• Caldwell NJ
Votes |
Introduction to NJ Biggerpockets

Ryan Stark
  • Accountant
  • Caldwell NJ
Posted Jul 5 2018, 05:22

Good morning everyone,

I'm new to bigger pockets but not entirely new to real estate investing although in the past year or so I've become a lot more interested and serious about it. I'm a 34 year old financial analyst from a very large corporation so i'm incredibility comfortable with numbers, analysis, and 95% of general accounting (I still use a CPA for my own real estate properties, but that's mostly to have an expert who's up to date on all the laws go over my numbers). So far I've complete a medium level rehab on a dilapidated property (Middletown) that's been in my family since the 1950s/1960s  which is currently a rental property I manage for my mother, done a moderate amount of repairs on her house (Middletown), and purchased my own fixer upper (4 unit house-hack in Caldwell) where I've done a full rehab on one unit and medium to light work on the other units. I've done most of the work on all the properties myself, but am now trying to move away from that since my job has become much more demanding and my time much more limited.

I'm looking forward to contributing to the forums where I can, although I'll be the first to admit that the way I've done things in the past probably haven't been the most efficient way to go about investing.

Loading replies...