What is your favorite quote??

296 Replies

"Do or do not... there is no try" 

-Yoda

"The richest people in the world look for and build networks, everyone else looks for work" - Kiyosaki

"Is it better to be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me." - Michael Scott

an idiot with a plan will beat a genius without a plan everytime

Warren buffet

People who don't play the game, watch others score goals.

“If you’re not first , you’re last”

Ricky Bobby

Whether you think you can or think you cannot, you're right - not sure who said it but one of my favorites

This one I made up:

"If you tell the truth all the time, you'll never have to try and remember what you said."

From the Dalai Lama

"When you think everything is someone else's fault, you suffer a lot. When you realize that everything springs only from yourself, you will learn both peace and joy."

Though I cannot remember the exact source of this quote, I know it went a little something like this : "to think man is alone in the universe is to think that of a whole field of seed, only one will grow"

@George Lods I believe that is a Randy Pausch Quote.  I love that book The Last Lecture.  Probably one of the best guides to living a good life.   

"If something is bothering you, and you can do something about it then do not worry about it.  If something is bothering you and you can not do anything about it then do not worry about it."  - Dali Lama

I love this quote.  It is a great reminder to concentrate on the things I have control of influence over, and to let the rest fall where it may.  Once I have done everything in my power, I must have the ability to let go.  Very similar to the serenity prayer.  

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

"Everything you read on the internet is true."

-Abraham Lincoln

"It takes hard work to get lucky"

To every landlord out there who tries to take sexual advantage of a tenant: 

"Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" -Lord Acton

"When you stop learning, you start dying." 

Words to live by.

"Do or do not, there is no try". 

"Live life, Don't work it!" - Rocky V.

Life is too short to follow the rat race.

@Nathan Killebrew

“It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees”

- Emiliano Zapata

The early bit gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheeese. 

“Good, better, best, never let it rest until your good is better and you better is best” -Tim Duncan

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire

“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity”

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here