BETTER than buying a high equity or absentee list

BETTER than buying a high equity or absentee list

Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
I have been wholesaling for about a year in Burlington, North Carolina. Soon looking at invention in other states like Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Ohio and Florida. Some of my fellow investors and members on my team that I meet with every week, buy list off of lists source and listability etc.. I have heard there conversion rates and complain about duplicates and how non accurate the list are. So I decided to do something different. I mapped out the city and I plan on doing this for multiple cities. And I went to the tax assessor, just type in the street name not any house number and went through one by one. Looking for house purchased after 1995 and looking for absentee owners/tax delinquent and I have found A LOT. I'm mailing out over 500 letters just off about 40 streets in the city. I'll be letting you all know he conversion rate from my direct mail. DON'T BE AFRAID DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. It may be a little bit time consuming but I'm getting more serious inquiries. Try new things and lead a trend. Wonder if anyone has tried this before if so what are your numbers?
11Reply
111 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor 路 Riverside, CA 路 Member since 2011 路 2k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
10y

The best lists are the ones you build yourself. Sounds like you're figuring that out.

See this reply in the discussion

46 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    Thank you for taking the time to read this and post your thoughts!
  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Atlanta, GA 路 Member since 2009 路 352 posts 路 25 votes
    10y

    Sounds like a good strategy Jalen. Keep me posted what you pick up in GA. I'm always looking for great deals馃槅

  • Investor 路 Columbia, SC 路 Member since 2008 路 53 posts 路 21 votes
    10y

    Good to do your own research when you have the time. I like Listsource since it can pull a list based on data I choose, vs. buying a list from someone. Also have gone to courthouse to research pre-foreclosures (been a while though) and have gotten tax delinquent lists from agents. Is always good to know your own market anyway! Hope it goes well for you.

  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    Ron Garner I will. Thanks
  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    Jo Amick that sounds good. What's your success rate with list source or buying the list?
  • Troy GandeeBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker 路 Charleston, SC 路 Member since 2013 路 794 posts 路 454 votes
    10y

    That's interesting. Let us know how it goes!

    This may be a new strategy for you @Russ Scheider

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Mount Pleasant, SC 路 Member since 2013 路 547 posts 路 235 votes
    10y

    @Jalen Carethers following this thread. Please keep us updated. 

  • Investor 路 Columbia, SC 路 Member since 2008 路 53 posts 路 21 votes
    10y

    I have had good response with Listsource, and have used other people's lists with little or no response. I like Listsource because I control what is pulled and know it's what I was looking for.

  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    Troy Gandee Russ Scheider will do. Will be having a update by weeks end
  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    Jo Amick what criteria do you usually target?
  • Investor 路 Columbia, SC 路 Member since 2008 路 53 posts 路 21 votes
    10y

    Absentee owner, bought 10+ years ago, properties built after 1950 or so

  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    Jo Amick ok I will look into listsource. Can you keep me posted on your results?
  • Internal Medicine Physician 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2016 路 44 posts 路 25 votes
    10y

    Awesome work. How much time did it take you to make your own lists? 

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Bothell, WA 路 Member since 2016 路 27 posts 路 2 votes
    10y

    I would be interested to Jalen. There are so many lists out there to be purchased. Up in the Greater Seattle area. The market is white hot. We are way past pre 2007 prices now. There is starting to be a massive sell off of homes. I recently was re-leasing a property of mine. I had a wave of desperate people that have been given notice to vacate. 

    The Trick is motivated sellers. Either over leveraged. or the house is a basket case and needs 50k of work. Have you tried 30,60,90 day late lists?

  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    Jay Johal I have been thumbing through for about two days now. And I have a list at 197 and that's just about a quarter of the area, in excited to expand this concept and see my conversion rate.
  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    Chuck Gerchow are you talking about 30,60,90 day late on mortgage or tax delinquent?
  • Real Estate Agent 路 Bothell, WA 路 Member since 2016 路 27 posts 路 2 votes
    10y

    Sorry on Mortgage lates.

  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    Chuck Gerchow got you. I have thought about it. I'm just trying to develop my own system. But I could reach out to a few people and see how to get that information. I know I can't see that in the tax assessors
  • Real Estate Agent 路 Bothell, WA 路 Member since 2016 路 27 posts 路 2 votes
    10y

    Jalen,

    Every market is different. in the Seattle area. It is super hot. Tons of investors marketing to homes going to auction. My mail piece may be included in 20-50 marketing pieces the delinquent home owner is receiving. Mortgage late lists are a more exclusive club. They can run several hundred dollars to get the info. Skip tracing can be another avenue. Where owner just takes off with no forwarding.

  • Investor 路 Twinsburg, OH 路 Member since 2014 路 111 posts 路 41 votes
    10y
    Sounds like a great idea, Jalen Carethers I'll be tuning in to read about your results. Good luck, man!
  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    David Cowan thanks will keep you posted. Will have some results by weeks end
  • Washington, DC 路 Member since 2016 路 94 posts 路 43 votes
    10y

    Go for it Jalen! Have a prosperous week enjoying what you do.

    Learn, Apply, Produce!

  • Investor 路 Riverside, CA 路 Member since 2011 路 2k+ posts 路 3k+ votes
    10y

    The best lists are the ones you build yourself. Sounds like you're figuring that out.

  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    Lisa Bryant thank you. I'll text you sometime this week
  • Greensboro, NC 路 Member since 2015 路 125 posts 路 74 votes
    10y
    Aaron Mazzrillo thanks. Have you done it yet?
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.