Real Estate Agent · Palm Coast, FL · Member since 2018 · 363 posts · 243 votes
This is really going to be off topic! Who in the BP community is a Bourbon and Whiskey drinker, collector or snob. I have begun to collect and really learn more about the art of Bourbon and have taken a break from reading books about Real Estate for a few months to reset a little and have dove head first in to the world of bourbon. The last 2 years I have collected over 80 different bottle and gotten my hands on a good bit of the staples. Of course the unicorns are crazy expensive and hard to like the Pappys and Birthday Bourbon are still on my wish list. So let use this thread to relax a bit a talk Juice!
So what is everyones FAV's? I'll start with a craft bourbon out of Chicago, Koval Bourbon (Wheated). The aroma is amazing and the taste either neat or over ice is smooth and warm with a little bit of hug!
Contractor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
3y
Hey @Joseph Beilke - To be honest, I just gave up drinking not too long and feel amazing! I did enjoy bourbon from time to time and my dad does too. Although I am here in Chicago, I lived in Lousiville and really loved Four Roses.
My friends and I have an Airbnb in L-Ville so we will be exploring there more. When did more around Bardstown last year.
I never had any type of surgery in my life. Today at 1130 I'm having a bicep rupture repaired. They said I'm going to be put under and have a nerve block. Honestly, I want this done so I can get back to gym, but I do not like the idea of going under. UGH. I had some Blanton's last night to chill
.
What juice do you think I should come home too?
Excellent mini-Bar!
I vote for coming back to a Seagram 7 and full sugar 7-up.
A 7/7....on ice with a black straw, and no garnish.
My friends and I have an Airbnb in L-Ville so we will be exploring there more. When did more around Bardstown last year.
I never had any type of surgery in my life. Today at 1130 I'm having a bicep rupture repaired. They said I'm going to be put under and have a nerve block. Honestly, I want this done so I can get back to gym, but I do not like the idea of going under. UGH. I had some Blanton's last night to chill
.
What juice do you think I should come home too?
Got ya. Well hard to say since it seems you are well set with that pic! You got pretty much a lot of it covered. I still think lacking Town Branch distillery out of Lexington would be a nice addition. Jeptha Creed is close to L-ville if you wanted to hop down there for a tour and probably easily found in L-ville as well. Castle and Key was a interesting choice but they definitely to me hit the mark for gin more. If you are into getting any clear liquor their gin I suggest as a good starter to expand that collection.
Real Estate Agent · Palm Coast, FL · Member since 2018 · 363 posts · 243 votes
3y
Well after surgery I ended up drinking; (some one guessed correct).... 7&7. Something about the crispness' was very appealing that night. It was prefect with my Pizza and donut craving. I guess this is how pregnant women feel with there odd cravings.
Real Estate Agent · Palm Coast, FL · Member since 2018 · 363 posts · 243 votes
3y
Please don't hate on me when I tell you this. I scored 2 Bottles of Blanton Gold and 2 Bottles of Blanton's Straight from the Barrel in St Maarten. I got put on to a store on Front street in the town of Philipsburg near the cruise port called Gulmohar's Whiskey Paradise.
I did a little research on the place before I left for my trip and felt pretty good about this place being legit. I rented a car, made my way there and was shocked at the amount of Blanton's this guy had. Got to speak with the owner for a bit. He was super helpful and knowledgeable. Once I made my purchase his staffed boxed up my goodies. He asked for my cruise ship name, state room number and last name. On the night before the end of the cruise it showed up in our state room. What a top notch experience. He even said I could call often and have him set aside bottles for up to 2 years if I so desired. I have standing order for Pappy or Birthday Bourbon with him. He smiles and said okay, "but that's a long list."
Please don't hate on me when I tell you this. I scored 2 Bottles of Blanton Gold and 2 Bottles of Blanton's Straight from the Barrel in St Maarten. I got put on to a store on Front street in the town of Philipsburg near the cruise port called Gulmohar's Whiskey Paradise.
