Is fortune builders mastery program legit?

316 Replies

i also just got done going to the 3 day seminar. I am a newby. Did get a overwhelming amount of information that was helpful. My partner and I did not sign up. Unless you can afford to do it I suggests not too from what I have been reading. You can get a lot of the same materials right here from BP. Save your money. Go pro on BP. 

Disclosure: I am a fortune builder student

Hi Keri,

I am a member of Fortune Builders and the Mastery program is pretty expensive but there is a Jumpstart program that is cheaper that gives you coaching and builds you a business website and offers you access to all their live rehabbers, wholesalers, internet intensive bootcamps too. It is have the cost of Mastery so if you are really interested ask them about that one. Their program offers every convenience that they themselves use in investing on a software program that saves you a huge amount of time. Lets face it, looking for homes to invest in takes enough time without having, for instance, to figure out mathematically if the deal makes sense with repair costs, holding costs and financing costs. They designed software that does the figuring automatically and all you do is key in the numbers and it does the math, profit spread and ROI percentage for you. They also have a scope of work library software that has about six remodeled kitchens, baths etc that they have used themselves and when you click on it you get the break down of all materials used, sku numbers and where you can purchase them once you get a deal and have a contractor in place. HUGE, HUGE time saver. I would talk to them the systems they have in place save ALOT of time in this business. They have streamed lined it for themselves and they offer it to you. the great thing is you only pay any of the fees once but you can attend the bootcamps every year and reap the benefits of new things OVER and OVER and OVER for years and years.

Originally posted by @Carla Carter :
Lets face it, looking for homes to invest in takes enough time without having, for instance, to figure out mathematically if the deal makes sense with repair costs, holding costs and financing costs. They designed software that does the  figuring automatically and all you do is key in the numbers and it does the math, profit spread and ROI percentage for you.

What you're saying is, after spending many hours figuring out the numbers, the software will save you the 30 seconds it takes to plug those numbers into a couple formulas?

Let's face it, that's not much of a value proposition...

I got two calls within the last week from FB students. Both stated they were going to "wholesale" houses here in SW Florida. When I educated them about the realities of "wholesaling", state laws, etc both realized that "wholesaling" (or as I prefer to call it contract brokering) is almost impossible if you want to stay legal, avoid state investigation, and potential fines, etc. You CANNOT advertise a house for sale...only the contract. Advertising the house is brokering without a license. I am sure this is true in many states. Both these individuals spent a LOT of money and besides the promises of easy money for nothing, I am not sure what else they got. 30K would certainly make a down payments on an investment property and you would have something to show for it. Want an education? The internet (think BP), real estate schools, colleges, etc. You can get a LOT for a lot less than 30K and there are lots of potential partners, mentors, and others that will help along the way. Spend your 30K on something tangible! FB? No thanks!

Attended a free FB seminar tonight. Left after one hour. The content was surface level. The presenter kept on talking about how one would learn more during the three day conference. 

The presenter did seem to have good points but never got to the meat of things. I am sure it would be more of the same had I signed up for the next session for $197. 

I wasn't impressed and wouldn't spend $25k on the training.  

Originally posted by Tom N.:

First take $1K and:

- Join your local REIA, attend regularly and talk to the people there (~$150 - $200/year)
- Take some friendly local investors out to lunch/dinner/drinks ($50 per "date")
- Buy some good RE investing books ($5 - $20 each, used or new)
- Pick up a few well-regarded guru courses used on Ebay ($100 - $200 each)

That will give you big head start without having to throw $25K at something that may or may not be what you're looking for.

Well Said Tom.

Take your 25K and invest it in a cheap property that you can practice if you are new to Real Estate and if it does not work you still have the property you sell it and recuperate your invested money your money stays in your pocket and there is a big chance with a profit 

ask to biggerpockets what to do if you do not know

I do not believe in GURUS It is opt to you.

I dropped out of the 3-day, $200 USD event after day 2 and was not impressed. It may be a great program, ''its not for everyone'' they continue to say and it's definitely not for me. 

Are they wealthy? Yes.

Are they smart? Very.

But if anyone else in my team - my realtor, mortgage broker, lawyer or accountant - ever misled me the way that these jokers did they would be gone. I will never invest my money into an educational program that manipulates its students the way they do.

I just got home form the three day workshop of Fortune builder at Vancouver, and it is 1am so sorry if I am not very coherent.  (It sounds like me and Josh were at the same event.) I have a background in running a company, start-ups, angel investing, VCs etc. etc. So before I hire people, or any financial transactions I ask alot of questions. 

I have talked to almost all their coaches and the speaker himself during the breaks a few times and I realized as soon as I ask details they get nervous and reluctant. I am not talking about the details of their mastery program. I am talking about the details of their "deals" their experience, their numbers, stories of their professional life, their business etc. (standard questions that any VC or angel will ask you 10x if you are asking them for money).

At the end of last day, I approached the speaker and asked him: "You guys say you do wholesale deals and borrow private money at 10%? And always looking for money etc? I am willing to buy your wholesales deals, or fund your projects and 'deals' for up to 200k, if you present me all the stuff you say you regularly do. You have anything in place? How can you put me in touch ". (Potentially a dream case "private money lender".)

And You would not believe the answer I got from him. The guy told me that they only tend to fund their projects internally among the students in their community!??!!!!! This was after him literally talking three-days of how important and valuable it is to raise money and know investors and have relationship with investors etc. etc. etc! 

