Famous Four Analysis (January 2013-2020)

Famous Four Analysis (January 2013-2020)

Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes

Dear BP Community,

3 months and 1 RSI later (true story) I am happy to share with you the complete analysis of the Famous Four section of the first 365 Real Estate podcasts, which corresponds to the 7th anniversary of the show (January 2013-2020). The Powerpoint presentation is available on the Fileplace under the name "Famous four analysis (January 2013-2020)". (https://www.biggerpockets.com/files)I hope you will find the result as interesting and valuable as I did putting it together. No pretention to be a pro here, just a guy who likes BiggerPockets, the Community, and data.

Thanks to the BP leadership team to give me the green light to post it

If you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Enjoy!

Cedrick

85Reply
444 views

Most Popular Reply

Scott TrenchPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 6k+ votes
6y

This is unbelievable and awesome. Thank you! For the convenience of others, here is a link that will take you directly to the file (you must at least have a free membership to access the fileplace):

https://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/CedrickM2/file/famous-four-analysis-january-2013-2020

See this reply in the discussion

124 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Micky Mouse

    Thanks

    Besides zooming on the slides, or printing them out on big board, there is not too much you can do I believe

    If you want to look at the data differently, go to slide 32 in the sup info section amd click on the pdf link of Q4. This is the list of the phrases captured in a table format

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 76 posts · 70 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux

    Thanks for taking the time. There was some really interesting stuff there, although I’m not surprised about RDPD. :)

    Best,

    Josiah

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Josiah Patrick Zebarth

    Thanks for your comment. Yes rdpd was a given for sure. Even the hosts joke about it everytime it is mentioned because it is so common.

  • Rental Property Investor · Franklin, TN · Member since 2015 · 106 posts · 29 votes
    6y

    just ordered 4 new books from amazon based on this deck. good stuff!

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Thanks for sharing!  

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Tuan Do

    You are welcome

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Jon Mason

    Thanks Jon. I am glad it is helpful

  • Jason JamesPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Hillsboro, OR · Member since 2018 · 117 posts · 64 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux thank for compiling the info and most importantly sharing. Personally I use the famous four suggestions for  my reading and book selection. Thanks again man. It's greatly appreciated.

  • Member since 2020 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    Great post. I already downloaded a new audio book, based on this report. Thank you.

  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux

    Thank you for the great ppt slides! It is very helpful.
    How do we get complete list of books outside Top10?
  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 13 votes
    6y
    @Cedrick Mahieux


    Thanks Cedrick for the great ppt slide!

    How can we get the list of books outside Top 10?

  • New to Real Estate · Grants Pass, OR · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    This is amazing! Thanks for sharing @Cedrick Mahieux!

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Kenny Durrant Thanks for your comment Kenny and you are welcome

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Steve C. Hi Steve, I am glad it is helpful and thanks for taking the time to provide me the feedback.

    To your question: on the top 10 bar chart, there is a green arrow on the bottom right after the "10th bar". If you click on it, it will bring you to slide#32. Here you have the complete PDF list of answers for each question. 

    Let me know if that works for you

    Thanks

    Cedrick

  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 13 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Cedrick Mahieux:

    @Steve C. Hi Steve, I am glad it is helpful and thanks for taking the time to provide me the feedback.

    To your question: on the top 10 bar chart, there is a green arrow on the bottom right after the "10th bar". If you click on it, it will bring you to slide#32. Here you have the complete PDF list of answers for each question. 

    Let me know if that works for you

    Thanks

    Cedrick

    Yes, I was looking at p.32. If I click the pdf link outside slide show, below is error message I am getting
    from PowerPoint.

    The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application.

    What would be actual URL for these files, if any? Will other people also have authority to access this as well?

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Steve C.  It look like the majority of the people can open them. Have you tried the solution proposed by @JD.Randall?

    Here is his post:
    "Loved it! (I had trouble opening it but I got around it by downloading it and then uploading it to my google drive and opening with google slides for anyone else having issues)"

    If it still does not work, I will send you directly the PDFs

  • San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 13 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Cedrick Mahieux:

    @Steve C.  It look like the majority of the people can open them. Have you tried the solution proposed by @JD.Randall?

    Here is his post:
    "Loved it! (I had trouble opening it but I got around it by downloading it and then uploading it to my google drive and opening with google slides for anyone else having issues)"

    If it still does not work, I will send you directly the PDFs

    Thanks Cedrick for the tip. I think JD had an issue with opening the file itself. The file itself opened fine for me with Powerpoint. I think not many people might have tried to open pdf files as well. Sorry to ask you, but if you can send me PDFs by email or if you can post that together some place in BiggerPockets, that will be great.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Steve C. Steve, I am working with customer support on posting them in 1 folder associated with the document; for the mean time, which PDFs do you want ?

  • Investor · Mills River, NC · Member since 2019 · 37 posts · 68 votes
    6y

    This was an excellent compilation of data. Since I began listening to the podcasts last summer, I have thought of doing something similar. The 4th question would be cool to place in audio format to listen to every answer. Now that would be a motivational clip! 

    Thank you and well done!

  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux - Thanks for this!

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Pasi Musaindapo you are welcome

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Marcus Shukes Thanks for your message Marcus

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed

  • Vancouver, Canada · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux

    This is great.

    I’ve have a spreadsheet with all the books that have been mentioned, so far I’m only at podcasts 101 still a long way to go.

    Im using it to pick what book to read next.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 72 posts · 110 votes
    6y

    @James Smyth

    Yes a long list and several days of reading ahead for sure.

    Thanks for your comment.

    Cédrick

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.