Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2026 · 5 posts · 12 votes
Hi everyone,
I'm an investor based in Israel and I'm currently focused on the Columbus, Ohio market as I work toward my first U.S. deal.
My primary strategy is Fix & Flip, with a strong interest in small multifamily properties as well, as long as the numbers make sense.
I'm currently analyzing deals in the following range:
*Purchase price: $80,000–$100,000
*Property type: Single-family & small multifamily
*Rehab: light to medium
* Open to neighborhood recommendations
I plan to manage the project as an out-of-state investor and I'm already in conversations with local agents, while continuing to build my team on the ground.
For those active in Columbus:
* Which neighborhoods are currently working best for flips in this price range?
* What ARV ranges are you seeing after renovation?
* Any advice for building a strong local team and running projects remotely?
I'm actively working toward my first deal and would love to connect with wholesalers, agents, contractors, and other investors in the area.
Looking forward to learning from the community and contributing here as well.
Lender · Grasonville, MD · Member since 2025 · 70 posts · 16 votes
8mo
I am a foreign national friendly lender. To get a realistic ARV on property, pull Zillow. Look at properties within a mile that you are looking at and have sold in the past 6 months. That's a good starting point.
I'm an investor based in Israel and I'm currently focused on the Columbus, Ohio market as I work toward my first U.S. deal.
My primary strategy is Fix & Flip, with a strong interest in small multifamily properties as well, as long as the numbers make sense.
I'm currently analyzing deals in the following range:
*Purchase price: $80,000–$100,000
*Property type: Single-family & small multifamily
*Rehab: light to medium
* Open to neighborhood recommendations
I plan to manage the project as an out-of-state investor and I'm already in conversations with local agents, while continuing to build my team on the ground.
For those active in Columbus:
* Which neighborhoods are currently working best for flips in this price range?
* What ARV ranges are you seeing after renovation?
* Any advice for building a strong local team and running projects remotely?
I'm actively working toward my first deal and would love to connect with wholesalers, agents, contractors, and other investors in the area.
Looking forward to learning from the community and contributing here as well.
Thanks!
Hi Nofar, let's connect and discuss in details. Happy to help!
Hey Nofar, happy to connect! There are some solid opportunities in your price range in neighborhoods where rehab activity is picking up. Light- to medium-rehab SFHs and small multifamily are moving well, and there's good ARV potential if you plan strategically. Building a strong local team—contractors, PMs, and reliable agents—is key for managing remotely. I'd be happy to discuss the market, neighborhoods, and what to look for to make your first deal a success.
Lender · Grasonville, MD · Member since 2025 · 70 posts · 16 votes
8mo
I am a foreign national friendly lender. To get a realistic ARV on property, pull Zillow. Look at properties within a mile that you are looking at and have sold in the past 6 months. That's a good starting point.
I am a foreign national friendly lender. To get a realistic ARV on property, pull Zillow. Look at properties within a mile that you are looking at and have sold in the past 6 months. That's a good starting point.
Hello Andrew, Thank you for your answer. I really appreciate the advice you shared, it’s very helpful!
Real Estate Agent · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8mo
Welcome, Nofar! In that price range, I’ve seen flips work best in Midwest pockets where the end buyer is a first time homeowner rather than another investor, which means keeping rehabs tight and being conservative on ARVs; small multifamily can work too, but resale liquidity matters more on flips. For managing from abroad, tight scopes, fixed price bids, and consistent photo/video updates go a long way, and having one reliable local point person instead of juggling multiple vendors helps a lot. Curious whether you’re set on flipping your first deal to build momentum, or if you’d consider holding if the numbers end up working better that way. Happy to keep the conversation going!
I'm an investor based in Israel and I'm currently focused on the Columbus, Ohio market as I work toward my first U.S. deal.
My primary strategy is Fix & Flip, with a strong interest in small multifamily properties as well, as long as the numbers make sense.
