Whats The Best Book Youve Recently Read???

177 Replies

@Jeffrey Douglas

Mastery by Robert Greene and I just ordered If You Can't Wholesale After This: I've Got Nothing For You.... by Todd M Fleming

Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book

by Joe Fairless and Theo Hicks

This is the best book that I have read in years. They truly lay it all out in this book. Most RE books do not have any details because the author does not have them or they are holding back for the next book. This one has all the details that you need to start your own syndication biz. If you truly want to get rich in RE then read this book because it will get you there.

Thank you so much Joe and Theo!

I have read several books this past year and for me the book that paved the road of investor insight and knowledge of seeing the big picture as well as the detailed map of how to become a real estate investor was The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller. Gary's extensive knowledge takes your from a noob investor all the way through the cycle to the end game of investing and why we are all engaging in this industry. Great read, plan on re-reading it. 

@Frank Wong i love Zig Ziglar as well. Jim Rohn is one of my favorites too. His approach and mindset is unmatched in this modern world we live in. 

I love Dream No Little Dreams by Clayton Mathile. Great entrepreneurship story about how IAMS became what it is today.

@Jeffrey Douglas The Flipping Blueprint by Luke Weber has been one of my favorites. It breaks down the flip process from A to Z and I think anyone who is considering flipping houses should check it out.

@Jeffrey Douglas Never Split The Difference was a life/game changer for me. Negotiations at its best.

Best book I've read in a long time, maybe ever- Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins.

Finally read the E-Myth Revisited and it was great.

Long Distance Real Estate Investing - helped give me the confidence to get my first 2 out of state investments under contract this month.

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari. 

This is definitely one of the best books I've read so far. It talks about our evolution as a species and how our belief systems were created and molded our civilisation. A very hard book to put down and after reading made me more aware and probably wiser. I highly recommend reading this piece. 

@Jeffrey Douglas

Why We Want You To Be Rich

By: Robert Kiyosaki and Donald Trump

Made me see how the world has changed and how I need to change with it or get left behind.

The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference

By: Malcolm Gladwell

Reminds me that I may just need to change one little thing to cause a big change.

Easily Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss. It shares short life advice from successful people and it's both informative and inspirational.

Investment Analysis for Real Estate Decisions. It's a textbook. Very thorough. 

Originally posted by @Susan Arndt :

@Jeffrey Douglas

Made me see how the world has changed and how I need to change with it or get left behind.

Reminds me that I may just need to change one little thing to cause a big change.

Do you mean ACTUALLY written by Donald Trump?! What a joke. He probably had Tony Schwartz write it, again. Folks, are we still believing that Trump knows anything about business that is worth hearing??

Originally posted by @Jason Merchey :
Originally posted by @Susan Arndt:

@Jeffrey Douglas

Do you mean ACTUALLY written by Donald Trump?! What a joke. He probably had Tony Schwartz write it, again. Folks, are we still believing that Trump knows anything about business that is worth hearing??

What does it matter who wrote the book? 

OP asked what good books the community have read recently and she responded. The book obviously does not suit your tastes, but it could help someone else become successful. 

Degrading someone's recommendation because YOU don't like the author, for whatever personal, political, or other reasons, is not what this community is all about and could cause us to lose a valuable member.

Shared Perceptions, it is a book about raising capital

@Jeffrey Douglas I just finished listening to CashFlow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki on audiobook. It was great because it explains the different type of investors and challenges to reader or listener to take action.

With so many realestate/ business books to be read I took a break from the traditional and read one recommended by a former BP guest.

Way of the peaceful warrior

Dan Millman

I liked this book because it was a nice break from all the business and realestate books I’d been reading. It focused on being happy in the now and looking at life through a different lens and perspective.

Originally posted by @Bill F. :
Originally posted by @Jason Merchey:
Originally posted by @Susan Arndt:

@Jeffrey Douglas

What does it matter who wrote the book? 

OP asked what good books the community have read recently and she responded. The book obviously does not suit your tastes, but it could help someone else become successful. 

Degrading someone's recommendation because YOU don't like the author, for whatever personal, political, or other reasons, is not what this community is all about and could cause us to lose a valuable member.

If you were talking about someone who has a mid-range, normal, average, or good reputation and who is not a political liberal would be fine with me - Robert Kiyosaki, Gary Keller, Gary Eldred. Trump is a known con man, so why accept his book at legit?

Haven't finished reading all of this monster book yet but I'm about halfway done reading Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss. I'm an avid reader with tons of books and this one is one my favorites so far.

I really like this one because there's zero hype or fluff. Just real, practical and actionable methods, ideas and practices from a variety of people that you can put to use right away or order online and begin using within a week.

The sub-headline for this book is The Tactics, Routines, And Habits Of Billionaires, Icons And World-Class Performers. That alone should give you an idea of how powerful this book can be for you.

Maximum Achievement Brian Tracy, Really helps you realize you are stalling and need to get moving

Think and Grow Rich Napoleon Hill

Rich Dad Poor Dad

Start with why simon sinek

Never Eat Alone Keith Ferrazzi

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here