What is your favorite quote??

What is your favorite quote??

Investor · Clinton, MS · Member since 2019 · 83 posts · 85 votes

I believe quotes are a powerful tool.  They provide a boost of quick knowledge and motivation.  I would love to hear your favorites and why they are.

"Don't wait for the perfect opportunity: create it." -George Benard Shaw

I love this because it symbolizes the truth that nothing is going to be given it must be earned/taken. When I read it each day, I am naturally shifted into an action taking mindset.

-Nathan

17Reply
781 views

Most Popular Reply

Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
7y

"Make as much money as you can!" -Me

See this reply in the discussion

313 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2016 · 27 posts · 24 votes
    7y

    One about life that hit me recently:

    "Pain is inevitable,

    suffering is optional."

  • Rental Property Investor · New York City · Member since 2019 · 703 posts · 538 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @JD Martin:
    Originally posted by @Nathan Killebrew:

    @JD Martin   

    Those are great.  What inspired you to come up with the first one?

     The obvious shortness of life. Yesterday I was garage band jamming in HS and chasing girls. Today I'm gray, bald, overweight and arthritic. What the hell happened? 

     BAM!!

  • Rental Property Investor · New York City · Member since 2019 · 703 posts · 538 votes
    7y

    "Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is watching". - Anonymous. 

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    “There is little progress in the comfort zone, and little comfort in the progress zone.”

    This one speaks to me. Life can definitely be good living in comfort, but it is much better when I push myself to be something greater albeit uncomfortable.

  • Rental Property Investor · Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew “Today is the youngest you’ll ever be”

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Coquitlam, British Columbia · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    God’s not making any more land so use the one you have!

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Big thing for me is stepping out of my comfort zone and pushing through fear:

    "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."

    -Dale Carnegie

    @Rob Massopust Love that Tyson quote 

  • Piscataway New Jersey · Member since 2019 · 29 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    ‘You can have more than you got, because you can be more than you are’ -Jim Rohn

    I love this quote because it speaks to a growth mindset, continue to better yourself and your life will act accordingly. 6 months ago I dropped out of college with no motivation until I began developing myself to the point where I plan to have my first property by the time I’m 20, I’m moving to Chicago with sales job, I have a better relationship with my family, and somehow..I’m making more money than I ever have.

  • Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." 

    -Theodore Roosevelt

  • Real Estate Agent · Bronx, NY · Member since 2017 · 88 posts · 55 votes
    7y

    “The more you find out, the more you find out you need to know” - Rob Kiyosaki

  • Christi HawkinsPro Member
    Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 237 posts · 142 votes
    7y

    "Give a girl the right pair of shoes and she can change the world" - Marilyn Monroe

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    Chinese Proverb – “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”

  • NYC, NY · Member since 2016 · 617 posts · 456 votes
    7y

    Life - It's better than the alternative.  

    Author unknown

    Be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy.

    -Warren Buffett

  • Specialist · Paradise Valley, AZ · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Don't spend the money until the check clears.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 512 posts · 301 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew “If title dictated my behavior as a clerk serving the public, I wouldn't be allowed to spit water at that guy, but I did. So, my point is that people dictate their own behavior. “

    Basically anything Randall says in Clerks and what the contractor says about working on the Death Star.

    Read a lot of quotes growing up so it’s the cheeky ones that stick out to me

    Currently reading subtle art of not giving a ****

    Now there is one cheeky masterturd

  • Dallas Tx · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew “Loser’s quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.” -Robert Kiyosaki

  • Investor · South East Texas · Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew “you’re gonna die”

    - Gary V

  • Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2015 · 366 posts · 184 votes
    7y

    Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

    -Michaelangelo

  • Specialist · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 26 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew "If you can dream it, you can achieve it"

  • Rental Property Investor · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2017 · 106 posts · 39 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew “I have about concludes that wealth is a state of mind,and that anyone can acquire a wealthy state of mind by thinking rich thoughts.” - Andrew Young

  • Watertown, MA · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    I own a boxing club, and one of my favorite quotes is on the wall of the gym:

    “A champion is someone that gets up when he can’t.”

    -  Jack Dempsey 

    I just imagine how many situations that quote applies to, and how important that type of thinking is in terms of success. 

  • Bellingham, WA · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Back in college i looked for some quotes in Latin to sound more educated. However one stuck with me.

    "The begining of all things are small"

    Initium omnium rerum principia parva sunt

  • Investor · Jonesboro, AR · Member since 2017 · 136 posts · 79 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    It’s not what you have it’s what you owe. Because someone thinks your worth it.

    Mr. Long shop teacher from Steele,MO.

  • Real Estate Coach · Member since 2019 · 65 posts · 30 votes
    7y

    The fruit that eve ate wasn't a southern watermelon because if it was she wouldn't have repented. 

    - Mark Twain

  • Rental Property Investor · Hughes Springs, TX · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    50% of a good deal is better than 100% of no deal.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.