What is your favorite quote??

What is your favorite quote??

Investor · Clinton, MS · Member since 2019 · 83 posts · 85 votes

I believe quotes are a powerful tool.  They provide a boost of quick knowledge and motivation.  I would love to hear your favorites and why they are.

"Don't wait for the perfect opportunity: create it." -George Benard Shaw

I love this because it symbolizes the truth that nothing is going to be given it must be earned/taken. When I read it each day, I am naturally shifted into an action taking mindset.

-Nathan

17Reply
786 views

Most Popular Reply

Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
7y

"Make as much money as you can!" -Me

See this reply in the discussion

313 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Eric HommePro Member
    Yorba Linda, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    7y

    Fortune favors the bold. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    A hand up is a way to help growth

    A hand out makes you an enabler

  • Lenox, GA · Member since 2016 · 35 posts · 73 votes
    7y

    "We were all human until race disconnected us, religion separated us, politics divided us and wealth classified us."

    Remain humble.

  • Rental Property Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    1.) Mans greatest burden is unfulfilled potential.

    2.) Plan your work, Work your plan, or plan to fail.

    Not sure who said it but they are some of my favorites.

  • Crestline, CA · Member since 2018 · 63 posts · 70 votes
    7y

    "Whatever you are not changing you are choosing."  

    - unknown (maybe Laurie Buchanan)

  • Rental Property Investor · Bangor, ME · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    “Yeah, well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

    The Dude

  • Investor · USA · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    “I quit!”

    Haven’t said this to my W2 employer yet but I live, sleep, eat, and breathe for the day I will be able to.

    My current portfolio consists of 7 SFR rentals and I'm working on acquiring as many as it takes.

  • Investor · Avilla, IN · Member since 2013 · 796 posts · 769 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    “It’s a problem you think we need to explain ourselves. Don’t.” —-Billy Beane from Moneyball

  • Investor · Dallas, GA · Member since 2016 · 59 posts · 57 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    There are a few I’ve always liked:

    ‘I don’t own big hats, but I have a lot of cattle’ - quote by a successful Texan in The Millionaire Next Door

    ‘Hard times create strong men. Strong me create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times’ - G Michael Hopf

    ‘The rich buy assets, the poor only have expenses and the middle class buy liabilities they think are assets’ - Rich Dad Poor Dad

  • Andrew SikoraPro Member
    Liverpool, NY · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor”

  • Westfield, IN · Member since 2017 · 27 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    " A year from now, you'll wish you had started today." - Karen Lamb

    I love this quote so much that I have photo framed it at my desk.

  • Dave DalrymplePro Member
    Investor · Zanesville, OH · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    So many great quotes! What a pleasure to read through them.

    "Why I can't." Or "How can I?" One of my favorites from Kiyosaki. 

    "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right." Not sure but one of my mom's favorites.

    "As a man thinketh." James Allen

    "The person you are today is the person you'll be 5 years from now, except for the books you read and the people you meet." Dave Ramsey

  • Rental Property Investor · Mcallen, TX · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    "Knowledge is Power"

  • Rental Property Investor · Mcallen, TX · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    "Man who stand on toilet high on POT" just kidding. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 366 posts · 314 votes
    7y

    "Wish in one hand, spit in the other".   - My Dad 

  • Springfield Gardens, NY · Member since 2017 · 258 posts · 63 votes
    7y

    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for a life time!

  • Gina SternPro Member
    Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 159 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”

    All time fave!

  • Investor · Trafalgar, IN · Member since 2016 · 95 posts · 58 votes
    7y

    @Mike Dymski alright, I’m in...I’ll pm you

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 589 posts · 275 votes
    7y

    be fearful when others are greedy

    be greedy when others are fearful

    . . . . . .  warren buffet

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 589 posts · 275 votes
    7y

    Change your thinking, change your life. . . . . Brian tracy

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 589 posts · 275 votes
    7y

    Even if your on the right path, you'll get run over if you just stand there.  - Will Rodgers

  • Investor · Biddeford, ME · Member since 2017 · 282 posts · 180 votes
    7y

    "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing"

  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    7y

    I love these two quotes!

    If you don't build your dreams,

    someone will hire you to build theirs. -Unknown

    Today I'm doing what others won't,

    So tomorrow I'll have what others don't.-Brandon Farris

  • Sunnyvale, CA · Member since 2018 · 191 posts · 178 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew “what do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other.” - George Eliot.

    This one has always stuck with me. From like 10 years ago.

  • Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2017 · 184 posts · 253 votes
    7y

    "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt 

    "3 brick-layers were asked what they were doing.

    The first one answered gruffly, 'I'm laying bricks!'

    The second one replied, "I'm building a wall.'

    But the third one said with enthusiasm and pride, "Who me? Why I'm building the world's most beautiful cathedral!'"

    "People that say 'I'll be happy when...' will never be happy." -Me

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.