Need help w/ my "I Buy Castles" Plan

Need help w/ my "I Buy Castles" Plan

Will BarnardPro Member
Moderator
Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes

I am in need of some help from my fellow BP members.
I am structuring my marketing materials for my new strategy of buying Castles to rehab flip as well as wholesale.

Should I state in my marketing materials that I buy castles only with draw bridges or should I keep my options open to buying all different types of castles, including those with King and Queen occupants?

Please help Chris Weiler / James Vermillion / Jake Kucheck / Jon K. / J Scott /

^
\------- Grabbing my popcorn bag from micro . . . .

4Reply
83 views

Most Popular Reply

Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
14y

No offense gents but I know you are new to the castle acquisition process, but not to worry, my course will be out shortly: "Being King: How to Own More Castles Than The British Royal Family". The key to making smart castle investments is knowing your rehab costs Will...I mean I can walk through a castle and estimate the cost of flaming arrow removal, 1600s exterior wall repair, and moat excavation down to the 1/8 ounce of diamond...can you? If not, you are not ready for the royal mistake (pun intended) that you are about to make. But that can change, because for just $26,199 I will mentor you through the whole process and only ask that you pay me 40% percent of your future profits...what a deal! And if I think you a good enough I may let you join my company's board aka the roundtable! So what ate you waiting for? Get out there, strap on you armour, get on your horse and ride with me to prosperity! We can even host weddings at these places...booyah!

As far as tenants go be very careful...eviction costs can very expensive and Old English Law can be very complex.

See this reply in the discussion

57 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Need link to original thread, Will. You know, for creative inspiration.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    That thread is locked bud, besides, you pros are creative enough on your own!!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    14y
  • Investor · Kennesaw, GA · Member since 2010 · 158 posts · 61 votes
    14y

    1. Price to be dependent on size of moat.
    2. All moat creatures to remain with moat.
    3. Knight suits are encouraged to have someone hiding in them, but we will consider vacant suits!!!
    4. We love dragons! $1000 bonus for fire breathing breeds!
    5. Castle walls not up to code? No problem! We will pay to have all walls built to current standards of 125 ft.

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    No offense gents but I know you are new to the castle acquisition process, but not to worry, my course will be out shortly: "Being King: How to Own More Castles Than The British Royal Family". The key to making smart castle investments is knowing your rehab costs Will...I mean I can walk through a castle and estimate the cost of flaming arrow removal, 1600s exterior wall repair, and moat excavation down to the 1/8 ounce of diamond...can you? If not, you are not ready for the royal mistake (pun intended) that you are about to make. But that can change, because for just $26,199 I will mentor you through the whole process and only ask that you pay me 40% percent of your future profits...what a deal! And if I think you a good enough I may let you join my company's board aka the roundtable! So what ate you waiting for? Get out there, strap on you armour, get on your horse and ride with me to prosperity! We can even host weddings at these places...booyah!

    As far as tenants go be very careful...eviction costs can very expensive and Old English Law can be very complex.

  • Real Estate Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2011 · 422 posts · 149 votes
    14y

    Price may not exceed FHA's "Jumbo Castle Loan Guidelines"

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    My stomach hurts from laughing so hard James, that was classic, and I mean classic!!

    Shame on Josh, I need to be able to vote for your post 10 times, not just once!

    You are killing me bud, that was better than the ride from the airport!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Damn, I spilled my popcorn in my beer mug excavated from a 1642 Scottish castle.

  • J ScottPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 18k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    14y

    Will,

    Are you offering 50% equity to anyone who can provide you the funds to do the pre-purchase inspection?

    And just to verify -- you did buy this castle on eBay, correct? All the best castles are sold on eBay these days.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Costa Mesa, CA · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 380 votes
    14y

    Will Barnard must have a monopoly on the population of asset managers who have to dispose of all the foreclosed castles around the country. Pretty tremendous contacts you've got there!

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    14y

    If it comes with its own dragon and damsel in distress it might be worth pursuing.

    Also it's an added bonus if it comes with Merlin and Excalibur.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    J Scott - Unfortunately, due to my experience of previous flipping and all the millions I have made, I can only offer you 40% split on that, can you lend me $50k for the EMD, I am a bit short of cash right now as I have spent all my millions on decorating my other castles, plus I added some new windows too.