I did a little research on the place before I left for my trip and felt pretty good about this place being legit. I rented a car, made my way there and was shocked at the amount of Blanton's this guy had. Got to speak with the owner for a bit. He was super helpful and knowledgeable. Once I made my purchase his staffed boxed up my goodies. He asked for my cruise ship name, state room number and last name. On the night before the end of the cruise it showed up in our state room. What a top notch experience. He even said I could call often and have him set aside bottles for up to 2 years if I so desired. I have standing order for Pappy or Birthday Bourbon with him. He smiles and said okay, "but that's a long list."
Real Estate Agent · Palm Coast, FL · Member since 2018 · 363 posts · 243 votes
2y
Real estate is slow so time to spend money I don't have on bourbon. Spent a week in Louisville and Bardstown in mid Sept with a few friends for the Bourbon Festival. NO not "Bourbon and Beyond" Music Festival. The festival I went to was Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown. It was the second year going and boy my wife is sure forgiving when it comes to my habit. It only cost me a ski trip in Jan 2024. Here are a few flex pictures for you all to enjoy. My buddy was hell bent on having White Castle, we all regretted it later.
Real estate is slow so time to spend money I don't have on bourbon. Spent a week in Louisville and Bardstown in mid Sept with a few friends for the Bourbon Festival. NO not "Bourbon and Beyond" Music Festival. The festival I went to was Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown. It was the second year going and boy my wife is sure forgiving when it comes to my habit. It only cost me a ski trip in Jan 2024. Here are a few flex pictures for you all to enjoy. My buddy was hell bent on having White Castle, we all regretted it later.
Seems like a great time and that is for sure a lot of liquid gold. Congrats!
Real Estate Agent · Palm Coast, FL · Member since 2018 · 363 posts · 243 votes
2y
Been a while since posting in this thread. Wanted to shout out to @James Wilcox that I made to Jeptha Creed and picked a bottle of Bloody Butcher Corn. It's really good, thanks for the recommendation.
So the past few months Bourbon hunting has been slow. Did score a bottle of Little Book Chapter 7 and went out to Missouri to see Wife's family and visited two smaller Distillers in the town of Herman. At Cooper Mule scores a super yummy bottle call JD Select. Small bite on the tip of the tongue and smooth going back. Highly recommend if you're in the area to check out this small but growing brand.
Another smaller Distiller in Herman was Fernweh, had drinks at the bar and picked a bottle up from there too. Nice visit to Missouri and the town of Herman, they are starting to really grow and produce some good juice! Wood Hat Spirts is just north about 15-20 mins, off I-70 and they have been a staple of mine for a few years too. Wife's grew up with the corn producer for them.
Real Estate Agent · Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 602 votes
2y
@Joseph Beilke nice! Glad you like it. So when are you going to pick up a property for STR in central KY so you can visit the BT more? 😁 It is quickly becoming the a great tourist destination.
STR, You know I just might need to do that. I'm in the beginning stages of planning my annual trip to Central Kentucky in the second week of September.
Anywho, how is all my Bourbon friends out here in BP land. Its been a while sense we all caught up. Let's hear what we all scored for the this pasted holidays. Did Santa or spouses get you something super special or rare, or found a tasty treat from a local Distiller? Lets hear what you all got!
I picked up another bottle of Weller 107 and Little Book Chapter 7. I also got a bottle of Barman, the juice made by Coors. It's surprisingly good, and I grabbed a bottle of Traveler. Traveler was behind the counter at the ABC, they only had 6 bottles, figured I would grab it just because. After reading more about it. I thing it was to much a gimmick with Chirs Stapleton. I didn't know this but he's been sober for a good many years. Well, fingers crossed it at least taste okay...
STR, You know I just might need to do that. I'm in the beginning stages of planning my annual trip to Central Kentucky in the second week of September.
Anywho, how is all my Bourbon friends out here in BP land. Its been a while sense we all caught up. Let's hear what we all scored for the this pasted holidays. Did Santa or spouses get you something super special or rare, or found a tasty treat from a local Distiller? Lets hear what you all got!
I picked up another bottle of Weller 107 and Little Book Chapter 7. I also got a bottle of Barman, the juice made by Coors. It's surprisingly good, and I grabbed a bottle of Traveler. Traveler was behind the counter at the ABC, they only had 6 bottles, figured I would grab it just because. After reading more about it. I thing it was to much a gimmick with Chirs Stapleton. I didn't know this but he's been sober for a good many years. Well, fingers crossed it at least taste okay...
