Ohio Investors

Most Popular Reply

Gordon CuffePro Member
Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
11y

I just started looking into the Toledo OH area. I am finding good deals at 40k and under where the house is in  a good school district. I can send you exact examples if you ever want to see them.

See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/RE Broker · Eugene, OR · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 968 votes
    11y

    @Miles Presha Hi and welcome to BP!  There is a lot of info on investing in the midwest and Ohio.  Be sure to set-up your keyword alerts and use the search function as well to find what you are looking for.  In the midwest, I personally favor Indianapolis and Kansas City.  

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    11y

    @Miles Presha 

    welcome to the site.

    I cannot speak to the entire state of Ohio but if you are looking into the Cleveland market I think you will find this blog helpful.

    Cleveland neighborhood grades

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2012 · 771 posts · 252 votes
    11y

    @Miles Presha 

    If you want detailed information about City of Cleveland east side neighborhoods I'd be happy to discuss that with you.

  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 8 votes
    11y
    I am a realtor in Cincinnati if you like I would be happy to set you up on a MLS search.
  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 27 votes
    11y

    Thanks for the feedback, guys!  I'll connect with each of you soon. Looking fwd to it and hopefully doing some business in Ohio!

  • Isaac RowePro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2014 · 214 posts · 86 votes
    11y

    Welcome to BP!  The best resource online for RE investing.  I am happy to share connections in the Cleveland area if your looking for information about the area.  

  • Gordon CuffePro Member
    Investor · Roseville, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 583 votes
    11y

    I just started looking into the Toledo OH area. I am finding good deals at 40k and under where the house is in  a good school district. I can send you exact examples if you ever want to see them.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 27 votes
    11y

    Awesome.  Thank you. Wondering if anyone does deals in Columbus?

  • Specialist · Sibley, LA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 190 votes
    11y

    @Miles Presha If there are people there then it's a good place to invest. 

  • Investor · Westerville, OH · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    I just started. I'm in Columbus. I think that it depends on what you're looking for. The biggest issue that I'm finding was mentioned in an earlier post. Columbus schools are... less than average.  So finding a decent deal that you can predict the exit strategy, whether that be wholesale, rental or flip, is, in my low experienced opinion, difficult. But hopefully once the weather breaks things will improve.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2014 · 340 posts · 111 votes
    11y

    @Miles Presha I invest (and live) in Columbus. How can I help? Do you have any specific questions I could answer?

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 27 votes
    11y

    Richelle - I'll email you. 

  • John HornerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Miles Presha:

    Awesome.  Thank you. Wondering if anyone does deals in Columbus?

     I am very active in the Columbus market, what kind of info are you looking for?

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 27 votes
    11y

    Hi john , I'll shoot you an email later today. Thanks for getting back. 

  • Real Estate Attorney, Broker, Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2013 · 207 posts · 58 votes
    11y

    Miles,

    The Indianapolis market is one of the hottest markets right now in the Midwest. You can buy more for your money here. I work with and represent a lot of out-of-state investors in the market.

    If you have an interest, let me know how I can help.

    Happy Investing!

  • Engelo RumoraBusiness Member
    Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Miles Presha:

    Does anyone invest in Ohio or the midwest?  I am thinking about branching off into those areas.  Good market?  Would love your thoughts...

    Yes and Yes Miles :)

    We feel like kids in a candy store here in Ohio lol

    The"high" unemployment and "declining" population are keeping the hedge funds along with mum and dad investors on the sidelines. We hope it stays this way for at least another 3 more years haha

    Thanks and have a great day.

  • Brandon SturgillBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Miles Presha Welcome, and good luck...looks like a lot of positive feedback already. Let me know if you are interested in the Dayton metro area...I can get you on an MLS feed...I am looking at a couple medium multifamily properties to rehab right now. Let me know if you want to see some numbers on the last couple of deals I have done to get an idea of what is possible.

    Cheers

    Realize Multifamily Group11 Review
    View Page
  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2010 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    I know a very active, very experienced investor in the Columbus area.  If you want me to put the two of you in touch, let me know. 

  • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Miles Presha:

    Does anyone invest in Ohio or the midwest?  I am thinking about branching off into those areas.  Good market?  Would love your thoughts...

     Hello Miles. I am a Ohio resident and wholesaler. I also have access to off market turnkey rental properties in Kansas City, Indiana, and Michigan. Lets connect. I would love to assist you in your midwest endeavors.

  • Investor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    I am a local investor and realtor that lives in South Dayton Ohio and am familiar with the Greater Dayton and Northern Cincinnati Areas.  If you need anything reach out to connect.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2015 · 451 posts · 313 votes
    10y

    Welcome to BP @Miles Presha! I work primarily in the Northeast Ohio area which is a great market on its own. Feel free to connect with me if you are interested in Cleveland for example. Best of luck to you, Kathleen 

  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 390 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Miles Presha:

    Does anyone invest in Ohio or the midwest?  I am thinking about branching off into those areas.  Good market?  Would love your thoughts...

     Hi Miles! WELCOME!

    Yes, I work in NorthEast Ohio, have been for many years, work with clients all over the globe seeking Turnkey investments. Specialty is SFR and Multi, we have been in NE Ohio for 8+ years, buy & hold, not so much fix & flip these days ...... We have an amazing market place, certainly ample room to make very good $$$$$.

    Welcome to Ohio!

  • Real Estate Broker and Attorney · Durham, NC · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 73 votes
    10y

    Ohio, mainly Greater Cleveland, is a great place to invest. Message me and I can recommend some good investments/strategy if you like. In my own opinion it is always best to invest near home. However, seeing that you are from CA (I am originally from the Bay Area), it can be very expensive and not so profitable to invest out there. Sometimes, you can rely on appreciation in CA (highly location dependent), but appreciation is never a certain endeavor, especially when prices are already so inflated! Ohio mixes the best of both worlds - you can find great prices with room for appreciation, and a steady flow of income. Best of luck!

    Nada

  • Southern California · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    Ohio seems to offer some great prices on real estate. What's the reason the that housing prices are so low compared to other areas?

  • Investor · Cleveland , OH · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Charles Craggett:
    Originally posted by @Miles Presha:

    Does anyone invest in Ohio or the midwest?  I am thinking about branching off into those areas.  Good market?  Would love your thoughts...

     Hello Miles. I am a Ohio resident and wholesaler. I also have access to off market turnkey rental properties in Kansas City, Indiana, and Michigan. Lets connect. I would love to assist you in your midwest endeavors.

     Hi Charles. I see you are an Ohio resident and wholesaler in Ohio. I am also an Ohio resident and looking to start investing in Cleveland area. How have you been able to move around the wholesale laws here?  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.