Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Rehabbing & House Flipping
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Furney
Pro Member
Votes |
Whats the estimate for a deep full rehab with only frames? (pics attached)

Benjamin Furney
Pro Member
Posted Jun 1 2023, 19:13

Hello, my friend is checking out a property and was inquiring about what a full deep scale rehab would be. It is basically only frames. Nothing else. The square footage is 1260.

I personally have not a full rehab like this only a cosmetic rehab. So I am curious to know what others think. I have attached the pictures.

Thanks for everyones help!

User Stats

Votes
Andy Sabisch
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wilkes-Barre, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Wilkes-Barre, PA
Replied Jun 2 2023, 03:17

You are correct in that being a deep reno . . . . you have a shell (not sure how much work the exterior needs as well based on the interior photos.  The cost depends on your location - doing this in Los Angeles versus a small town in rural America can and will change the cost of things.  Also based on the location and what the area calls for in terms of finishes, your costs will vary.  We just moved from the Jackson, MS area and there were a number of properties we could have bought in the condition of the photos but even basic quality would have made the numbers not workable.  I see some of the projects in CA where the price of a property like yours would buy a lake home move in ready here in PA.  So both factors - location and finish quality - will drive the price.

As a ballpark, I would be looking at around $50 to $65 ft2 or $63K to $82K to complete the interior with mid-grade finishes.  Add any exterior work to that.  But again, without knowing if you are looking at a quartz countertop or formica neighborhood, a more precise number is hard to come up with.  More details may help you get a more informed estimate.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 2 2023, 03:30

Every city has different pricing for material and labor. For me, that would be a $80,000 project.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Tim Ryan
  • Investor / Mentor / Contractor
  • Arcadia, CA Buying Out of State
Votes |
  • Investor / Mentor / Contractor
  • Arcadia, CA Buying Out of State
Replied Jun 14 2023, 14:23

Is this in Los Angeles. The post shows "Los Angeles". In that case, $200k.  I'm not kidding. Trust me. Will be a great project to lose your shirt thinking its less.