I'm currently analyzing deals in the following range:
*Purchase price: $80,000–$100,000
*Property type: Single-family & small multifamily
*Rehab: light to medium
* Open to neighborhood recommendations
I plan to manage the project as an out-of-state investor and I'm already in conversations with local agents, while continuing to build my team on the ground.
For those active in Columbus:
* Which neighborhoods are currently working best for flips in this price range?
* What ARV ranges are you seeing after renovation?
* Any advice for building a strong local team and running projects remotely?
I'm actively working toward my first deal and would love to connect with wholesalers, agents, contractors, and other investors in the area.
Looking forward to learning from the community and contributing here as well.
Thanks!
Hey Nofar, welcome!
Honestly, finding a good fix and flip in that $80k to $100k range with light to medium rehab is tough here without doing your own direct to seller marketing.
For that budget, you might get better returns flipping in Toledo, Cleveland, Dayton, or Akron.
That said, long term rentals are way more doable in Columbus at that price point since you don't need top tier finishes. If you're set on flipping here, you'll probably need to bump up the budget or market directly to owners to avoid extra costs.
I'm an investor based in Israel and I'm currently focused on the Columbus, Ohio market as I work toward my first U.S. deal.
My primary strategy is Fix & Flip, with a strong interest in small multifamily properties as well, as long as the numbers make sense.
I'm currently analyzing deals in the following range:
*Purchase price: $80,000–$100,000
*Property type: Single-family & small multifamily
*Rehab: light to medium
* Open to neighborhood recommendations
I plan to manage the project as an out-of-state investor and I'm already in conversations with local agents, while continuing to build my team on the ground.
For those active in Columbus:
* Which neighborhoods are currently working best for flips in this price range?
* What ARV ranges are you seeing after renovation?
* Any advice for building a strong local team and running projects remotely?
I'm actively working toward my first deal and would love to connect with wholesalers, agents, contractors, and other investors in the area.
Looking forward to learning from the community and contributing here as well.
Thanks!
You need to be open to properties in the $90k to $120k in C class areas of columbus. There aren't that many for $80k range. It's possible but not much at all.
B class areas required purchcase price around $150k range.
Columbus, OH · Member since 2025 · 4 posts · 1 vote
8mo
Welcome! Linden is an area to keep a close eye on for what you are looking for. There are fix & flip opportunities, but also good buy and hold opportunities if you are open to it. General advice - make sure you have your team in place for when the deal shows up!
Virtual Assistant · Member since 2026 · 54 posts · 20 votes
4mo
Great post and welcome to the Columbus market! I'm also active in Columbus virtually and can share what I'm seeing on the ground.
Best neighborhoods for flips in your price range ($80K-$100K purchase):
43211 (Linden area) — most inventory in your range, ARVs typically $150K-$180K after full rehab
43203 (Near East Side) — appreciating fast due to proximity to downtown, ARVs pushing $180K-$220K
43223 (Hilltop) — solid rental and flip market, good spread potential
ARV ranges after renovation:
Light to medium rehab in these zip codes is currently producing ARVs between $150K-$200K depending on finishes and exact location. Comparable sales are moving in 30-45 days when priced right.
Building your remote team:
Start with a strong investor-friendly agent who actively works with out-of-state buyers — they become your eyes on the ground. Pair that with a reliable local contractor and a property manager if you plan to hold any deals. The agent relationship is the most critical first step.
I'm also connecting with wholesalers and agents in Columbus — would love to stay in touch and share deal flow when something crosses my desk that fits your criteria!
I'm an investor based in Israel and I'm currently focused on the Columbus, Ohio market as I work toward my first U.S. deal.
My primary strategy is Fix & Flip, with a strong interest in small multifamily properties as well, as long as the numbers make sense.
I'm currently analyzing deals in the following range:
*Purchase price: $80,000–$100,000
*Property type: Single-family & small multifamily
*Rehab: light to medium
* Open to neighborhood recommendations
I plan to manage the project as an out-of-state investor and I'm already in conversations with local agents, while continuing to build my team on the ground.
For those active in Columbus:
* Which neighborhoods are currently working best for flips in this price range?
