• Rental Property Investor
  • Oceanside, CA
Votes |
I am seriously LOST!

Christopher Lane
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oceanside, CA
Posted Dec 28 2018, 07:19

Hey team, so this is a super personal post.  Read at your own risk lol.

I grew up in a family that had 2 - 4plexes and 3 triplexes. I grew up collecting rents with my dad, and working on the houses and mowing the lawns.  My parents got divorced and now my mom has a house, and my dad has 3. somewhat relevant but not really.

The big issue for me is my wife.  

"I dont see why you dont think you need a job.

I dont think its smart to waste our money on something risky

I dont know why youre so obsessed with this

I dont know why youre chasing $400 a month from such a headache

I dont know how you think this is smart

You got fired from your sales job because you couldnt sell and never made money there

Remember when you invested in bitcoin? howd that end? (I ended up doubling my money, but only after being 9x if i sold at the bubble)

You need to be thankful for what you have

Why cant you just be normal

God gave you what he gave you for a reason"

I tell her I grew up in this arena and I've done literally years of research, with my dad and on my own. I've listened to every BP podcast, every Grant Cardone youtube video, read over 20 books, all on real estate and personal finances.

I'm devastated that she says these things to me and I have no idea how to get her to see that this isn't something that's a half-a$$ed idea.  Shes a Trauma nurse in SoCal and makes over 100k but ha NO goal of ever doing any better in life than what we make now. and TBH my relationship is really struggling now, not because we don't have money, but because we have differing opinions on what to do with what we have.  

What do I do?   A divorce is never an option.

Loading replies...