Glen Beck at Mall

Glen Beck at Mall

Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes

How cool about last weekend. Somewhere around 100,000 people (or 200K, or 300K or 50K) Showed up for a rally. Non political, non denominational and people found their OWN transportation. What a concept.
Even a MLK relative spoke as well as other leaders. Do you know of ANYONE that could draw that kind of crowd other than Beck, without busing them in?
Man, there sure are a lot of wackos that listen to Beck and read his books. I suggest Arguing with Idiots by Beck. Well documented and footnoted and no attacks about his "facts" in that book as far as I know. Learn the truth about education, healthcare, unions, dorders etc. Pretty cool for anyone that wants to actually read something that is well footnoted, unlike the teleprompter chats by the pres.
Attack the messenger. Can't run on unemployment reduction, economy progress, success in Iraq(Bush and Petraus get credit for Iraq) health care passage, border restoration, cap& trade etc. New projections are dems lose 48-70 seats in House, 8-9 in Senate and 9 govs. How fun would that be! Back to the old stalemate till 2012 when maybe we elect a businessman. Rich

0Reply
179 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
16y

What the heck is this thread even about? I thought it was supposed to be about Beck's rally of idiots.

Beck is a blathering moron and I never have understood how people can even take him seriously. In the few minutes I have watched his show I have felt dumber from the experience.

Beck is a performer and is capitalizing on the anger out there right now. Nothing more and nothing less...

From the other parts of this post I would have the following comments:

1. Those that attack education generally never attended and/or couldn't hack it. They then try to tell everyone how worthless it is because of their shortcomings

2. It is always entertaining to me that the people that can barely form complete sentences are the ones complaining about how bad our education system is....this happens almost daily on BP....good stuff!

3. Threads like this one are a complete waste of time and border on theological debates. Blind belief in something won't be changed

4. Those that complain about ad hominem attacks are generally the ones that engage in this activity the most on BP. Some of them even PM you during debates they are losing and call you names and such

For the record I consider myself pretty conservative on fiscal matters. On other things I am all over the map and generally err on the side of the government getting the heck out of my life altogether. For some reason "conservatives" like for the government to legislate morality in some arenas...that has always been comical to me too.

See this reply in the discussion

80 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    See? Nothing (unless you want to call Jason's reply the dreaded "I know you are, but what am I?" maneuver http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs4Gj7JsET4&feature=related )

    Where's that thread Jason?

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    16y

    JScott- I really don't post to win. I want the country and my future generations to win, and that isn't happening currently, imo. Good debates foster thinking and responding. I like that. Rich

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Rich Weese:
    I want the country and my future generations to win, and that isn't happening currently, imo.


    Give it 2 months Rich. A lot of people just got very stupid temporarily. The system auto-correct well.
  • Real Estate Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2009 · 216 posts · 112 votes
    16y

    After reading this whole thread, the one thing I think I can say to add to this is that just because something is well footnoted does not make it fact. I am sure that whatever the topic, I could author something completely opposite of what Beck said and footnote the crap out of it with sources that support my views. I used to do that quite frequently in college, just for the fun of it.

  • Flipper · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 973 posts · 679 votes
    16y

    Just my opinion, but I'd wager that far more people voted for Obama just BECAUSE he was black than voted against him for the same reason.

    Which to me, is just as racist.

  • Bellevue, WA · Member since 2008 · 156 posts · 57 votes
    16y

    Tom, you need to get some fresh air sometime. In order;

    1. We need to stop the "if you vote against Obama, you're a racist" crap. That sort of ad hominem attack stifles debate and is probably the 21st Century equivalent of Godwin's Law.

    2. The whole "Tea Baggers spit on out brave Congressmen" thing had been proven false - even the Congressmen involved have backed away from it. They went looking for a fight, then had to make one up when they couldn't find it.

    3. "Fat pig drug addict?" Again, ad hominem attacks simply show the weakness of your basic arguement.

    As a Libertarian, I generally wish a pox on both their houses. I can still see, however, that attacking the people won't solve the problems. I hope you can see past your anger to agree with that.

  • Flipper · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 973 posts · 679 votes
    16y

    I thought every race in Hawai'i was a minority.

    :-P

  • Real Estate Investor · MD · Member since 2010 · 124 posts · 84 votes
    16y

    Tom aside from you, who is playing the race card? Yes, this country was founded off of racists, are you ashamed of the truth? You brought it up and I don't understand why. Your post indicates you agree that tea party members are racist, so I must ask, what is the point of your post?

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    16y
    Originally posted by mdlandlord:
    Tom aside from you, who is playing the race card? Yes, this country was founded off of racists, are you ashamed of the truth? You brought it up and I don't understand why. Your post indicates you agree that tea party members are racist, so I must ask, what is the point of your post?


    For some reason, Tom does this completely off-topic, nonsensical, faux-witty sarcastic thing in pretty much every political thread (seriously, go look through pretty much any political thread and you'll notice it).

