• Investor
  • Puyallup, WA
Votes |
Adu's Accessory dwelling unit

Dan Leaman
  • Investor
  • Puyallup, WA
Posted Feb 21 2019, 09:50

Good morning investors, contractors, homeowners, banks, and code enforcement persons. I have a question regarding adu's  about what can and cannot be done in Washington state? I know there are limitations and certain zoning/lot size requirements that have to be met. Anyone have experience with adding a detached prefabbed or stick framed built home to use as a rental or adu. This is specific to a larger (.5 acre) lot in Tacoma/parkland/midland area. Lot is on septic so I understand there may be some additional septic work. The one rule I am trying to figure out is the restriction on owner occupancy. The idea behind allowing for an ADU is to alleviate the rising cost of housing and or to offset the expense of health care for aging population. I get that and I think it's a great Idea..... I am trying to add value to my rental by adding another dwelling on my lot...... It can certainly handle the addition. Interested to find out if anyone else in the tacoma midland parkland area has done this and with what success or lack there of. I am doing the numbers as best i can to see if this will work well for the immediate and future value of my property. As always thank you in advance.

Loading replies...