* What ARV ranges are you seeing after renovation?
* Any advice for building a strong local team and running projects remotely?
I'm actively working toward my first deal and would love to connect with wholesalers, agents, contractors, and other investors in the area.
Looking forward to learning from the community and contributing here as well.
Thanks!
If I were in your position, I'd be careful anchoring to the $80,000 to $100,000 purchase range if your primary goal is a successful first flip. Columbus has appreciated significantly over the last several years, and the biggest challenge isn't finding deals in that range, it's finding deals that still leave enough room for rehab costs, holding costs, financing, and profit. The first thing I'd look at is whether the market still supports your target margin after all costs are included, not just whether the acquisition price fits your budget.
The mistake I see many out-of-state investors make is focusing on neighborhoods before they have a repeatable process for managing rehabs remotely. What matters most here is building a team that can execute consistently when things inevitably go wrong. A mediocre deal with a great contractor and project manager often outperforms a great deal with a weak team. Before buying anything, I'd spend time validating contractors, understanding permit timelines, and reviewing multiple completed rehabs in the exact neighborhoods you're targeting. That's usually what determines whether your first project becomes a learning experience or an expensive lesson.
Are you primarily optimizing for your first successful flip, or are you trying to build a long-term presence in Columbus that could eventually support a larger portfolio?
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
3mo
We have ok in Columbus but it's a heavier rehab. We have the note so foreclosure to be completed but price is around $55k plus includes judgment against borrower
Real Estate Agent · Mansfield, OH · Member since 2023 · 7 posts · 5 votes
2mo
Hi Nofar,
I'm an agent in the Mansfield/Richland County area, an hour north of Columbus. Coincidentally, I work and invest with a close friend of mine who also lives in Israel. We've found that investing in the Mansfield/Richland County area is better because the three C's (Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati) are simply too crowded and competitive. In the Mansfield area, flips are difficult but you can comfortably get 10% cash-on-cash returns on long-term rentals and you can get solid turnkey properties for $150k.
We have strong economic growth here, the city just invested $20 million into developing downtown, and a local philanthropist just donated 95 downtown units to the local foundation to rehab and turn into market-rate rentals.
Would love to work with you if that fits your goals.
I'm an agent in the Mansfield/Richland County area, an hour north of Columbus. Coincidentally, I work and invest with a close friend of mine who also lives in Israel. We've found that investing in the Mansfield/Richland County area is better because the three C's (Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati) are simply too crowded and competitive. In the Mansfield area, flips are difficult but you can comfortably get 10% cash-on-cash returns on long-term rentals and you can get solid turnkey properties for $150k.
We have strong economic growth here, the city just invested $20 million into developing downtown, and a local philanthropist just donated 95 downtown units to the local foundation to rehab and turn into market-rate rentals.
Would love to work with you if that fits your goals.
You just need the right systems and you can thrive in any of the 3 mentioned markets. COC isn't the only important thing to look at when it comes to an investment.
Mansfield doesn't have many attractive factors that would make it a good market besides low pricing.
I'm an agent in the Mansfield/Richland County area, an hour north of Columbus. Coincidentally, I work and invest with a close friend of mine who also lives in Israel. We've found that investing in the Mansfield/Richland County area is better because the three C's (Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati) are simply too crowded and competitive. In the Mansfield area, flips are difficult but you can comfortably get 10% cash-on-cash returns on long-term rentals and you can get solid turnkey properties for $150k.
We have strong economic growth here, the city just invested $20 million into developing downtown, and a local philanthropist just donated 95 downtown units to the local foundation to rehab and turn into market-rate rentals.
Would love to work with you if that fits your goals.
You just need the right systems and you can thrive in any of the 3 mentioned markets. COC isn't the only important thing to look at when it comes to an investment.
Mansfield doesn't have many attractive factors that would make it a good market besides low pricing.
I disagree. While the population growth has been flat, rents are quite strong relative to pricing. For beginning investors, I would recommend a lower-priced area like Mansfield. For experienced investors looking for large multifamily, yes I would recommend the Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland areas.