    I don't if he just feels the need to try to be accepted by the group, or perhaps he wants to contribute but doesn't have the ability to do so in a constructive way, or perhaps he really believes he's being funny/witty, but this kind of post from will show up in most every political thread at some point.

    You'll also notice that pretty much every one of his remarks is completely ignored by the forum...
  • Mark UpdegraffBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Rochester, NY · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 690 votes
    16y

    all yall's banter is too fun to ignore!

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    16y

    Where's a bag of popcorn when you need one?!

  • Real Estate Investor · MD · Member since 2010 · 124 posts · 84 votes
    16y

    Tom are you implying you are brilliant in the political arena? Because last I heard anyone that listens to Beck or Gingrich is a far right loon. I bet you also think Obama is a muslim right? I have watched Bill O Reilly before and I can't take it. The propaganda stuff is crazy. Every day he warns against how dangerous Mexico is, give me a break.

  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y
    Originally posted by mdlandlord:
    Because last I heard anyone that listens to Beck or Gingrich is a far right loon. I bet you also think Obama is a muslim right? I have watched Bill O Reilly before and I can't take it. The propaganda stuff is crazy. Every day he warns against how dangerous Mexico is, give me a break.

    Last I heard, anyone who voted for Obama is a far left loon. Obama's religious belief is of no consequence. I have watched Keith Olberman and I can't take it. The man love for Obama is just wrong. Mexico has a HIGHER murder rate than New York, Chicago or Los Angeles. I would call that dangerous.

    Not only is it Open Liberal Season, it is Open RINO Season. No more of this mushy, middle, moderate, pansy stuff. We are going to get this country back on track, one candidate at a time.

    SMALLER GOVERNMENT
    LOWER INCOME TAXES (OR ELIMINATE IT)
    ALL MEN(AND WOMEN) ARE CREATED EQUAL
    UNALIENABLE RIGHTS-LIFE, LIBERTY AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
    STRONG MILITARY
    SOVEREIGN BORDERS
    PERSONAL REPSONSIBILITY
    PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY
    TORT REFORM
    DOMESTIC ENERGY DRILLING
    NO CAPITAL GAINS TAX
    NO ESTATE TAX

    America needs to return to it's role as the "light on a hill." The Dream place to live for every human on earth!

  • Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    16y

    Loons won again last night. As I've said before, this is great fun watching the establishment run for cover. 45 days to go. Rich

  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    Rich

    This upcoming election is NOT about Democrat vs. Republican, it is about "WE THE PEOPLE" vs. "WASHINGTON" Christine O'Donnell is going to 'cross the Delaware' to bring Washington back to the people. Joe Miller is going to change Alaska's motto from "North to the Future" to "East to the Future." Sharron Angle is going to show Harry Reid why Nevada is the Silver State by giving him the Silver Medal (for second place.) Virginia is going to send Dr. Rand Paul to heal what ails Americans, Washington. And I could go on about so many other states! I would love to see Boxer and Pelosi booking Valentine's Day cruises to Alaska!

  • Real Estate Investor · Elkhorn, WI · Member since 2008 · 453 posts · 104 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by mdlandlord:
    Tom are you implying you are brilliant in the political arena? Because last I heard anyone that listens to Beck or Gingrich is a far right loon. I bet you also think Obama is a muslim right? I have watched Bill O Reilly before and I can't take it. The propaganda stuff is crazy. Every day he warns against how dangerous Mexico is, give me a break.


    This proves Tom's point. You have been programmed by the left fringe media. Whenever they are afraid of anyone, the left just says they're stupid or crazy (similar to several people on this forum). This is a very old attorney tactic that is still being used today. The problem is that it works, or at least did work until recently. Barry Obama (former coke head and current smoker) said he was going to bring change....I don't think anyone realized why he was correct in saying so.

    In regards to Beck, for not being a journalist...he's done more journalism this year than the entire left leaning media could do in 20 years. His investigations of Van Jones and some other czars was absolutely brilliant. However he starts to lose people when he claims there has been a plan in place since Woodrow Wilson to overtake the government.

    Either way, he drives the left crazy, which is funny because they fail to see the craziness of not only their own opinion shows, but the media in general.

    Back to getting my crazy right wing govenor elected. Maybe HE won't spend $50 million on trains that nobody wants or will ride.

  • Bellevue, WA · Member since 2008 · 156 posts · 57 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Tom Cullen:

    I tell you aren't familiar with my brand of sarcasm.

    Mea culpa. Unfortunately, I've heard far too many people say exactly the same things with a straight face.

  • Attorney · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y
    Originally posted by mdlandlord:
    I bet you also think Obama is a muslim right?


    I wonder where he got that idea?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMUgNg7aD8M

  • Real Estate Investor · Elkhorn, WI · Member since 2008 · 453 posts · 104 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by mdlandlord:
    Tom aside from you, who is playing the race card? Yes, this country was founded off of racists, are you ashamed of the truth? You brought it up and I don't understand why. Your post indicates you agree that tea party members are racist, so I must ask, what is the point of your post?


    Where did you hear this from? LOL
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.