BETTER than buying a high equity or absentee list

BETTER than buying a high equity or absentee list

Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 74 votes
I have been wholesaling for about a year in Burlington, North Carolina. Soon looking at invention in other states like Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Ohio and Florida. Some of my fellow investors and members on my team that I meet with every week, buy list off of lists source and listability etc.. I have heard there conversion rates and complain about duplicates and how non accurate the list are. So I decided to do something different. I mapped out the city and I plan on doing this for multiple cities. And I went to the tax assessor, just type in the street name not any house number and went through one by one. Looking for house purchased after 1995 and looking for absentee owners/tax delinquent and I have found A LOT. I'm mailing out over 500 letters just off about 40 streets in the city. I'll be letting you all know he conversion rate from my direct mail. DON'T BE AFRAID DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. It may be a little bit time consuming but I'm getting more serious inquiries. Try new things and lead a trend. Wonder if anyone has tried this before if so what are your numbers?
11Reply
108 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
10y

The best lists are the ones you build yourself. Sounds like you're figuring that out.

See this reply in the discussion

46 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 74 votes
    10y
    Mailing out a 100 piece list today everyone. All comprised of absentee owners. I am about 5% down with the city streets and I hope to get a 15%-20% conversion rate with this process. I will keep you all posted on weeks end
  • Pawleys Island, SC · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    10y
    Hi Jalen Carethers, sounds great. My wife used to do that for her buyers when she worked real estate back in Myrtle Beach and Florida years ago. I'm looking forward to hear what your results are. Hopefully awesome!
  • Jonesville, NC · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Thanks for sharing

  • Browns Summit, NC · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Hello to all..

    @Jalen, since Friday, I have been doing something similar for Guilford county. Still filtering a list of 5k+ deed date 2009. When I realized that it could be done I wished I could get my money back from the list I bought 3 months ago. the list I bought bombed out, was mostly land and the owners were not interested in selling. I hope the conversion rate with the list I filter works out. Do keep us posted.

  • Browns Summit, NC · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    How in the world do you delete your own posts???

  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 74 votes
    10y
    Roger Stewart thank you for that success story. I will keep you posted
  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 74 votes
    10y
    Kary Gould thank you for sharing that. Will keep you posted
  • Engineer/Real Estate Investor · Renton, WA · Member since 2015 · 368 posts · 120 votes
    10y

    @Jalen Carethers

    Following this thread, please keep us updated on the results. Do you use a CRM to track your contact with potential sellers? How do you measure the source of your leads? 


    Or will you just cross reference the names contacting you from the list you generated yourself? 

  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 74 votes
    10y
    Pete Perez thank you. Will post results by weeks end. And I'm keeping it basic. Definitely more work but I'm using a standard spreadsheet and cross referencing the individuals who contact me within a 10 day period
  • Jonesville, NC · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Jalen, thanks for the info...I just took a quick peek at my Jonesville, NC residential neighborhood and found a bunch within 3 blocks!  What kind of marketing are you using?  I'm new to the game and am trying to figure out how best to construct the letters/mailings.  Any tips?

  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 74 votes
    10y
    Dawn White I use direct mail. Look up the address on the county tax assessors and find the mailing address of the owner and write them a hand written letter
  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 74 votes
    10y
    UPDATE: I have received 12 calls from my 100 price mailing list that took me two days to do. 2 calls we have appointments to look at their properties but will be making an offer The other 10 are still in the works. Will continue to keep you guys posted!
  • Realtor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 27 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Hard work is always rewarded. Thanks for the tips and good luck!

  • Real Estate Investor · Abington, MA · Member since 2011 · 356 posts · 114 votes
    10y

    @Jalen Carethers  let us know how you make out with your offers and the follow up on the other calls.  

  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 74 votes
    10y
    Derek Montes thank you sir Paul Sorgi we keep posting in this forum to update everyone. Have an appointment set for 3 property 4 units in Graham NC right now
  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 74 votes
    10y
    Have really been working with my new equity and absentee list I started by using the tax assessor. I am doing wholesaling in Alamance County, North Carolina. Looking at cherry picking a great SF and adding to my rental portfolio off this 100 piece mailing list and wholesaling a duplex for a WHOPPING 10,000! Wow, diligence and hard work are paying off. It is possible to get your own leads by driving for dollars and using your local tax assessor!
  • Mebane, NC · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    10y

    Jalen, may I have your contact info?

  • Greensboro, NC · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 74 votes
    8y

    For those still following this forum here is a update, 2 years later building my own absentee has been a HUGE success. 55% contact rate, without spending a dime on marketing or purchasing list from outside sources. Have been able to help over 60+ wholesalers build their own absentee list and help close deals from streets and places not accessible to drive but easily accessible from using maps and tax assessors. All in all build your own list, feel free to ask any questions 

  • Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2016 · 34 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Good info thanks for sharing 

  • Hurst, TX · Member since 2018 · 169 posts · 8 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jalen Carethers:

    For those still following this forum here is a update, 2 years later building my own absentee has been a HUGE success. 55% contact rate, without spending a dime on marketing or purchasing list from outside sources. Have been able to help over 60+ wholesalers build their own absentee list and help close deals from streets and places not accessible to drive but easily accessible from using maps and tax assessors. All in all build your own list, feel free to ask any questions 

     I need your help. The system sounds great how can I implement it in Ft Worth, Tx? Trying to get my first deal.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.