Famous Four Analysis (January 2013-2020)

Famous Four Analysis (January 2013-2020)

Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes

Dear BP Community,

3 months and 1 RSI later (true story) I am happy to share with you the complete analysis of the Famous Four section of the first 365 Real Estate podcasts, which corresponds to the 7th anniversary of the show (January 2013-2020). The Powerpoint presentation is available on the Fileplace under the name "Famous four analysis (January 2013-2020)". (https://www.biggerpockets.com/files)I hope you will find the result as interesting and valuable as I did putting it together. No pretention to be a pro here, just a guy who likes BiggerPockets, the Community, and data.

Thanks to the BP leadership team to give me the green light to post it

If you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Enjoy!

Cedrick

85Reply
492 views

Most Popular Reply

Scott TrenchPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
6y

This is unbelievable and awesome. Thank you! For the convenience of others, here is a link that will take you directly to the file (you must at least have a free membership to access the fileplace):

https://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/CedrickM2/file/famous-four-analysis-january-2013-2020

See this reply in the discussion

124 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Richmond, VA · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux, that's a great PPT. Thanks for sharing.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Dale Mullen you are welcome Dale, thanks for your comment. Are you investing in real estate if I may ask? I do not see your portfolio on your profile. 

  • Attorney · Richmond, VA · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux thanks for asking about my portfolio. I am new to Bigger Pockets and, although many of my clients hold sizable REI, I am just getting started for me. I have helped build successful REI for others, and now it is my turn.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Esther Min Esther, another good question;

    This is just my opinion and I am sure there are other ways to analyze it but  think it is a combination of both; having some big whys helps you to get your"mindset straight"; Without them, I do not think; I think the books they mentioned helped them to refine their vision and then focus and discipline help them to execute their plan. I think as they are/we are going through adversity and gain small success, it comfort them/us in their/our vision and reinforce the mindset and the discipline. I think it "autofeeds" itself if I can use such analogy. It helps people to grow and move forward faster and more efficient as we/they gain more confidence they are on the right path; 

    Cheers

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Dale Mullen, Good for you; once you know what and where you want to invest in, don't hesitate to reach out if you need some connections.

    Good luck

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2018 · 38 posts · 23 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux Thank you for letting me ask this many questions! This post has been thought provoking and I appreciated reading the many responses.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Esther Min No problem, that is what a forum is made for. Glad you enjoyed it.

  • Attorney · Richmond, VA · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    6y
  • Real Estate Broker · Central Coast, CA · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    Thanks so much. This is great.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Dianna Vonderheide

    You are welcome Dianna. Thanks for your message

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Great info @scott trench! Thanks for sharing!

  • Realtor · Encinitas, CA · Member since 2020 · 125 posts · 92 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux

    I just came across your compilation of the famous four and I love it. Thank you, looks like I have my reading list lined up for the next couple months. I especially enjoyed your witty commentary!

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    Thanks @Nicole Holcomb for your nice message Nicole. Nice of you and congrats if the list is for you only a couple of months, you are pretty efficient; I am not at that level yet for sure. 

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Great Analysis! The lists and Presentation are on point! : ) 

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    Thank you @Gisel Lainez-Jimenez for your comment

  • Bernadeau C.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2014 · 540 posts · 230 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux this was awesome! great stuff, I definitely added a few books to my list!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Bernadeau C.Thanks Bernardeau for your message, I am glad that you liked it. Good luck with your small multi-family hunting

  • Investor · Hillsboro, OR · Member since 2020 · 8 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux Merci beaucoup! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Martin Michael De rien ;)

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @SamG. Thanks for the 100th vote! Much appreciated.

  • Real Estate Broker · Greenville, SC · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Cedrick, I love this - thank you for creating and sharing. I have done something similar for myself and am now encouraged to put it into an easy to consume format for others!  Let me know if you want to collaborate on it.  Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    5y

    @Tabitha Cooper Thanks Tabitha for your comment. I am glad you like it and "motivates" you to do the same for your project. I would be happy to talk with you about your project. Please DM directly so we can discuss further. Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.