info and data daily for the niche you are diving into, make it your duty to do so. Be hungry to succeed, stay active and organized and your prior experience I tell will take you far. Look forward to hearing from you. 

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Galante

    Welcome to BP!

  • Brandon SturgillBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome @Jeremy Galante Sounds like you have a solid plan in place! I think your background will serve you well. 

    Best of luck. 

    Realize Multifamily Group11 Review
    View Page
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jeremy Galante:

    Hello, My name is Jeremy Galante. I am from Dublin, Ohio which is located near the Columbus area. Currently I am a quality control engineer for a local corporation and I have a degree in mechanical and manufacturing engineering from Miami University. My engineering background has given me the experience to analyze and calculate situational circumstances, in which I believe will aid me a great deal in the world of real estate.

    My background in real estate is first and foremost, being a homeowner. Being a first time home owner has brought its challenges, but also an opportunity to gain firsthand knowledge and skills. I have learned how to do tile work, electrical, drywall, and various other home improvement projects. That being said, by having the basic skills of home improvement, I have gained the perspective of the value of time and money. I am aware of what projects are worth contracting out and what projects can be completed by myself. It has also given me invaluable time management and project management skills that you can only gain by doing the work yourself. For the past year I have been following Biggerpockets podcasts, reading numerous real estate and finance literature, as well as networking with several experienced real estate investors in the Columbus area. My interest and drive comes from being a part of my fathers LLC for real estate investing and land development. I have been privileged to have been able to attend some of his meetings as well as gain key insight into the real estate business. With this background knowledge and foundational bank of skills, I am proud to say that In December of 2018, I started my LLC, Seal Point Solutions, and I am ready to dive head first into my first deal.

    My goals for my first year and future endeavors for my LLC would be to build up a large number of connections through networking, numerous number of rentals for passive income, flip multiple houses per year, and work on automating process as quickly as possible. I also want to continue to learn new methods and avenues for investing in real estate while on my journey.

    Look forward to meeting other local investors, and gathering a network of lenders.  I can’t wait to get started!

     Welcome! Check out the local meetups, some of which people post on biggerpockets about. 

  • Contractor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 49 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    Hey

    @Jeremy Galante welcome to the bigger pockets community  as a new investor myself would love to try and work with you in the future! I also know a great GC in the area if you looking Thanks, 

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the warm welcome @Juhriah Smith, @Robert Ellis, @Brandon Sturgill, and @George Blower! Can't wait to meet all of you and discuss REI!

  • Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 54 posts · 47 votes
    7y

    Jeremy, welcome and I look forward with connecting with you soon. There are amazing people and resources here in the city and on BP that will serve you well. Definitely begin to come to REI meetups to connect with investors who are doing what you want to accomplish.

    The quality meetups in Columbus are Columbus Deal Makers Sessions, Central Ohio Investors Network (COIN), Columbus Multifamily Investors Meetup, Dublin Flip Houses Meetup (has a different name I cannot recall), Newbie Investors Meetup (which Harvey Yergin, Josh Hively and myself started -- come this Sunday for our 2nd session), COREE (costs money with membership, couple hundred people, education based but still good connections to make).

    BiggerPockets, Meetup.com, Facebook and Google are the best places to find meetups and the info for those meetups. 

    Also, join the Columbus Off Market Property Facebook group. It's quality! 

    Those meetups and BP are the 2 platforms I used to get me into the industry fulltime with 3 months, exiting my fulltime digital marketing job downtown. 

    Like someone else mentioned, find that mentor who will take you to the next step!! Its vital. 

    I'd get a few books from BPs bookstore, or buy them on Audible and fly through them like I did. https://www.biggerpockets.com/store

    Start to simply consume info and data daily for the niche you are diving into, make it your duty to do so. Be hungry to succeed, stay active and organized and your prior experience I tell will take you far. Look forward to hearing from you. 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Jeremy Galante

    Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    Wishing you the best!

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 218 posts · 134 votes
    7y

    Welcome to the site @Jeremy Galante. Feel free to reach out if you want to chat or are looking for referrals for team members.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 344 posts · 258 votes
    7y

    Hello and welcome, @Jeremy Galante! Like everyone else has said, BP is a fantastic resource to learn the ropes and network with awesome, like-minded Real Estate investors. I learned the skills to start my rental portfolio here on BiggerPockets and met my current business partner on here, as well. Local meetups are definitely great, as well. I definitely need to do a better job of getting to them myself!

    Good luck in your journey and feel free to message me, if you ever want to chat!

    Mikael

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Chase Vance thanks so much for the info on the meet ups in the area.  I've already got a few books off BP's bookstore and working my way through them as fast as I can.  Look forward to meeting up with you at some point.  

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko Thanks for the welcome!  I have already setup keyword alerts for the area.  I will have to add searching for users to my to do list this week.  I have already read the Beginner's guide and found it very helpful.  And I can't get enough of BP podcasts!  Love listening to them on my way to and from work.  Hope to meet up with you soon.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.