1st Flip Finally Finished!

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 10 votes
11y
Wow nice work! I really hope you sell it soon. Please share the numbers.. That's the next thing I'm going into but I need some information and how you went about it. Please and thank you.
See this reply in the discussion

77 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Bowie, MD · Member since 2014 · 242 posts · 44 votes
    11y

    Beautiful renovation! For your first flip, it looks like an awesome start.

  • Troy, MI · Member since 2015 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    Nice job very detailed and impressive for first one. Keep it up this is your niche!!!
  • Investor · Laguna Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Vonetta Booker:

    Thanks, everyone! In terms of the numbers, I purchased at 120k, about 75k in rehab, ARV about 255k.

    As far as the timeframe, it went about a month or so over the original 3-month timeframe mostly due to weather delays for the kitchen addition (needed because of the original REALLY funky layout), lol.  Just certain things I learned from & I'll be tweaking to ensure the next flip runs smoother & more quickly. 

    So great!  Would you mind sharing some of your takeaways from this flip that you would approach/do differently on your next? Also, I'm curious as to how you financed the house/rehab - Cash, Loan, etc.?

  • Home Rehabber · Rockaway, NJ · Member since 2014 · 62 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    AWESOME. Congratulations on your first flip. I wish you much success. I love seeing women on here.

  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    Very nicely done @Vonetta Booker

    Is this property in CT?  If so, which town/city?

  • Investor/ Real Estate Agent · Burton, OH · Member since 2015 · 167 posts · 53 votes
    11y

    @Vonetta Booker , job well done! May your success continue to grow :)

  • Investor · Wilmington, DE · Member since 2015 · 18 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Great job!  I may have to cal you for advice! Love your colors!  

  • Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    Wow! Very very nice job for your first flip.  

  • Professional · Spartanburg, SC · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    Congratulations Vonetta Booker I can't wait till I do my first flip... Still networking trying find a investor. Have a deal... Looking at the before and after pics now!
  • Investor/Realtor · Wentzville, MO · Member since 2014 · 846 posts · 431 votes
    11y

    @Vonetta Booker

    Congrats on completing the rehab on your first flip!  It looks GREAT!  I hope it sells fast at top dollar!!!  $$$$$$

  • Investor · Glendale, CA · Member since 2015 · 94 posts · 20 votes
    11y

    Great Job!! Got one under your belt....sky's the limit.

    Love to hear numbers as well and how you found the property?

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Congratulations!! Amazing job!

  • Investor · Stamford, CT · Member since 2012 · 247 posts · 63 votes
    11y

    @Desiree Boston, I want to get this one sold (or at least accept an offer) before I start looking for the next one; since I'm relatively new, I don't want to potentially get in over my head with TWO properties, lol. But I can't wait...I've still been looking on the MLS at REOs and I've been salivating, wishing I could put in offers, lol. My goal is to ultimately do more than one at a time, though.

  • Investor · Stamford, CT · Member since 2012 · 247 posts · 63 votes
    11y

    @Bridget D., thanks! The interior walls were painted with Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter, I think I'll be sticking with that color in the future. 

    @Michael Noto, the house is in Stratford, CT. 

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2012 · 86 posts · 14 votes
    11y

    Great work. Good luck! Hope it sells quickly.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 87 posts · 25 votes
    11y

    Congrats!!! Im hope to be in your shoes sometime soon. How did you find your deal? How did you find your rehab crew and how was the process of the renovation (did u go over budget, stay under budget, any unexpected problems arise?)

  • Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 9 votes
    11y

    Congratulations! Here's to a fast sale. 

  • Menifee, CA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y
    Nice job!!!
  • Investor · Stamford, CT · Member since 2012 · 247 posts · 63 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Monique Correia:

    A few more things I'd budget for right out the gate--like mechanicals, fencing, driveway. I'd look for something without such a funky original layout, lol (the addition we added for the new kitchen tacked significant time onto the project, waiting for the winter weather to break so we could dig the foundation, permits, inspections, etc.

    Also, I financed it via a local HML.

  • Wholesaler · Hollister, CA · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    good luck, It looks GREAT!!

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    Way to go @Vonetta Booker!  May you have a fast sale and a fast close!

  • Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2015 · 48 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    Congratulations. You did a good job, especially for your first flip

  • Investor · Dearborn Heights, MI · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Wow the house looks amazing. I can't imagine it taking very long to sell. Congratulations on an awesome job!!
  • Investor · Fairfield-New Haven-Hartford County, CT · Member since 2013 · 825 posts · 413 votes
    11y

    Congrats @Vonetta Booker! Place looks great and really happy to see this! Looking forward to hearing when this is sold and many more successes from you!

  • Rotonda West, FL · Member since 2015 · 59 posts · 8 votes
    11y

    True inspiration!!! Excellent work!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.