Springfield, IL Investor Meetups

37 Replies

Hi BP Members-

I've been a longtime listener of the podcast and just joined as a PRO member last week. I'm currently living in Springfield, IL and am looking to connect with others in the real estate community here. I just put my first offer in on a SFH yesterday, so hoping to get in the game soon! I'm looking to buy and hold small multifamily and SFH in the Springfield market.

Just from perusing the site a bit I'm already inspired by reading some success stories people have had in the Springfield area.  Good to hear that there is a community here and people are succeeding.  I'd like to see the community grow even more.  Who would be interested if I started an Investor meetup group?  I personally know a lot of people who aren't involved in the Bigger Pockets community that are very successful investors.  It'd be great to take this community and broaden it so we can all grow and share our successes.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.  Good luck out there!

Hey @David Lee  congratulations on submitting your first offer! I don’t know if you did any contingencies on an inspection, but me know if you want me to do a walk through with you. I’ve been doing remodeling/carpentry for 7 years now and an extra set of eyes never hurts. I enjoyed your 40 under 40 bio in the Springfield Business Journal. I’d definitely be down for an investor meet up.

@David Lee congrats and best of luck! If I’m in town when you guys have your meeting I’d be happy to join. Feel free to send me a PM for contacts you may need.

Hi, is anyone familiar with the Grandview/Springfield Illinois area I have a contract to purchase a a single family 3 bed home for $15k? Thanks John 

I’d definitely be interested. I live just south of Springfield (Auburn) if you guys have any questions about Grandview message me. I was an officer in that village for 4 years and know a lot about the area.

@DavidLee I am an investor in the area but I currently don't live there. I would really enjoy a meetup for when I am in town to visit. I believe that a meetup would be great and a way to connect investors to other great investors instead of taking this journey alone. Good luck and if there is anything I can do to help you let me know. 

Did this meetup ever happen. My wife and I are originally from Jacksonville. We currently have a few rental properties and will be in Jacksonville/Springfield area the week of Thanksgiving. Would anyone be interested in meeting the week of Thanksgiving?

@Bryan Pierce we have not had a meeting yet.  I think a meeting during Thanksgiving week when people are back in town is a great idea.  Let's make it official.  7PM, Tuesday November 26th at Buzz Bomb Brewery downtown Springfield.  Address is 406 E Adams Street.  Let's meet on the second floor so we can separate ourselves a little bit.  First Springfield, IL Investor Meetup!  This will be great, feel free to share with anyone who's interested.  Also, let us know on here if you'll be coming! @Alexandria Harden @Derrick Burtle @George Skidis @John Manta @Ashly McGlasson @August Kleinschmidt @Twana Rasoul @David Worker  

Looks like Bigger Pockets took down my post because I linked a FB group. Apparently that’s against the rules! It’s called Springfield, IL Investor Group. If you can’t find it bc it’s private, add me on FB or shoot me your email and I’ll be able to add you. Thoughts on making it public vs private group?

Count me in!!! I tried a few years ago to get something started and it was a big flop. I gave it a few months and gave up. You name the place and time and I'll be there. If you need help with a venue let me know. I own a small venue south of town @David Lee

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you