Newbie - Jacksonville, soon-to-be Orlando, FL

Newbie - Jacksonville, soon-to-be Orlando, FL

Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 3 votes

Good day everyone, my name is Brian and I recently began my journey into being my own business owner/investor. Real Estate seems like a good entry point which led me to Turner's "Rental Property Investing." I'm about 92% done with the book and it's left me pretty excited. 

I'm currently still in the military service and I'm using my last two years to get a Master in Business Administration degree (just started applying, been accepted to a few). Figured why not, maybe it'll help bring some credibility to my name and give me a foundation moving forward. 

Well, me and a partner are looking to get into rentals, flipping (if we're confident enough), house hacking, and maybe wholesaling. Our primary focus will more than likely be rentals (SFRs). 


We will be moving to Orlando in about 2 or 3 years to start this venture. I figured I'd start here early to start building relationships and knowledge, because Orlando is a beast. On one side of the town you have def As and Bs. And the other you have straight Fs (forget Ds). So navigating real estate will definitely have its up and downs. But, Orlando is still developing and attracting new people everyday. 


If anyone can provide insight on topics listed above, have specific experiences in Orlando, and to share your great wealth, please send me a message. Hopefully you made it to the end of this post. Thanks for reading.

1Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Chad RockeBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 383 posts · 181 votes
5y

Hey @Brian Wilkins!

Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / virtual meet ups

4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

Good luck,

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Brian Wilkins I am local here in Orlando. I am an investor and Realtor. If you ever want to chat or have questions feel free to reach out. The market is super competitive right now but if you are looking at investing in 2-3 years then the market may be very different by then. 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Brian Wilkins:

    Good day everyone, my name is Brian and I recently began my journey into being my own business owner/investor. Real Estate seems like a good entry point which led me to Turner's "Rental Property Investing." I'm about 92% done with the book and it's left me pretty excited. 

    I'm currently still in the military service and I'm using my last two years to get a Master in Business Administration degree (just started applying, been accepted to a few). Figured why not, maybe it'll help bring some credibility to my name and give me a foundation moving forward. 

    Well, me and a partner are looking to get into rentals, flipping (if we're confident enough), house hacking, and maybe wholesaling. Our primary focus will more than likely be rentals (SFRs). 


    We will be moving to Orlando in about 2 or 3 years to start this venture. I figured I'd start here early to start building relationships and knowledge, because Orlando is a beast. On one side of the town you have def As and Bs. And the other you have straight Fs (forget Ds). So navigating real estate will definitely have its up and downs. But, Orlando is still developing and attracting new people everyday. 


    If anyone can provide insight on topics listed above, have specific experiences in Orlando, and to share your great wealth, please send me a message. Hopefully you made it to the end of this post. Thanks for reading.

    You are in the right place Brian!

  • Chad RockeBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 383 posts · 181 votes
    5y

    Hey @Brian Wilkins!

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

    1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

    2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

    3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / virtual meet ups

    4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

    5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

    Good luck,

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.