Famous Four Analysis (January 2013-2020)

Famous Four Analysis (January 2013-2020)

Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes

Dear BP Community,

3 months and 1 RSI later (true story) I am happy to share with you the complete analysis of the Famous Four section of the first 365 Real Estate podcasts, which corresponds to the 7th anniversary of the show (January 2013-2020). The Powerpoint presentation is available on the Fileplace under the name "Famous four analysis (January 2013-2020)". (https://www.biggerpockets.com/files)I hope you will find the result as interesting and valuable as I did putting it together. No pretention to be a pro here, just a guy who likes BiggerPockets, the Community, and data.

Thanks to the BP leadership team to give me the green light to post it

If you have any comments or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Enjoy!

Cedrick

85Reply
479 views

Most Popular Reply

Scott TrenchPro Member
Rental Property Investor 路 Denver, CO 路 Member since 2014 路 2k+ posts 路 6k+ votes
6y

This is unbelievable and awesome. Thank you! For the convenience of others, here is a link that will take you directly to the file (you must at least have a free membership to access the fileplace):

https://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/CedrickM2/file/famous-four-analysis-january-2013-2020

See this reply in the discussion

124 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor 路 Member since 2018 路 45 posts 路 13 votes
    6y

    Can we have a PDF version of it? 

  • Westbury, NY 路 Member since 2016 路 69 posts 路 37 votes
    6y

    Incredible! Narrowed down my reading list for sure!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 AZ 路 Member since 2013 路 213 posts 路 50 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux Thank you for putting this together! Makes it so easy for me to select books now ;)

    And funny last line of your disclaimer page!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes
    6y

    @Account Closed, ; I know I should have asked a compensation for these authors by boosting their sales. Thanks for your message and reading through the entire document :)

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes
    6y

    @Andres Vanegas, thanks for your comment. I am glad it helps

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes
    6y

    @Bishwash Aryal check my initial post. a link to the PDF is there too

  • Investor 路 Peoria, AZ 路 Member since 2016 路 114 posts 路 163 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux

    Great presentation, and I loved the word clouds.

    Thanks for all of the work on this.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes
    6y

    @Randy Smith

    Thanks Randy for your message. I am trying to see if we can get that as a poster or something

  • New to Real Estate 路 Sydney, Aus 路 Member since 2020 路 28 posts 路 13 votes
    6y

    This is amazing thank you so much for putting this together!

  • Real Estate Consultant 路 Philadelphia, PA 路 Member since 2020 路 12 posts 路 10 votes
    6y

    Thank you Cedrick for sharing this information. As someone with an engineering background I appreciate the data you collected and the way it was presented. Keep up the good work my friend. 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes
    6y

    @Dominic RoylesThanks Dominic for your message, Nice to get some international feedback, especially from such a great City. I visited it few years ago and loved it

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes
    6y

    @Joe Freeman Thanks Joe for your message and encouragement. I appreciate you took the time to post it here. 

  • Lender 路 Newark, NJ 路 Member since 2016 路 695 posts 路 252 votes
    6y

    awesome job

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes
    6y

    Thanks @Jonathan Soto for your comment

  • Appraiser 路 Clovis, CA 路 Member since 2014 路 16 posts 路 11 votes
    6y

    Nicely done. Thanks!

  • Investor 路 Member since 2019 路 30 posts 路 8 votes
    6y


    @Cedrick Mahieux this is truly an impressive effort.  What background do you have that allowed you to do this?  Are you a data scientist?  Was this just some excel magic or did you use some other software or programming language?

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes
    6y

    @Jason Meadows Thanks Jason for your message. I am a Ph.D chemist working in R&D so I have/had data to work with. Not specifically this kind of data to put on an excel table but analysing any types and trying to make sense of them if part of my job. No programming of any kind, this (data input and treatment) was pretty much some excel work except for the word cloud where I used a software for the data treatment (the ref is in the credit slide). The key is to make sure you enter the data the right way so it generates the graph you need. Do not hesitate to DM me if you want to discuss further about it or have any work that would require such type of work

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Chattanooga, TN 路 Member since 2018 路 258 posts 路 136 votes
    6y

    This is awesome! I can not figure out how to access the pdf data though, am I doing something wrong here lol

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes
    6y

    @David Nacco Thanks David for your comment. For the PDF, please check my initial post and the update I did in it. There is a link to the file place with all the PDFs

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Chattanooga, TN 路 Member since 2018 路 258 posts 路 136 votes
    6y

    @Cedrick Mahieux Thanks I didn鈥檛 see that! Thanks for making this! Got a new reading list. lol

  • New to Real Estate 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2019 路 10 posts 路 3 votes
    6y

    Very helpful, thanks Cedrick!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes
    6y

    @Jonathan Lowe

    馃憤

  • Investor 路 Bloomington, IL 路 Member since 2018 路 8 posts 路 5 votes
    6y

    Wow! What a great idea and what helpful information! Thanks for putting the hard work into this.

  • Polson, MT 路 Member since 2017 路 115 posts 路 105 votes
    6y

    Great idea, I was literally just thinking of this yesterday, thinking someone should compile all the famous fours into a book.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 72 posts 路 110 votes
    6y

    @Brian D Johnson

    Thanks Brian for taking the time to provide some positive feedback

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.