What is your opinion on wholesalers?

Katlynn Teague
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Mar 17 2023, 07:08

Good morning BP,

I have a couple of questions this morning

-What is your opinion on wholesalers?

-Have you had a good experience when working with a wholesaler?

-What has been your biggest draw back from working with wholesalers, when purchasing properties to flip?

I am a licensed real estate agent who works at a national wholesale brokerage. I started this path to build capital so I can start purchasing my own properties to build a rental portfolio. As well as learn from the investors I work with, make connections in the industry and learn real estate investment from the inside out. My company has a five-week training course that teaches you all of the ins and outs of the wholesaling business. The training is intense, but the training also never stops and that is what makes me good at my job! 

However, I have many... "wholesalers" reach out to me who really do not have a clue in the world what they are doing. These people bring me daisy chained properties with inflated ARV's, laughable rehabs and obnoxious sales prices. All of this to say, that these kinds of wholesalers tarnish the reputation of the wholesalers who are in this business to help people on their path to financial freedom. I have seen many investors cringe at the word wholesale because they had such a bad experience with one in the past and officially write wholesalers off.

I absolutely love what I do, I love getting to meet people that started with nothing and were able to build an empire for themselves and their families. I love helping home owners who are on the verge of foreclosure pay off their debt to start over. Families who had a house fire and lost everything, being able to give them a fresh start. I also love helping people on their journey to financial freedom while helping them build that generational wealth. 

With that being said, What are your thoughts?

Loading replies...