Rookie Ready to House Hack a Duplex

Rookie Ready to House Hack a Duplex

New to Real Estate · Sacramento, Calif. · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 10 votes

Well all the bug finally bit me and I'm now in the real estate game. I just got my offer accepted. I will have a duplex in Sacramento, CA. I plan on living in one of the units and renting out the other. I'm going to house hack the heck out of this duplex. I'm so excited! Thank you BP for giving me the knowledge and courage to make it happen.  

6Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 5 votes
5y

@Nicole Masters

Hey Nicole, thank you for posting this! I too would love to attend the meet up and others that come up in the near future as I’m able. I’m from the Bay originally and currently making the steps to ultimately secure my first house hack in the Sacramento Area. Would love to get better connected with investors, agents, managers, etc in the area. I searched for above but I didn’t see for some reason. Do you know who’s hosting and or the full name of the app, just so I can double check I’m on the right one? Much appreciated! 🙂

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2020 · 210 posts · 163 votes
    5y

    Congrats on your first property and for getting started!

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2018 · 313 posts · 230 votes
    5y

    @Frederick Robinson congrats!  Where'd you buy in Sacramento?

  • Realtor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 242 posts · 152 votes
    5y

    @Frederick Robinson Congratulations! That’s amazing!

    There’s an awesome meet up at Kickn’ Mule in Sacramento on Monday August 23rd at 6 pm if you want to come join us for some real estate chat!

    • New to Real Estate · Sacramento, Calif. · Member since 2021 · 7 posts · 10 votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Nicole Masters:

      @Frederick Robinson Congratulations! That’s amazing!

      There’s an awesome meet up at Kickn’ Mule in Sacramento on Monday August 23rd at 6 pm if you want to come join us for some real estate chat!

      Okay. How often do you all meet up. I might be able to make it next time.

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Glad to have you as part of this community, Frederick! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Forney, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 399 votes
    5y

    @Frederick Robinson, welcome to the forums! What a great start! Wishing you success as you continue house hacking. 

  • Dan GuentherBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Longmont, CO · Member since 2019 · 548 posts · 271 votes
    5y

    @Frederick Robinson

    Nice work! Such a good feeling when everything finally comes together. Best of luck on your due diligence process and hope it all works out well for you. 

  • Realtor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 242 posts · 152 votes
    5y

    @Frederick Robinson

    Search West Sacramento Real Estate Meetup in the meetup app. We usually meet every other week. The next one will be zoom and the following one will be in person! Hope to see you there!

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2021 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Nicole Masters

    Hey Nicole, thank you for posting this! I too would love to attend the meet up and others that come up in the near future as I’m able. I’m from the Bay originally and currently making the steps to ultimately secure my first house hack in the Sacramento Area. Would love to get better connected with investors, agents, managers, etc in the area. I searched for above but I didn’t see for some reason. Do you know who’s hosting and or the full name of the app, just so I can double check I’m on the right one? Much appreciated! 🙂

  • Real Estate Agent · Boise, ID · Member since 2021 · 24 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    Congrats Frederick and best of luck!

  • Realtor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 242 posts · 152 votes
    5y

    @Christopher Hill I’ll send you a DM!

  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    Awesome! Congratulations on that Purchase! 

  • Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2017 · 58 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    Congrats and good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.