What is your favorite quote??

What is your favorite quote??

Investor · Clinton, MS · Member since 2019 · 83 posts · 85 votes

I believe quotes are a powerful tool.  They provide a boost of quick knowledge and motivation.  I would love to hear your favorites and why they are.

"Don't wait for the perfect opportunity: create it." -George Benard Shaw

I love this because it symbolizes the truth that nothing is going to be given it must be earned/taken. When I read it each day, I am naturally shifted into an action taking mindset.

-Nathan

17Reply
603 views

Most Popular Reply

Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
7y

"Make as much money as you can!" -Me

See this reply in the discussion

313 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 32 votes
    7y

    Don't' wait to buy real estate.  Buy real estate and wait. 

  • Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    "Is it better to be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me." - Michael Scott

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    7y

    an idiot with a plan will beat a genius without a plan everytime

    Warren buffet

  • South Bend, IN · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew If there is no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm

  • Investor · Parrish, FL · Member since 2014 · 120 posts · 115 votes
    7y

    People who don't play the game, watch others score goals.

  • Investor · FL · Member since 2017 · 266 posts · 220 votes
    7y

    “If you’re not first , you’re last”

    Ricky Bobby

  • Columbia, SC · Member since 2014 · 133 posts · 190 votes
    7y

    Whether you think you can or think you cannot, you're right - not sure who said it but one of my favorites

  • Rental Property Investor · Canton, OH · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    This one I made up:

    "If you tell the truth all the time, you'll never have to try and remember what you said."

    From the Dalai Lama

    "When you think everything is someone else's fault, you suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy."

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Portland, OR · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Though I cannot remember the exact source of this quote, I know it went a little something like this : "to think man is alone in the universe is to think that of a whole field of seed, only one will grow"

  • Waipahu, HI · Member since 2018 · 121 posts · 81 votes
    7y

    @George Lods I believe that is a Randy Pausch Quote.  I love that book The Last Lecture.  Probably one of the best guides to living a good life.   

  • Waipahu, HI · Member since 2018 · 121 posts · 81 votes
    7y

    "If something is bothering you, and you can do something about it then do not worry about it.  If something is bothering you and you can not do anything about it then do not worry about it."  - Dali Lama

    I love this quote.  It is a great reminder to concentrate on the things I have control of influence over, and to let the rest fall where it may.  Once I have done everything in my power, I must have the ability to let go.  Very similar to the serenity prayer.  

    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  • Rental Property Investor · Beaumont, TX · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    "Everything you read on the internet is true."

    -Abraham Lincoln

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 39 posts · 33 votes
    7y

    "It takes hard work to get lucky"

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 65 votes
    7y

    To every landlord out there who tries to take sexual advantage of a tenant: 

    "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" -Lord Acton

  • Real Estate Agent · Gandeeville, WV · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    "When you stop learning, you start dying." 

    Words to live by.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wichita, KS · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    "Do or do not, there is no try". 

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, TX · Member since 2012 · 788 posts · 640 votes
    7y

    "Live life, Don't work it!" - Rocky V.

    Life is too short to follow the rat race.

  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2014 · 730 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    “It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees”

    - Emiliano Zapata

  • Investor · NJ · Member since 2018 · 869 posts · 921 votes
    7y

    The early bit gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheeese. 

  • Troy, NY · Member since 2019 · 74 posts · 25 votes
    7y

    “Good, better, best, never let it rest until your good is better and you better is best” -Tim Duncan

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

    Voltaire

  • Insurance Agent · Thornton, CO · Member since 2018 · 74 posts · 51 votes
    7y

    “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity”

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 763 posts · 500 votes
    7y

    Be the best, because just good enough will never change the world

    - Sheldon Cooper

  • Joseph ODonovanPro Member
    Property Manager · Ridley, PA · Member since 2017 · 427 posts · 449 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew "nothing ventured, nothing gained" -

  • Rental Property Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 24 votes
    7y

    @Adam Odom

    That's what I was going to add, I'm also not 100% certain on the source though I've mainly heard it attributed to Henry Ford.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.