• Rental Property Investor
  • South shore, MA
Votes |
Taking time to rest?

Brian Ellis
  • Rental Property Investor
  • South shore, MA
Posted Jul 5 2018, 08:25
Good morning everyone, I’ve spent the better half of the last year busting my tail to gut and rehab my single family home (first home purchase). I did this while working for a demanding family business, and gaining more responsibility there as well. By the time the house was comfortable to live in, i was spent. I feel like I’m still trying to recover! It’s been about 4 months now where I haven’t been going at it every day. I pluck away here and there on weekends with what needs to be done, but I have also spent a lot of time working on my next deal. I’m set to close on a duplex next month (utilizing my homes equity). In today’s world, everything is go go go. It seems like there is more talk about staying up late, and waking up early. Which I’ve done, but where does rest come in? I eat well, I don’t party, I work on my mental health, I go to the gym a few times a week during lunch, etc. But I still feel guilty taking a Saturday and going to the beach. Have any of you successful investors taken time to just relax during your process?

Loading replies...