What is your favorite quote??

What is your favorite quote??

Investor · Clinton, MS · Member since 2019 · 83 posts · 85 votes

I believe quotes are a powerful tool.  They provide a boost of quick knowledge and motivation.  I would love to hear your favorites and why they are.

"Don't wait for the perfect opportunity: create it." -George Benard Shaw

I love this because it symbolizes the truth that nothing is going to be given it must be earned/taken. When I read it each day, I am naturally shifted into an action taking mindset.

-Nathan

17Reply
786 views

Most Popular Reply

Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
7y

"Make as much money as you can!" -Me

See this reply in the discussion

313 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jonesboro, AR · Member since 2017 · 136 posts · 79 votes
    7y

    @Derrick Thomas

    Here’s another for that purpose.

    Don’t put your Pe__s in the cash register.

    Not sure where I heard it.

  • Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    'today I'll do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't' Jerry Rice. It reminds me of the power of daily progress even if it's small steps. Consistency is the bed rock to greatness.

  • Rental Property Investor · Wilmington, NC · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Adam Odom Henry Ford said it. That’s the quote I was going to use!

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles · Member since 2018 · 844 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Make each day your masterpiece. 

    ~John Wooden

  • Kingston, NY · Member since 2017 · 252 posts · 138 votes
    7y

    @JD Martin

    That’s one thing people don’t consider when they’re younger. When we’re young we think of being old as if it were someone else. In reality it’s the same “you” just in an older and older body (yes...yes...wiser and calmer) and with less time. When you extrapolate that out I can’t imagine the horror of being actually decrepit and old with no time left to do anything with death staring you in the face. I’m not talking about being old and functional. I’m talking about after that.

    Do it now. Whatever it is you’ve been waiting to do because it’s coming sooner than you think.

  • Kingston, NY · Member since 2017 · 252 posts · 138 votes
    7y

    @BJ Dante bruce lee?

  • Kingston, NY · Member since 2017 · 252 posts · 138 votes
    7y

    @Mike Dymski

    Me please?

  • Henry StoltzfusPro Member
    Honey brook, PA · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @CJ M. I’ll throw this on with yours.

    “Honesty always pays.” Guaranteed

  • Rental Property Investor · Triangle, VA · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.

    -Confucius

  • Rental Property Investor · Conway, AR · Member since 2017 · 146 posts · 75 votes
    7y

    King Solomon (the original richest man in the world) after amassing great wealth, hundreds of women and slaves, vineyards, gardens, parks, herds and flocks....

    "Then I considered all that my hands had done and the toil I had expended in doing it, and behold, all was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing to be gained under the sun."

  • Rental Property Investor · Toronto, Canada · Member since 2012 · 102 posts · 95 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew here are a few that I’ve liked:

    “Money won’t solve all of your problems, but it will solve your money problems.”

    "You do not see the world as it is. You see it as you are.”

    "Never let the merely urgent get in the way of the truly important."

    "I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question."

    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually fear you will make one."

    "The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see."

    "School is where you send your child to be raised by other children."

    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.”

  • Rental Property Investor · Caledonia, IL · Member since 2015 · 289 posts · 213 votes
    7y

    “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    Believe and you will succeed!

    Francois Thibault

  • Crane Missouri · Member since 2019 · 60 posts · 34 votes
    7y

    You'll never know how tall you are until you've been in over your head, then you learn to sink or swim.

  • Rental Property Investor · Waterville, ME · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 19 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew if you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won't, you most assuredly won't. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad.

  • Contractor · Member since 2018 · 26 posts · 31 votes
    7y

    @James Canoy

    Honestly don’t know! I was listening to the joe Rohan podcast where he interviewed psychologist Jordan Peterson. Joe said it and it stuck with me 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    7y

    It’s true Money can’t buy everything , but poverty can’t buy Anything!

  • Kingston, NY · Member since 2017 · 252 posts · 138 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @BJ Dante:

    @James Canoy

    Honestly don’t know! I was listening to the joe Rohan podcast where he interviewed psychologist Jordan Peterson. Joe said it and it stuck with me 🤷🏼♂️

    Looks like it’s a chinese proverb. Not like the internet would lie.

    “Tending the garden is a relaxing pastime, but it does not prepare one for the inevitable battles of life. It is easy to be calm in a serene setting. 

    To be calm and serene when under attack is much more difficult; therefore, I tell you that it is far better to be a warrior tending his garden rather than a gardener at war.”

    Where are you located at?

  • Lender · Dallas Tx · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.

  • Real Estate Agent · Clifton, NJ · Member since 2017 · 28 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    You are the master of your fate, captain of your soul! -William Ernest Henley

    -I really like this one because it’s so true and I have applied the concept several times in my life and I’ve seen results. Only you have the power to influence your subconscious mind. “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill really goes deep into this

  • Rental Property Investor · Ankeny, IA · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    A few things I tell my daughters. I don't know if I heard them somewhere along the way, or I came with them (probably a combo of the two): 

    "Opportunity does not knock, he hides. Find out where he is hiding, and kick in that door". 

    "If you reach all of the goals you have set, you have not set them high enough". 

    "Failure to reach all your goals is not failure. Failure to set your goals high because you may not reach them is."

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    "The reason why you never see an elephant hiding in a tree is because they are very good at it." Confucious

  • Member since 2019 · 83 posts · 61 votes
    7y

    Illigitimatum non carborundum - "Don't let the bastards wear you down"  

    great advice for landlords and real estate brokers!

  • Rental Property Investor · Prairie Village, KS · Member since 2017 · 62 posts · 36 votes
    7y

    Not sure if it's necessarily true but "failing big is less expensive than thinking small"

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 236 posts · 156 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew great topic!

    Every good thing in life required you to quit something. Don't be afraid of quitting in order to get where you want to go. Be afraid of staying where you're at for the rest of your life.

    - Ben Kinney

    I think I heard this on Biggerpockets podcast 322 when Ben Kinney was the guest.

    Very inspiring!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.