Welcome, Nofar! I can't speak to specific flip neighborhoods, ARV ranges, or team-building strategy — I'm a market research consultant, not an investor, so that side is better answered by the agents/contractors you're already talking to. But here's some current market-level data that might be useful context as you evaluate:
- City-wide median home price in Columbus is around $300K (Redfin, May 2026), up ~7.4% YoY. Your $80K-$100K range is well below that citywide number, which means you're likely looking at specific lower-cost submarkets rather than "Columbus" broadly — worth keeping in mind when comparing any city-wide stats to what you're actually underwriting.
- Ohio has no statewide rent control, and the nonpayment eviction notice is 3 days — one of the shortest in the country. Uncontested evictions typically resolve in 3-5 weeks.
- One regulatory update worth knowing: Columbus passed a new Rental Registry in April 2026, adding compliance requirements for every residential rental in the city — worth confirming the current requirements with your local team before you close on anything.
Good luck with the first deal — hope the local community here points you to the right neighborhoods and contractors.
Columbus, OH · Member since 2024 · 5 posts · 1 vote
1mo
Morning! In my opinion, there are a lot of great opportunities in that price range in the Marion, OH market. The rental market is good there and it fits within that price range.
I'm an investor based in Israel and I'm currently focused on the Columbus, Ohio market as I work toward my first U.S. deal.
My primary strategy is Fix & Flip, with a strong interest in small multifamily properties as well, as long as the numbers make sense.
I'm currently analyzing deals in the following range:
*Purchase price: $80,000–$100,000
*Property type: Single-family & small multifamily
*Rehab: light to medium
* Open to neighborhood recommendations
I plan to manage the project as an out-of-state investor and I'm already in conversations with local agents, while continuing to build my team on the ground.
For those active in Columbus:
* Which neighborhoods are currently working best for flips in this price range?
* What ARV ranges are you seeing after renovation?
* Any advice for building a strong local team and running projects remotely?
I'm actively working toward my first deal and would love to connect with wholesalers, agents, contractors, and other investors in the area.
Looking forward to learning from the community and contributing here as well.
Thanks!
@Nofar Elhanati For a first remote flip, I'd focus less on finding the absolute cheapest property and more on getting a deal with strong comps, a manageable rehab, and enough margin for surprises. Once you narrow down a property, I'd validate the ARV and rehab scope independently before committing. With an $80K–$100K purchase range, the rehab budget and final ARV are really going to determine whether the numbers work.
I'm an investor based in Israel and I'm currently focused on the Columbus, Ohio market as I work toward my first U.S. deal.
My primary strategy is Fix & Flip, with a strong interest in small multifamily properties as well, as long as the numbers make sense.
I'm currently analyzing deals in the following range:
*Purchase price: $80,000–$100,000
*Property type: Single-family & small multifamily
*Rehab: light to medium
* Open to neighborhood recommendations
I plan to manage the project as an out-of-state investor and I'm already in conversations with local agents, while continuing to build my team on the ground.
For those active in Columbus:
* Which neighborhoods are currently working best for flips in this price range?
* What ARV ranges are you seeing after renovation?
* Any advice for building a strong local team and running projects remotely?
I'm actively working toward my first deal and would love to connect with wholesalers, agents, contractors, and other investors in the area.
Looking forward to learning from the community and contributing here as well.
Thanks!
Welcome to the Columbus market! For an out-of-state first flip, I'd focus less on chasing a specific neighborhood and more on buying right, keeping the rehab simple, and having your contractor and agent verify the ARV before you close. At the $80K–$100K range, there can be opportunities, but the margin needs to leave plenty of room for surprises. Building a reliable boots-on-the-ground team is probably the biggest piece of the puzzle when you're managing remotely.
Fayetteville Arkansas · Member since 2026 · 44 posts · 12 votes
2w
Hey Nofar,
Let's connect! I'm an Israeli living here in the US and building here. There is a lot to learn about how the US works, feel free to reach out for any question.