If you are in the Bluegrass you let me know. STR properties here do very well and that is a niche I have deep roots in. Maybe take a look at Whiskey Thief if you want to see a smaller local distiller that is up and coming. Also, shout out to Log Still Distillery as you will start to probably see them around. They are very cool things out there.
Unfortunately, I did not get any brown gold for the holidays. T_T
Real Estate Agent · Palm Coast, FL · Member since 2018 · 363 posts · 243 votes
2y
Good morning Bourbon drinkers. Home feeling like crap so I figure I would troll the BP Forums and update the Bourbon Tread. The last few weeks have been good to me. Between friends, family, Vault invites and a hunting I have score a few hard to find bottles.
I also came across a liquor store in town that is hoarding some good stuff. Spoke with owner and made a deal with hime for Thomas Handy, Elmer T Lee, and Pappy 15. I told him if I close this house on May 24 I'll buy all three if he still has them for a combined price of $1500. He agreed to the terms. Just wish there was a bourbon contract we could have signed to hold him to the terms.
Anyway hope the hunting is going well for everyone. My friends and I have our tickets for the Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown in Sept. Gotta find a sweet AirBnB now.
Good morning Bourbon drinkers. Home feeling like crap so I figure I would troll the BP Forums and update the Bourbon Tread. The last few weeks have been good to me. Between friends, family, Vault invites and a hunting I have score a few hard to find bottles.
I also came across a liquor store in town that is hoarding some good stuff. Spoke with owner and made a deal with hime for Thomas Handy, Elmer T Lee, and Pappy 15. I told him if I close this house on May 24 I'll buy all three if he still has them for a combined price of $1500. He agreed to the terms. Just wish there was a bourbon contract we could have signed to hold him to the terms.
Anyway hope the hunting is going well for everyone. My friends and I have our tickets for the Kentucky Bourbon Festival in Bardstown in Sept. Gotta find a sweet AirBnB now.
Here a picture of my spring haul.
What kind of place are you looking for? Also, Just so you know Bardstown as National Bourbon Week no in June. In case, you wanted to really go for a long Bourbon haul.
I booked a AirBnb this morning in the Crescent Hill Neighborhood of Louisville. Some unlucky soul will get stuck with a twin bed, while the rest of us sleep like KINGS!! 5 Nights of Bourbon!
I booked a AirBnb this morning in the Crescent Hill Neighborhood of Louisville. Some unlucky soul will get stuck with a twin bed, while the rest of us sleep like KINGS!! 5 Nights of Bourbon!
Cool. Hey, when you want to come get a home away from home or investment property in the Bluegrass state you come talk to me. Let's get you an Airbnb so you can visit more often. Also, if you want some distilleries to put on your list while here LMK.
Real Estate Agent · Palm Coast, FL · Member since 2018 · 363 posts · 243 votes
2y
Good evening Bourbon drinkers!!! Couple pours in this evening, so please don't bash my grammar or typing skills. So I had a tenant ghost me with one month left on the lease. I can say she left the place clean other than she violated the lease terms by smoking in it and busted a hole in the air return box. I caught her smoking about a year ago and she put up an outside smoking area. Things were cool, she alway paid a few day before the first of each month and she was very nice. Thursday I get a text that she leaving and the key is under the mat. I go over Friday and smoke smell is bad. So today ozone treatment and air return box repair, then I found some dry but soft base board behind the refrigerator. $163.00 later from Lowes and $200 for Ozone treat I hope I can turn this place fast. I'm out a months rent, any might have to paint. Another couple hundred buck in paint and my wife's labor. Plus some landscaping up keep. I'm beat, rant over! Time for some pours. Two ice cold Coors Light, First bourbon is Luck 7, second was Blade and Bow, third will be.......
Real Estate Agent · Palm Coast, FL · Member since 2018 · 363 posts · 243 votes
1y
HELLO!!!!! Where are my Bourbon and Whiskey friends?? Let chat up business and magic juice.
