Meetups in Calgary

36 Replies

This post has been removed.

Hi Folks, I'm a Realtor in Calgary and have worked with a number of investors here from BP. I just wanted to invite you all to an investment event that I am involved in with my brokerage. The event is titled 'New construction Vs Resale investment strategies'. The free event is going is focus on the top communities for each strategy and provide everyone with some financing tips. We'll also be chatting about exclusive new construction opportunities that are available. If you're interested in attending please let me know via text or phone call (Four Zero Three, Four Seven Nine, Eight Nine Nine Zero) and I'll send you the link to register. The event takes place this Thursday - March 14th 2019 - at 6.30pm in the Cardel theatre. Stu

Hi All,

Does a meet-up make sense for everyone ? I realize the value of face to face networking but we likely live in separate quadrants of the city with different schedules and family obligations. Given these constraints, I am thinking that we shoot to get a brain trust of people together first and have some online dialogue rolling, so when we meet were more than a bunch of strangers in a room ha. 

Let me know exactly what your after and I'll start compiling a list and open up a google doc to share. If possible, be specific on what answers or resources you need.  

@Andrew Pun @Curtis Bauer @Anthony Therrien-Bernard   

@Amrinder Cheema @Stuart Bartwicki

Originally posted by @Cody Weiss :

Hi All,

Does a meet-up make sense for everyone ? I realize the value of face to face networking but we likely live in separate quadrants of the city with different schedules and family obligations. Given these constraints, I am thinking that we shoot to get a brain trust of people together first and have some online dialogue rolling, so when we meet were more than a bunch of strangers in a room ha. 

Let me know exactly what your after and I'll start compiling a list and open up a google doc to share. If possible, be specific on what answers or resources you need.  

@Andrew Pun @Curtis Bauer @Anthony Therrien-Bernard   

@Amrinder Cheema @Stuart Bartwicki

Good morning Cody, 

You are right about getting know each other here on BP but sometimes it just works better face to face (like interviews). Its just my opinion but I am open to network here before we do a meetup. 

I think that if this was a regular meetup, let's say once a month it might be easier for people to make it once in a while. There is a francophone meetup in Calgary every Thursday downtown and even though everyone lives in different areas of the city and even outside and has different schedules and obligations there is always people that make it, not always the same people or numbers but the meetup lives on and people know it's there if they happen to have free time. I'm thinking something like this might make it easier as I don't think we would ever be able to find a single date and location that works out with everyone.

Hey all!

I've actually already reached out to Cody, but I will be seeking events and opportunities in Calgary. I am attending an event tomorrow called "How to Choose the Right Investment Property for You" from 7:00-8:30pm. If you want to join, send me a PM and I'll fire off the address! I imagine it will be a good time to connect with like-minded individuals and meet some potential mentors.

Hope to see some of you there!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here