User Stats

Votes
Charles Ulrich
Votes |
Hello from Ann Arbor, MI

Charles Ulrich
Posted Feb 22 2019, 06:14

Howdy!

I've been in sponge mode for a while now just soaking up all the great info and opinions to be had here. The time has come, I think, to introduce myself. (*Deep breath.*) Here goes.

My name is Charles and I'm a computer nerd by day. (I do a little bit of it all: systems administration, Linux, devops, web stuff, networking, some programming, etc.) I work in and live near Ann Arbor, MI. My wife and I have two kids, a couple of sweet doggos, a house in the burbs, and all that normal American Dream stuff. My goal is to eventually have a portfolio of rental properties and other real estate-related assets that will generate enough passive income so that I can eventually quit my day job to focus on my family, my hobbies, and freelance work, in that order. Or maybe I'll accidentally become a billionaire and have a big mansion and swim in a pool filled with the tears of enemies. Whichever happens first, really.

I have been reading a TON of stuff over the past few months and listening to hours and hours of podcasts. I'm a member of the Ann Arbor Real Estate Investors Club (or A2REIC) and it's an absolutely fantastic group. I've learned a lot from it and I keep (figuratively) running into awesome people at these meetups. If you're in southeast MI and haven't stopped by, I can't recommend it highly enough.

I know your time is valuable and walls of text are not my thing so here's why I'm here:

I'm hoping to network with pretty much anyone doing anything in real estate. Phone calls, video chat, and email are great but bonus points if you're in my area and we can meet up for lunch or coffee once in a while. I'm especially interested in meeting with wholesalers, contractors, and other investors. I'm open to partnerships, syndication, and providing private capital to individuals with a proven track record and/or an uncanny resemblance to Ron Swanson.

Here is what I offer in return. In addition to partnerships, I'm open to bartering my time and skills in exchange for whatever you have to offer whether that is wisdom, access to your network, or a stake in a deal.

* I'm great at most IT, web, and general technology stuff. Have a multi-unit and want to provide Internet access to tenants? I'm the guy to talk to.

* I am capable of light carpentry, some electrical (outlets and light fixtures), and some plumbing (toilets and faucets). Perhaps a bit of yard work here and there. I do a lot of DIY stuff on my own house and it's still standing so I really think that says something.

* I have access to capital and I'm willing to invest in the right deals with the right people.

* I am a great listener and I'm willing to be your sounding board for going over deals and other aspects of the business.

* My own network of trusted local professionals in the southeast MI area is small but growing and I'm happy to refer them where I can.

* When it's nice out, sometimes I ride my motorcycle. That's not really relevant to the topic at hand, I just felt like bringing it up.

Anyway, since we're friends now, please feel free to drop me a message. I'm happy to talk to anyone about anything. I'm really enjoying the community here so far and I look forward to our future interactions.

Thanks,
Charles

Loading replies...