What is your favorite quote??

What is your favorite quote??

Investor · Clinton, MS · Member since 2019 · 83 posts · 85 votes

I believe quotes are a powerful tool.  They provide a boost of quick knowledge and motivation.  I would love to hear your favorites and why they are.

"Don't wait for the perfect opportunity: create it." -George Benard Shaw

I love this because it symbolizes the truth that nothing is going to be given it must be earned/taken. When I read it each day, I am naturally shifted into an action taking mindset.

-Nathan

17Reply
910 views

Most Popular Reply

Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 5k+ posts · 5k+ votes
7y

"Make as much money as you can!" -Me

See this reply in the discussion

313 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2016 · 258 posts · 177 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew invest in yourself before you invest in any kind of real estate.

  • Real Estate Agent · Manhattan, NY · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”

    -Wayne Gretzky

    -Michael Scott

  • Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    I’m interested in your quote of the day

    Josh Davidson

    Thank you

  • Realtor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    “Go where your energy is reciprocated, celebrated, and appreciated.... “

    This made a difference in the career choices and contacts I let into my life.

  • Huntington, NY · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    Motivation is ********. Motivation comes and goes. Determination is the real essence of success

  • Investor · Las Vegas. Jacksonville, Bay Area Ca, Nv, Ca, Fl · Member since 2015 · 511 posts · 220 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew , "everytime a frog jumps he bumps his rear" writen by me. The meaning behind this is we know sometimes moving forward there are obstacles and challenges in our way but we move forward in order to succeed.

  • Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2017 · 184 posts · 253 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ryan Wamsat:

    @Nathan Killebrew  I've had this one on my whiteboard for many years:  "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago.  The second best time is now."  I don't know whom to attribute it to, and I think it's an old Chinese proverb.

    After the quote I put "Retirement Planning".  This has been a conversation starter for many of my employees, many of whom were recent college grads.  And, I'm extremely proud to say that there is a good chance that I have played a small part in their future success leading to retirement.  At least, I hope that I have.

     How is it possible that this great quote has been on here for 24 hours and only ONE vote! Lol, I know I'm deep in this thread... And I like how you substituted "Retirement planning" too.

  • Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2015 · 48 posts · 86 votes
    7y

    My Dad used to tell me, "There's never time to do it right, but always time to do it over!"

    I hated it when I was a kid, but became a staple when I had 2 sons! Haha

  • Sally FairchildPro Member
    Investor · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2016 · 106 posts · 84 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    The problem with the rat race is, even if you win, you’re still a rat.

    Lily Tomlin

  • Real Estate Agent · Mount Dora, FL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew this is a quote we have on our wall at work:

    “Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.”

    When you couple that with this one from Jim Rohn, it’s a powerful combination:

    “The recipe for failure is a few small errors in judgement repeated every day. The recipe for success is a few, small disciplines practiced daily.”

  • Real Estate Agent · Mount Dora, FL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Frank Wong one of my favorites! Nice one.

  • Investor · Great Neck, NY · Member since 2016 · 679 posts · 467 votes
    7y

    Your net worth is your network.

  • Real Estate Agent · Mount Dora, FL · Member since 2017 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Adam Odom

    Henry Ford said that one, I believe.

  • Springfield, MO · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    "Shoot for the Moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars." - Les Brown

  • Albany, NY · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    “We live in a world of cause and effect”

  • Rental Property Investor · Zionsville, IN · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    The world is tough

    But so are you

  • Real Estate Agent · Roseville, CA · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    “Any man is educated who knows where to get knowledge when he needs it. And how to organize that knowledge into definite plans of action.”

    -Napoleon Hill

    Think and Grow Rich

    Chapter five

    “Our actions define our legacy.”

    Star Wars: The Clone Wars

    S4:E10

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 227 posts · 365 votes
    7y

    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.”

    - Marianne Williamson

  • Fremont, CA · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 2 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    My favorite quote is actually from my dad lol “no one will ever take care of you like yourself”

    He would always say this to me ever since I was a kiddo. This is so true because at the end of the day no one can force you to take care of yourself like you. Everyone can give you good advice/ want the best for you but it is ultimately you who decides what to do. It is up to YOU to take action!!!!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    7y

    With every failure comes with it the seed of an equivalent benefit or advantage.

    Napoleon hill

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    7y

    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work

    Thomas Edison

  • Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2017 · 70 posts · 115 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew

    "Clean your room." -Jordan Peterson

    "Do something!" -William Booth

  • Rental Property Investor · Chappaqua, NY · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 947 votes
    7y

    @Nathan Killebrew I shall either find a way or make one -Hannibal 

  • Rental Property Investor · Hummelstown, PA · Member since 2015 · 638 posts · 653 votes
    7y

    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

    Theodore Roosevelt

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Joshua Davidson:

    I’m interested in your quote of the day

    Josh Davidson

    Thank you

    Sure, feel free to shoot me your email address.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.