For me it has been a busy but difficult first 4 months of 2025. I have 5 listing, 8 buyers and 2 closing and 1 under contract. The news and markets scare people, the interest rates are average historically, but still consider high. Home prices in my part of Florida have not balance out and people are struggling with price drops. My rental are still doing well and the rent rates have remain the same. I have only 2 tenant that did not renew and rates may not have gone up, but they didn't go down. That my Real Estate life in a nut sell.
Now for bourbon, I have dial back my buying for really 2 reason, not enough money and my bar is full. But for my birthday I got an infinity canter (32oz) and I have been adding 2 to 4 OZ of remaining bottles as they get close to empty. I have to say that has added a whole new level to the hobby. Once the bottle reaches 2/3 full I'll start to drink it.
How's everyone else been doing. Any good brown water or real estate stories???
HELLO!!!!! Where are my Bourbon and Whiskey friends?? Let chat up business and magic juice.
For me it has been a busy but difficult first 4 months of 2025. I have 5 listing, 8 buyers and 2 closing and 1 under contract. The news and markets scare people, the interest rates are average historically, but still consider high. Home prices in my part of Florida have not balance out and people are struggling with price drops. My rental are still doing well and the rent rates have remain the same. I have only 2 tenant that did not renew and rates may not have gone up, but they didn't go down. That my Real Estate life in a nut sell.
Now for bourbon, I have dial back my buying for really 2 reason, not enough money and my bar is full. But for my birthday I got an infinity canter (32oz) and I have been adding 2 to 4 OZ of remaining bottles as they get close to empty. I have to say that has added a whole new level to the hobby. Once the bottle reaches 2/3 full I'll start to drink it.
How's everyone else been doing. Any good brown water or real estate stories???
Just picked up a bottle of my favorite, Lagavullin. I know, it's scotch....and fairly pricy...but the taste...OMG. If you like the smokey stuff that is...
HELLO!!!!! Where are my Bourbon and Whiskey friends?? Let chat up business and magic juice.
For me it has been a busy but difficult first 4 months of 2025. I have 5 listing, 8 buyers and 2 closing and 1 under contract. The news and markets scare people, the interest rates are average historically, but still consider high. Home prices in my part of Florida have not balance out and people are struggling with price drops. My rental are still doing well and the rent rates have remain the same. I have only 2 tenant that did not renew and rates may not have gone up, but they didn't go down. That my Real Estate life in a nut sell.
Now for bourbon, I have dial back my buying for really 2 reason, not enough money and my bar is full. But for my birthday I got an infinity canter (32oz) and I have been adding 2 to 4 OZ of remaining bottles as they get close to empty. I have to say that has added a whole new level to the hobby. Once the bottle reaches 2/3 full I'll start to drink it.
How's everyone else been doing. Any good brown water or real estate stories???
Just picked up a bottle of my favorite, Lagavullin. I know, it's scotch....and fairly pricy...but the taste...OMG. If you like the smokey stuff that is...
HELLO!!!!! Where are my Bourbon and Whiskey friends?? Let chat up business and magic juice.
For me it has been a busy but difficult first 4 months of 2025. I have 5 listing, 8 buyers and 2 closing and 1 under contract. The news and markets scare people, the interest rates are average historically, but still consider high. Home prices in my part of Florida have not balance out and people are struggling with price drops. My rental are still doing well and the rent rates have remain the same. I have only 2 tenant that did not renew and rates may not have gone up, but they didn't go down. That my Real Estate life in a nut sell.
Now for bourbon, I have dial back my buying for really 2 reason, not enough money and my bar is full. But for my birthday I got an infinity canter (32oz) and I have been adding 2 to 4 OZ of remaining bottles as they get close to empty. I have to say that has added a whole new level to the hobby. Once the bottle reaches 2/3 full I'll start to drink it.
How's everyone else been doing. Any good brown water or real estate stories???
Just picked up a bottle of my favorite, Lagavullin. I know, it's scotch....and fairly pricy...but the taste...OMG. If you like the smokey stuff that is...
Lagavulin 16. The nectar of the Gods….
Yep, that's the one! You probably know this, but Costco usually has it for much less than the liquor stores.....Cheers!