What is your favorite quote??

299 Replies

"The Standard that you accept is the Standard that you've just set". Army First Sergeant Reginal Manard "99" Vicenza Italy.

@Nathan Killebrew

You are a product of your own environment.

Be the change you wish to seek in this world.

Those are my two.

This is super long, but every time I hear it, it inspires me:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt

" Some of us are gifted with intelligence but all of us must earn wisdom." - Don Robers

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."

-Anais Nin

@Nathan Killebrew

Favorite quotes that come to mind is.

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t either way your right. -Henry Ford-

The mind is powerful. You can tell yourself you can do it or you tell yourself you can’t. Nobody is going to change YOUR mind. So go be great like you were designed to be.

See you at the top -zig Zigler-

A champion is not made in the ring just simply recognized there. -not sure- (prepare and develops)

For ever skill that you lack preparation will make up for it. -LW-

“You have enemies? Why, it is the story of every man who has done a great deed or created a new idea. It is the cloud which thunders around everything that shines. Fame must have enemies, as light must have gnats. Do not bother yourself about it; disdain. Keep your mind serene as you keep your life clear” - Victor Hugo

Tell the world what you plan to do by showing it - Napolean Hill

You don't get what you deserve. You get what you tolerate. - Tony Robbins in reference to raising your standards

Here is THE BEST quote i have heard over my 49 years of my life thus far, I heard it when i was a child from my grandma and was passed down from her father, my Great Grandpa. It rhymes, it's wisdom, it's visually presentable if you hold up your hand and count on your fingers as you say it, it's intriguing to say da least, it's one damn good quote. Cheers Investors!

"As you travel through life's journey, these 5 things be aware... of whom you speak, to whom you speak, how, when and where."

Much love to all B.P members,

Kel

@Nathan Killebrew

“Man’s ability to endure is only limited by his choice not to...”

-Viktor Frankl

“Good enough, isn’t”

-Alex Honold’s Mom

Great thread Nathan!

“Own nothing, control everything”

-John D. Rockefeller

“Buy when there’s blood in the streets, Even if the blood is your own”

-Baron Rothschild

"At the moment of the entire commitment, the Universe conspires to assist you" Paulo Coelho

This post has been removed.

“Never mistake activity for achievement.”

-John Wooden

"Always be thankful. Life could be worse."

I do not know the author but feel this is a powerful quote as it is applicable to every situation.

Great post!

"We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we talk"

-Epictetus

@Nathan Killebrew

"Challenge Breeds Excellence"

When I first saw this quote I was amazed because it summed up my viewpoint on life in just three words.

We are designed to adapt to new challenges and without them we can never reach our true potential in my opinion.

Great post Nathan!

@Nathan Killebrew

I have a list of favorites but many have a similar tone:

Those at the top of the mountain didn’t fall there. — Marcus Washling

The only thing standing between you and your goal is the ******** story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.- Jordan belfort

"You can't have a million-dollar dream with a minimum -wage work ethic." -- Stephen C. Hogan

You're not tired. You are uninspired.

We've got another day, so let's maximize it.

If we strive for perfection, we can achieve excellence.

All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, love, hope.  Winston Churchill

This post has been removed.

“Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.“ ~ Elbert Hubbard

Originally posted by @Nathan Killebrew :

I believe quotes are a powerful tool.  They provide a boost of quick knowledge and motivation.  I would love to hear your favorites and why they are.

"Those who aren't ready to take action, clip quotes.  Those who are ready for action, do."

I like it because it gets to the crux of the matter.  I like cool quotes, but I like doing more than reading quotes.

Like Yoda said, "Do, or do not.  There is no try."  

Just do it.  Even in failure, there is the success of lessons learned.

"Things may come to those who wait... but only the things left by those who hustle" -Abraham Lincoln

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here