Famous Four Analysis (January 2013-2020)

Famous Four Analysis (January 2013-2020)

Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes

Dear BP Community,

3 months and 1 RSI later (true story) I am happy to share with you the complete analysis of the Famous Four section of the first 365 Real Estate podcasts, which corresponds to the 7th anniversary of the show (January 2013-2020). The Powerpoint presentation is available on the Fileplace under the name "Famous four analysis (January 2013-2020)". (https://www.biggerpockets.com/files)I hope you will find the result as interesting and valuable as I did putting it together. No pretention to be a pro here, just a guy who likes BiggerPockets, the Community, and data.

Thanks to the BP leadership team to give me the green light to post it

If you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Enjoy!

Cedrick

85Reply
453 views

Most Popular Reply

Scott TrenchPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
6y

This is unbelievable and awesome. Thank you! For the convenience of others, here is a link that will take you directly to the file (you must at least have a free membership to access the fileplace):

https://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/CedrickM2/file/famous-four-analysis-january-2013-2020

See this reply in the discussion

124 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Scott TrenchPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    This is unbelievable and awesome. Thank you! For the convenience of others, here is a link that will take you directly to the file (you must at least have a free membership to access the fileplace):

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/CedrickM2/file/famous-four-analysis-january-2013-2020

  • Gregory SchwartzBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · College Station, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Thanks @Scott Trench. 

  • Gregory SchwartzBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · College Station, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    thanks @Cedrick Mahieux. I'm sure this wasn't easy to collect. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    Thanks Scott, coming from you it means a lot! @Scott Trench

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Gregory Schwartz

    Sorry I guess I need to get used to the post sections as I replied all over the place. Thank you

    Yes it did. The transcript of some of the podcast helped a bit

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Scott Trench

    Sorry, getting used to the posts, I replied in the wrong box.

    Thank you for your message. It means a lot coming from you.

    Regards

    Cedrick

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    Hahah this is the greatest slide show presentation EVER. I am definitely going to talk about this on the Podcast. I might even take all the credit for it... ;)

    Thanks again! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Brandon Turner

    The last sentence proves two things to me:

    - you did go through all the way down to the credit. Thanks for doing that.

    -it is the real Brandon who replied. Only him can write such a sentence. :)

    Ok seriously thanks for your nice message. I am glad you liked it and that is awesome to hear!

    I am fine you take the credit as long as you include me in your next deal and we can create a motivational/inspirational framed art from the word clouds, I am good with it.

    Just kidding (even if I think the board would be awesome)

    Honestly, I would not have come up with this without the proper content, so thanks to you guys. It really helped/helps me in starting a new chapter in my life.

    If you need anything to help, let me know

  • Investor/Agent/Entrepreneur · Dallas, TX · Member since 2016 · 464 posts · 564 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux Wow, thank you for putting this together, love it!

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Ujwal Velagapudi

    Thank you very much Ujwal

    I am glad you like it

  • Jeff LeePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Huffman, TX · Member since 2018 · 68 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    And I now have my summer reading planned out. Thanks, @Cedrick Mahieux!

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Jeff Lee

    Yes I was thinking to give the list to my friends and they do not have to worry about what to get me for Xmas and my birthday the next 10 years

  • Stephen KeigheryBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 716 posts · 555 votes
    6y

    This is Awesome! Nice work @Cedrick Mahieux

    Home Buyer Louisiana4.855 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Stephen Keighery

    Thanks Stephen for your feedback

  • Rental Property Investor · Hallandale, FL · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    What a great way to visualize all of it. Thank you for you hard work. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Seva Chilinciuc

    Thanks Seva for your message. It took some time yes but it is worth the effort if it can be useful to anybody

  • Rental Property Investor · MI · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    Thanks for the effort and share @Cedrick Mahieux. Well compiled!

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Ali Shaw

    My pleasure Ali, thanks for your message

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    No analysis of “the random 5” or was it 6?

  • JD MartinBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Rock Star Extraordinaire · Northeast, TN · Member since 2015 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    6y

    Nice work, sir! I am proud to have contributed my 1/365th portion of the study. Here's where I put a plug in for Vicki Robin's "Your Money or Your Life", the book that most profoundly transformed the way I looked at money.

    Skyline Properties
    View Page
  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Michael P.

    Hi Michael. I remember replying to your post.but do not see the response. Usually the question#5 is where can people find more about you. I skipped it and put the guests attending the most, I thouhgt it was more interesting. I know sometimes Brandon was adjusting some of the questions because the ones by default were not relevant but were too specific to the guest to extract a common info from all of them.

    I hope it answers your question

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @JD Martin

    Thanks for your comment Joe.

    I am sure it is pretty neat to have contributed to one of the 365th tiles that makes this amazing "mosaic" of information and resources

    For the book, that is one of the two you mentioned with Tim Ferriss' for question#2

    I will check it out. My list of books has grown so much since this analysis...

    Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to check the document

  • Rental Property Investor · OH · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux

    Thx for sharing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Haihui Locke my pleasure

  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Enjoyed the deck, reminded me to download a few books that I was missing. Not a fan of the word & phrase clouds, too cluttered for my eyes, is there another way to display that kind of data?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.