What is your favorite quote??

297 Replies

"We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.." - Warren Buffett

@Nathan Killebrew

“Fun is not what one considers when balancing the universe, but this..(chuckles)..does put a smile on my face.” -Thanos

As cheesy and childish as it may sound, I like this quote because my universe is my life and I’m bringing balance to it, by investing, eating healthy, raising my kids right etc. which does put a smile on my face. Yup I’m a Nerd.

“Tuff Times don’t last tuff people do”

@Nathan Killebrew “ Stay away from THEY, THEY don’t want to see you successful”

"Terrible ideas, don't you just love those" From the movie Under the Tuscan Sun

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

“A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but because of its persistence”

"Life's about doing something different!" - Frank Bundy (my old boyfriend ... LOL)

This quote has challenged me for the past few years since we broke up. It's pushed me to be move outside of my usual comfort zones and do something different. That doing something different has gotten me into REI! How thankful I am for Frank in so many ways. He also introduced me to my church home. I can almost kinda say that Frank was my lil gift from God 😇

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou

As a longtime lurker here, this seems fitting, feel free to swap in woman for man

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

-Teddy Roosevelt

"You don't lack resources, you lack resourcefulness." - Anthony Robbins

"There is little success where there is little laughter." - Andrew Carnegie

Keep chasing that smile!

@Nathan Killebrew   I've had this one on my whiteboard for many years:  "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago.  The second best time is now."  I don't know whom to attribute it to, and I think it's an old Chinese proverb.

After the quote I put "Retirement Planning".  This has been a conversation starter for many of my employees, many of whom were recent college grads.  And, I'm extremely proud to say that there is a good chance that I have played a small part in their future success leading to retirement.  At least, I hope that I have.

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.

I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. " - Abraham Lincoln 

"Deserves" got nothing to do with it.... Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven

There is" do", or "do not"....there is no "try".... Yoda

"Charlie don't surf!!"...... Robert Duval in Apocolypse Now

If you think like everyone else you’re going to live like everyone else.

I always liked this one:  "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." 

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

- Audrey Hepburn

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here