User Stats

Votes
Tristian Compton
Votes |
Fix & Flip Lead Generation - Alaska

Tristian Compton
Posted May 17 2023, 16:37

Hello!

I am currently a real estate agent and am getting into the fix-and-flip side of things in the Wasilla/Anchorage, Alaska market. While I recently achieved success with the sale of my first flip, I am encountering challenges in finding my next potential project. Currently, my approach involves physically driving around to spot potential flips, searching through tax records to obtain contact information, and reaching out via phone calls and mail. However, I have yet to experience favorable results. I am seeking strategies to optimize and streamline my lead generation process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Andy Sabisch
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wilkes-Barre, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wilkes-Barre, PA
Replied May 17 2023, 18:12
Driving for Dollars especially in an area you reside and are familiar with like you are doing is an effective tool to get leads.  We have found properties that turned into purchases and flips using that approach.  Another option is to get in touch with wholesalers in your area and see if they can bring you deals.  There are probably bandit signs posted in your area so start there and see if they are wholesalers and if they are, let them know what you are looking for . . . they are always looking for potential buyers to properties they might find - just make sure to do your due diligence to make sure the ARV and the reno costs are accurate as often they are way off center to their benefit.  There should be REIGs in your area that you can join and see what deals are passed along there.  Often you find a flipper that has too much on their plate and is willing to let one go to keep from being pulled to thin.  Hopefully these will get you started without spending the money to pull lists and send out boxes of letters looking for a deal .

User Stats

Votes
Tristian Compton
Votes |
Replied May 17 2023, 18:49

I appreciate your valuable input Andy! I will take immediate action to contact wholesalers in my area. Additionally, I will explore the possibility of connecting with flippers who may currently have a high workload. Thanks again for your insightful advice.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Ivey
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Marysville, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Marysville, WA
Replied May 22 2023, 14:00

D4$ is a game of numbers, I have used the app dealmachine that does a pretty good job of keeping you from searching tax records, the web site "truepeoplesearch.com" can find phone, and some times an email address.  I know that in a average/ low pressure market you get 1 deal out of 300-450 leads.  In a high appreciation market like here in Seattle it can be one deal for every 600-1200 leads. 

And personally after living in Anchorage for 4 years, there are a lot of what we in the lower 48 considered "distressed" that owners there are content with. 

In all sincerity Best of luck!  Keep up the grind/ hustle!