What is your favorite quote??

What is your favorite quote??

Investor · Clinton, MS · Member since 2019 · 83 posts · 85 votes

I believe quotes are a powerful tool.  They provide a boost of quick knowledge and motivation.  I would love to hear your favorites and why they are.

"Don't wait for the perfect opportunity: create it." -George Benard Shaw

I love this because it symbolizes the truth that nothing is going to be given it must be earned/taken. When I read it each day, I am naturally shifted into an action taking mindset.

-Nathan

17Reply
764 views

Most Popular Reply

Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
7y

"Make as much money as you can!" -Me

See this reply in the discussion

313 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Boynton Beach, FL · Member since 2014 · 273 posts · 197 votes
    7y

    I have a few I love....

    "You are the average of the 5 people you spend time with most"

    "There is no such things as failure, just lessons"

  • Contractor · La Mirada, CA · Member since 2015 · 66 posts · 48 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    “The person who knows HOW will always have a job, but the person who knows WHY will always be his boss.” John Maxwell

    “I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can’t be done.” Henry Ford

    “The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    There have been a lot of great quotes here. This is one of my all time favorites:

    "All mankind is divided into three classes: 

    those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move." 

    -Benjamin Franklin

  • Developer · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    "If you will it, it is no dream" Theodor Herzl

  • Real Estate Broker · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 655 posts · 293 votes
    7y

    "A man can see further through a tear than the lens of a telescope"

    Bruce Lee

  • Rental Property Investor · Corvallis, OR · Member since 2018 · 840 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    What you focus on expands...

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Paia, HI · Member since 2016 · 479 posts · 311 votes
    7y

    “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” Ayn Rand

  • Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    “It’s not about money or connections. It’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone when it comes to your business.

    Mark Cuban

    I think networking and money are needed of course , but what sets the highly successful apart from the rest is the willingness to learn and never think we have “arrived”.IMO

  • Rental Property Investor · Moline, IL · Member since 2017 · 45 posts · 28 votes
    7y

    "You make your money when you buy, not when you sell"

  • Contractor · Mobile, AL · Member since 2019 · 47 posts · 32 votes
    7y

    “A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.” – Edward G. Bulwer

  • Contractor · Mobile, AL · Member since 2019 · 47 posts · 32 votes
    7y

    The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying: You ain´t what you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain´t you! You´re better than that

    - Rocky Balboa

  • Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    “Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I’ll drink whatever comes out of these when I squeeze ’em?”

    -Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes

    Sounds silly, but reminds me to see convention for what it truly is.

  • Goldsboro, NC · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 19 votes
    7y

    Relax, everything's going to be all right; rest, everything's coming together; open your hearts, love is on the way! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Beverly, MA · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    "Everything works out in the end...unless you're an idiot."        - my dad

    this quote makes me laugh, but it is honestly something I think about everyday and it has truly helped.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Buford, GA · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    1_Money don't take away your pain but I rather cry in Mercedes than on bicycle in the rain.😃

    2_ If you don't like your situation,change it.

    You are not a tree.

  • Member since 2018 · 563 posts · 562 votes
    7y

    I saw a Warren Buffet interview that he was asked if there was any one important thing he could teach new students, what is it?...his reply was the "...the power of compounding"

    This has always helped to remind me that every little saving or extra profit I make does not necessarily make or break me, but, at the end of a year, decade, or life...the effect of compounding the total of those savings, earnings and interest can make a huge difference.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, MO · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    "Rule #1: Never lose money...Rule #2: Never forget rule #1"  Warren Buffett

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, MO · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    "If you think you can you're right, If you think you can't you're right"  I'm not sure where I heard it but it reminds that a positive mental attitude can overcome many obstacles

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, MO · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    "Compounding interest is the eighth wonder of the world" Einstein (supposedly)

  • Akron, OH · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. - Ironically associate with Mark Twain, but not his quote

    Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you

    With great power comes great responsibility - Peter Parker

  • Attorney · Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    "It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so." Mark Twain

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 58 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    "Good decisions are made one at a time"

  • Murray, UT · Member since 2016 · 162 posts · 166 votes
    7y

    Dwight K Schrute-

    "Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do that?' And if they would, I do not do that thing."
  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew mine is “how you do one thing is how you do everything”!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.