Joey Miller, Columbus OH, Ambitious and Hungry!

Joey Miller, Columbus OH, Ambitious and Hungry!

Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2021 · 203 posts · 247 votes

Hey guys! 

My name is Joey, I am a 21 year old from Columbus Ohio. Ive been surrounded by real estate my whole life! I have tried different strategies already(all have failed) but I am staying persistent! I started my journey getting into leasing luxury apartments and doing management. Next, I tried my hand at Airbnb arbittrage but COVID brought that to a screeching halt LOL. Most recently I got my license and have been diving into it to soak up as much as possible and using it to learn. 

My end goal is to be passive like beardy brandy and help people learn about real estate.

6Reply
47 views

Most Popular Reply

Remington LymanBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
5y
Originally posted by @Joe Miller:

Hey guys! 

My name is Joey, I am a 21 year old from Columbus Ohio. Ive been surrounded by real estate my whole life! I have tried different strategies already(all have failed) but I am staying persistent! I started my journey getting into leasing luxury apartments and doing management. Next, I tried my hand at Airbnb arbittrage but COVID brought that to a screeching halt LOL. Most recently I got my license and have been diving into it to soak up as much as possible and using it to learn. 

My end goal is to be passive like beardy brandy and help people learn about real estate.

Why did leasing apartments fail? I have been investing in Columbus, Ohio for almost 4 years so far and have been successful. I would be happy to chat with you.

See this reply in the discussion

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 20 votes
    5y

    @Joe Miller Seems like you are off to a great start! Keep at it and you will do great!

  • Real Estate Consultant · IN · Member since 2021 · 139 posts · 85 votes
    5y

    Hey @Joe Miller,

    Keep trying and figure out what works best for you. I'm sure you'll do great! I'm will be going to college in Cincinnati this fall. Would love to connect on BP. 

    Good luck! 

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Joe Miller:

    Hey guys! 

    My name is Joey, I am a 21 year old from Columbus Ohio. Ive been surrounded by real estate my whole life! I have tried different strategies already(all have failed) but I am staying persistent! I started my journey getting into leasing luxury apartments and doing management. Next, I tried my hand at Airbnb arbittrage but COVID brought that to a screeching halt LOL. Most recently I got my license and have been diving into it to soak up as much as possible and using it to learn. 

    My end goal is to be passive like beardy brandy and help people learn about real estate.

    Why did leasing apartments fail? I have been investing in Columbus, Ohio for almost 4 years so far and have been successful. I would be happy to chat with you.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y

    @Joe Miller

    Welcome to BP community! It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more.

    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    Wishing you the best!

  • Property Manager · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2019 · 131 posts · 237 votes
    5y

    Welcome to BP! Sounds like you are off to a good start! The biggest thing is constantly learning!

  • Brandon SturgillBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome @Joe Miller Failing frequently is the fastest way to success...

    Realize Multifamily Group11 Review
    View Page
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    That's a great goal, Joe!  Glad to have you as a part of this great community!

  • Investor · Malakoff, TX · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    Looks like you've been trying to get into real estate in one firm or another without investing any cash. That isn't likely to work out. Have a steady income, save up a downpayment, and make a purchase.

  • Real Estate Broker · Forney, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 399 votes
    5y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets Joe! Best of luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Lebanon, OH · Member since 2016 · 220 posts · 228 votes
    5y

    The best thing you have going for you is your attitude @Joe Miller! But, it looks like you have a long way to go with growing a beard! Good luck and God bless!

  • Bonnie LowPro Member
    Lender · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    I love your persistence and resilience - that's what it takes! Good luck to you. Ohio is looking better and better to this out of state investor....!

  • Michael K GallagherBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Joe Miller welcome and congrats on jumping in!  persistence and consistency is for sure the recipe for success.  Hope to see you around cbus sometime soon!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.