Lets hear what Note Servicers other Note Investors use.

Lets hear what Note Servicers other Note Investors use.

Investor · Jackson, NJ · Member since 2010 · 167 posts · 55 votes

We know of a bunch of the servicers but curious of others have servicers they prefer. We have a ongoing list of each along with their fees and what state they are licensed to collect debt in.

AHP Servicing LLC

Allied Servicing

Angel Oak

Evergreen Note Servicing

Fay Servicing LLC

FCI Lender Services

Land Home Financial

Madison Management Services, LLC National Asset Mortgage, LLC

Note Servicing Center

Home Key Servicing

MIG

Superior Loan Serviceing

Allied Servicing Corporation

United Home Loan Services Inc. (DBA Carolina Choice Mortgage)

Allied Servicing Company

AHP Servicing

August REI

Moat Note Servicing

Prime Loan Servicing

3Reply
250 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Baltimore County, MD · Member since 2014 · 466 posts · 438 votes
4y

For full disclosure, I will say that I am a partner in a brand new loan servicing company that just opened its doors. Other than that one, FCI is actually my favorite--and I have used 5 over the last few years. 

FCI is big (160 employees) and their portal may seem like overkill, but they have their systems down and they are responsive. They are very thorough in loan boarding, which can be a pain, but that is actually a good thing. Yes, they do nickel and dime some but the are competent and communicative. Just by having those two traits they are in the top 25%, based on my experience. 

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Baltimore County, MD · Member since 2014 · 466 posts · 438 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Denise Brown-Puryear:
    Quote from @Jamie Bateman:

    For full disclosure, I will say that I am a partner in a brand new loan servicing company that just opened its doors. Other than that one, FCI is actually my favorite--and I have used 5 over the last few years. 

    FCI is big (160 employees) and their portal may seem like overkill, but they have their systems down and they are responsive. They are very thorough in loan boarding, which can be a pain, but that is actually a good thing. Yes, they do nickel and dime some but the are competent and communicative. Just by having those two traits they are in the top 25%, based on my experience. 


    I've looked at a few of the sites and will reach out to them.  FCI is on my top 3 list.  Competency and Communication are key for me as well as No Hidden Fees....  Again, thanks for the feedback!

    @Denise Brown-Puryear You will find that each one annoys you in some capacity. No one truly loves their servicer, in my experience. This is the reason we started BIFI, but BIFI is not yet licensed in NC. They don't all offer the same servicers (default management, document services, tracking of taxes and insurance, escrows, etc.), but I am with you that communication and competency are key. You can check the NMLS for licensing (some servicers will operate without being properly licensed in that state).  

    At the end of the day, your servicer is there to keep your loan compliant and to process and apply payments. Some investors are hands-on and some are not. Lender portals vary greatly as well. Good luck!

  • Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2011 · 606 posts · 413 votes
    3y

    I mainly use FCI and Madison for the majority of my notes. I have also used Note Service Center and Land Home.

  • Investor · Long Island, NY · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    1y

    Why does every company in the note servicing space have a website that looks like it was made in 1996?

    They all look frighteningly sketchy.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Dave A.:

    Why does every company in the note servicing space have a website that looks like it was made in 1996?

    They all look frighteningly sketchy.


     Most are for the borrowers and not the lenders - so they want them to be very simplistic. But I agree they look like they are from 1999.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

     @David Putz - Thank you for this list. 
    I am a brand new rookie at this. 
    Might I please get a copy of the full spreadsheet you have compiled with the fees for comparison?
    I’m actually only interested in companies that are licensed in Texas at the moment. 

  • Investor · Baltimore County, MD · Member since 2014 · 466 posts · 438 votes
    1y

    Provident, Madison, and Covey are three decent options for TX. @Tim Ferony

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.