What is your favorite quote??

300 Replies

A few things I tell my daughters. I don't know if I heard them somewhere along the way, or I came with them (probably a combo of the two): 

"Opportunity does not knock, he hides. Find out where he is hiding, and kick in that door". 

"If you reach all of the goals you have set, you have not set them high enough". 

"Failure to reach all your goals is not failure. Failure to set your goals high because you may not reach them is."

"The reason why you never see an elephant hiding in a tree is because they are very good at it." Confucious

@Nathan Killebrew great topic!

Every good thing in life required you to quit something. Don't be afraid of quitting in order to get where you want to go. Be afraid of staying where you're at for the rest of your life.

- Ben Kinney

I think I heard this on Biggerpockets podcast 322 when Ben Kinney was the guest.

Very inspiring!

@Nathan Killebrew

“The person who knows HOW will always have a job, but the person who knows WHY will always be his boss.” John Maxwell

“I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not know what can’t be done.” Henry Ford

“The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

There have been a lot of great quotes here. This is one of my all time favorites:

"All mankind is divided into three classes: 

those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move." 

-Benjamin Franklin

“It’s not about money or connections. It’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone when it comes to your business.

Mark Cuban

I think networking and money are needed of course , but what sets the highly successful apart from the rest is the willingness to learn and never think we have “arrived”.IMO

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers saying: You ain´t what you wanna be because of him or her or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain´t you! You´re better than that

- Rocky Balboa

“Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I’ll drink whatever comes out of these when I squeeze ’em?”

-Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes

Sounds silly, but reminds me to see convention for what it truly is.

"Everything works out in the end...unless you're an idiot."        - my dad

this quote makes me laugh, but it is honestly something I think about everyday and it has truly helped.

I saw a Warren Buffet interview that he was asked if there was any one important thing he could teach new students, what is it?...his reply was the "...the power of compounding"

This has always helped to remind me that every little saving or extra profit I make does not necessarily make or break me, but, at the end of a year, decade, or life...the effect of compounding the total of those savings, earnings and interest can make a huge difference.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here