    Jake Kucheck - While I do have a leg up on everyone else for my asset managers on castles, I am trying to get other motivated castle seller leads and need some help on those marketing materials.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by James Hiddle:
    If it comes with its own dragon and damsel in distress it might be worth pursuing.
    I pay extra for those contaning damsels in distress, particularly those that are hot! They are far more profitable than those with moats.
  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    14y

    Labor costs for rehab will be very simple.

    "BACK TO WORK YOU DIRTY PEASANTS!!!"

  • Property Manager · Dublin, OH · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 291 votes
    14y

    Can I post here?

    I will try it. Anytime if I hear "castle" in the US I must laugh but now I found the right one for you Will. Here is your new flip castle, sits in Germany for only 390k Euro you will be the owner with small lake nearby.

    If you want it there is no problem to set the shipping to the US seller said. Let me see ... hmmm only $25 million will be the freight include the lake water.

    If you take it there will be a present a young and nice damsel is included in price. Let me know if you interested.

    -Uwe

  • Real Estate Investor · Salem, OR · Member since 2011 · 422 posts · 149 votes
    14y

    Wait.... feudal serf's come with.... that's going to add value. Low cost labor is going to have to be calculated into the rehab costs, but also added to the NOI.

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2011 · 252 posts · 56 votes
    14y

    I am currently in the market for a castle but I require Court Jesters as well as a jousting arena. That old thread was flat hilarious.

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Uwe S. - Where do I sign? I am ready to buy that one
    Does the lake come shipped to incude the loch ness as well?

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Will Barnard:
    I am in need of some help from my fellow BP members.
    I am structuring my marketing materials for my new strategy of buying Castles to rehab flip as well as wholesale.

    Should I state in my marketing materials that I buy castles only with draw bridges or should I keep my options open to buying all different types of castles, including those with King and Queen occupants?

    Okay Will, here is my super secret, magic bullet, never fail marketing piece. You've heard of the yellow letter I'm sure, but this will even blow away Michael Quarels best piece. I call it the the Golden letter, good for going after any castle, anywhere, in any condition.

    Dear «Lord or Lady»,«Fiefdom»

    I’m new to this area, and I’ve always wanted to buy a castle. Have you ever considered selling «castle_Address»? Let’s parley about it!

    Please take a few minutes and give me a call. Leave a quick message with your name, number, and any fortified property address you’re able to sell. That way I can look up a few records and be ready when I call. To be honest, there are a few others I’m interested in., so call quick and get your offer now.

    When it all works out right, I can close pretty fast, and I don't mean the drawbridge.

    Thanks Sir «Feifdom» looking forward to it.

    God Bless the «Reigning Sovereign»

    HMMMMM Doesn't look quite so golden here...Maybe 'cuz it's not in my genuine imitation handwriting font. But feel free to use it!!

  • Investor · Round Rock, TX · Member since 2010 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Jeffrey's comment about it not being a jumbo loan for the castle was still the most classic. I chuckle reading it again.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 928 votes
    14y

    Can someone enlighten the BP community to the "obviously an inside joke"? It looks like you are bashing another BP member?

  • Property Manager · Dublin, OH · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 291 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Will Barnard:
    Uwe S. - Where do I sign? I am ready to buy that one
    Does the lake come shipped to incude the loch ness as well?

    Will, I will prepare the docs. But this lake is not located in Scotland, so there is no Nessie or other dragons in the water, maybe a shrew.

    -Uwe

  • Real Estate Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2011 · 252 posts · 56 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Justin S.:
    Can someone enlighten the BP community to the "obviously an inside joke"? It looks like you are bashing another BP member?

    earlier in the thread someone posted a link to the original thread...its a must read. Dude is a legend round these parts.

  • Altus, OK · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 690 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Uwe S.:
    Originally posted by Will Barnard:
    Uwe S. - Where do I sign? I am ready to buy that one
    Does the lake come shipped to incude the loch ness as well?

    Will, I will prepare the docs. But this lake is not located in Scotland, so there is no Nessie or other dragons in the water, maybe a shrew.

    -Uwe

    What about the Lady In The Lake? I'll have a piece of that pie if she's in it :)

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    OP
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    14y

    Justin S. - I know you read the other thread as you responded in it. This is not a bash on a person, just the comedy of the thread being continued. We work hard and as such, playing hard is a nice relief.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.