Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Brian Bisdorf
Votes |
What's your experience with using BPs contractors?

Brian Bisdorf
Posted Apr 17 2023, 17:44

Please share your experience with working/ hiring any of the contractors through home advisor on the build your team section. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 20 2023, 14:57

I have not hired one because I have several good contractors that I work with already.  I do have an opinoin though.   I would not work with a contractor just because they are a BP contractor.  Just because they are on this forum does not mean that they are good or that those recommending them even know anything about their work.  Have you ever seen someone recommend someone who was "nice" and their 3rd counsin's boyfriend's neighbor's dad?  You get the idea.  While I wouldn't hesitate to check into one of them, I would research them like crazy, look at their work, get referrals, etc- just like I would with any other contractor that I was potentially looking to hire.

User Stats

Votes
Caden Wakim
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Nationwide
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Nationwide
Replied Apr 21 2023, 10:20

@Esta Ryder said it very well.

Another strategy I like to use when finding a great contractor is to filter to sold homes on Zillow, look at some rehabbed homes that have sold, and pick a few that look really good, reach out to the owner or agent and ask for the contractors info! 

ALWAYS be sure to do you research, and verify via references, previous work done etc. that they will be a great addition to you team!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes