1st Flip Finally Finished!

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 10 votes
11y
Wow nice work! I really hope you sell it soon. Please share the numbers.. That's the next thing I'm going into but I need some information and how you went about it. Please and thank you.
See this reply in the discussion

77 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Camarillo, CA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    11y
    Nicely done, Vonetta. Can't wait to see your many projects to come. Keep us updated on the sell.
  • Investor · Stamford, CT · Member since 2012 · 247 posts · 63 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @John Sherron:

    Congrats!!! Im hope to be in your shoes sometime soon. How did you find your deal? How did you find your rehab crew and how was the process of the renovation (did u go over budget, stay under budget, any unexpected problems arise?)

     I found my contractor through another local investor; I went to one of her open houses, really liked his work, got his card & we've been doing business since.  I went a little over budget (maybe a few thousand dollars) because of certain things I hadn't budgeted for at first & then realized I needed/wanted in the flip.  The takeaway--to next time add room for those things in the next flip's budget!

  • Investor · Tomball, TX · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Looks grea, awesome! Keep us posted and i Hope you have a quick sale.

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 517 posts · 106 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Vonetta Booker:

    Thanks, everyone! In terms of the numbers, I purchased at 120k, about 75k in rehab, ARV about 255k.

    As far as the timeframe, it went about a month or so over the original 3-month timeframe mostly due to weather delays for the kitchen addition (needed because of the original REALLY funky layout), lol.  Just certain things I learned from & I'll be tweaking to ensure the next flip runs smoother & more quickly. 

     Wow! I am impressed. I have never tried flipping but you make it look like "fun". Nice work. 

  • Rental Property Investor · La Quinta, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 779 votes
    11y

    Very interesting, seems like a major improvement with what looks like somewhat minor effort.  The best kind!

  • Sandee SampsonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · North Texas · Member since 2015 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Absolutely stunning!

    Great design, great staging, awesome job!

    Do you mind sharing the numbers? How long did it take?

    Color me #inspirednewbie!

  • Investor · Taylorsville, GA · Member since 2014 · 352 posts · 540 votes
    11y

    The house looks awesome, @Vonetta Booker! Revere Pewter is a great color - we have used it in our rental properties and also in our personal residence. Best wishes to you for a top dollar sale!  Can't wait to see your next project!

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 415 posts · 299 votes
    11y

    @Vonetta Booker Very nice job! Congratulations! 

  • Lizina GreenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Pawleys Island, SC · Member since 2014 · 87 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    Very nice.

  • Poughkeepsie, NY · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Vonetta Booker:

    I'm excited to announce that my first flip is completed and on the market! Check out the before & after pics: 

    https://51canaanbeforeafter.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5%E2%80%8B

    Now, let the (hopefully quick) marketing phase begin! ;-)

     Fabulous! I'd like to hear more about it! I'm just getting started! Thanks for sharing, its definitely motivation for me! 

    Good Luck!

  • Information Systems and Cyber Security Manager – US ARMY · Augusta, GA · Member since 2015 · 128 posts · 30 votes
    11y

    Place looks amazing!  I like how you have restructured here and there minimally but the overall effect came out really nice!  Opened the space and let more light in.  Love it!  GLWS!

  • Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Vonetta Booker Congrats!  Wishing you a speeding sale and to be complete with my first flip in the next year!

  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    What a beautiful job.  Looks so clean, so well laid out and you turned "trash" into treasure.  So much charm!

  • Hartsdale, NY · Member since 2015 · 874 posts · 218 votes
    11y

    You did this beautifully.  What are the comps for this size house in this town?  Do you have any exit plan or back up plan if the house does not flip for the amount you want it to flip???

  • Investor · Noblesville, IN · Member since 2014 · 35 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Looks like it turned out great! Good luck on your next one, you are off to a very good start.

  • Hartsdale, NY · Member since 2015 · 874 posts · 218 votes
    11y

    I have been assuming this is a 2 Bedroom house.  Is that correct?

  • Investor · Stamford, CT · Member since 2012 · 247 posts · 63 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Barbara G.:

    I have been assuming this is a 2 Bedroom house.  Is that correct?

     No, it's a 3/2. :-)

  • Investor · Sherman Oaks, CA · Member since 2015 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    @VonettaBooker Congratulations!!! You must be so happy to have a flip under you belt. And the place looks great. 

    Good luck in marketing and selling it. Something tells me you won't have too much trouble. 

    :) 

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    The structural changes look flawless! Great design choices too! Good luck with the sale!

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    @Vonetta Bookercongrats. Was the purchase a foreclosure?

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    You did some awesome work. Your after pictures show class, hard work and a great eye for decorating. I'm looking forward to my first flip as well and hope I can match your creativity. Great Job, Much Success on the Sale.

  • FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 357 votes
    11y

    @Angelo Walker,

    To make the @ work, do the following:
    Hold down the shift key and type @?
    Look below this Window, and you will see a list of names of people that have posted in this thread.
    Click on the name of the person that you want notified via an email, that you responded to them.
    If you are a Colleague with anyone that has NOT posted in the thread, and you want them to see your post, hold down the shift key, type the @ and the first 4 letters of their First or Last Name.
    Then look below this Window and click on that person's name.
    Raymond

  • Lender · NY / FL · Member since 2013 · 240 posts · 44 votes
    11y

    @Vonetta Booker Great job, I like the front door color!

    Did you find this on the MLS? Was it a traditional sale or REO?

  • Real Estate Professional · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 55 posts · 14 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Vonetta Booker:

    I'm excited to announce that my first flip is completed and on the market! Check out the before & after pics: 

    https://51canaanbeforeafter.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5%E2%80%8B

    Now, let the (hopefully quick) marketing phase begin! ;-)

     Vonetta, looks great. congrats and best of luck! 

  • Investor · Hollywood, FL · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    great let me know how it went

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.