If this is not a red flag for you, I don't know what is. These people are not serious people. They are not there to do business, they don't know business, they are there only and only as marketers who are selling a training program. They don't pass business cards (red flag), they don't talk details about their work(red flag), they run away from money if it is off their script(red flag), and they force you to make decision quickly(red flag). I personally wouldn't waste my time with their Mastery program if it was given to me for free, I doubt a group like this have anything to teach. 

And last thing is that their numbers were off too, the biggest number they threw out was how Than company have 18mil property under development right now. That is actually a comically low number for anyone who claims to be a guru. We have single family houses in Vancouver that is more than that.

Funny thing I did walk out on the first day after they shut there  25K price for a one year of more BS of their education 

Very sad lots of old folks pay 25K hoping to get the returns this bozos  promise 

Disclosure: Bought into Fortune Builders in 2014

Originally posted by @Sina Sahami :

I just got home form the three day workshop of Fortune builder at Vancouver, and it is 1am so sorry if I am not very coherent.  (It sounds like me and Josh were at the same event.) I have a background in running a company, start-ups, angel investing, VCs etc. etc. So before I hire people, or any financial transactions I ask alot of questions. 

I have talked to almost all their coaches and the speaker himself during the breaks a few times and I realized as soon as I ask details they get nervous and reluctant. I am not talking about the details of their mastery program. I am talking about the details of their "deals" their experience, their numbers, stories of their professional life, their business etc. (standard questions that any VC or angel will ask you 10x if you are asking them for money).

At the end of last day, I approached the speaker and asked him: "You guys say you do wholesale deals and borrow private money at 10%? And always looking for money etc? I am willing to buy your wholesales deals, or fund your projects and 'deals' for up to 200k, if you present me all the stuff you say you regularly do. You have anything in place? How can you put me in touch ". (Potentially a dream case "private money lender".) 

And You would not believe the answer I got from him. The guy told me that they only tend to fund their projects internally among the students in their community!??!!!!! This was after him literally talking three-days of how important and valuable it is to raise money and know investors and have relationship with investors etc. etc. etc! 

If this is not a red flag for you, I don't know what is. These people are not serious people. They are not there to do business, they don't know business, they are there only and only as marketers who are selling a training program. They don't pass business cards (red flag), they don't talk details about their work(red flag), they run away from money if it is off their script(red flag), and they force you to make decision quickly(red flag). I personally wouldn't waste my time with their Mastery program if it was given to me for free, I doubt a group like this have anything to teach. 

And last thing is that their numbers were off too, the biggest number they threw out was how Than company have 18mil property under development right now. That is actually a comically low number for anyone who claims to be a guru. We have single family houses in Vancouver that is more than that.

We are in Fortune Builders & have been since 2014 & are doing faily well with the Program.

We got in & studied for about a Year then went out & went to work & are enjoying the Time of our Lives

Save your money, use it to actually purchase homes.  You don't need to pay so much for training.  I lost 28k, and I used to work for them until I realized that it is all a lie...don't waste your time.  If you want to learn about investing, buy a $20 book and use your money for down payment of the house...

Updated almost 5 years ago

Revision: I didn't work for Fortune Builders, I worked for a different company, however, do your research before you spend your money, you might as well use the thousands of dollars to do the actual investment, not in training. Unfortunately, bigger pockets doesn't allowed to delete anything I said in the forum, but here is my revision...

Originally posted by @Sina Sahami:

At the end of last day, I approached the speaker and asked him: "You guys say you do wholesale deals and borrow private money at 10%? And always looking for money etc? I am willing to buy your wholesales deals, or fund your projects and 'deals' for up to 200k, if you present me all the stuff you say you regularly do. You have anything in place? How can you put me in touch ". (Potentially a dream case "private money lender".) 

Just a couple of notes, 

1) I was confused about people at the event as it turned out the people I spoke to at the event were not actually their coaches, they were just some of their previous students. And they behaved that way because they were instructed not to give out personal contacts because in the past they had potential students emailing them personally asking questions and Fortune Builders obviously want to maintain a level of control over the whole Q&A process and doesn't want non-coaches answering the student's questions (which is very understandable.)

2) Some people got confused about my post, I actually think the three day workshop was  very useful and extremely motivational. I actually got a couple of ideas about my own business and work by just attending the event.

3) I talked to Than at FortuneBuilder afterwards, and it seems like there was some confusion on the money question I asked, they actually thought I was asking them for money (which I assume is what they get 99% of the times at these events). I told them that it was the other way around and they told me about their investment fund and also described some of their projects etc. They were actually very professional over the phone and their follow ups. And would put me in touch with some of their students on projects looking for money. Which I am excited about, specially coming 2016 I would follow up on that.

Final note: Obviously Than is a very smart guy, and he knows his business and customer 1000 times more than me. He is logical and explained the reasoning behind all the decisions which answered my previous observations. He is very open minded in taking feedback and really cares about his company and his customers. Which in itself is very important and encouraging and a really great thing.

The price of the Mastery program may sound high to most people. But I wasn't shocked by that at all. To put it into context of education I have paid about the same each year as an international student going to university and one can argue the university degree in Engineering is one of the biggest waste-of-time-activities I have ever done. And I have no doubt that surrounding yourself with hardworking people and mentors who are all working and have experience in the same exact market niche as you will always lead to greater things. There are obviously cheaper alternative and even free resources to get to the same information and results but that means you have to spend a lot of more hours and brain power. (And some people are fine with.) Also there is the tolerance for the risk each individual has. Some people may be OK with making a $40,000 mistake and learning from that.

And last thing is that you guys should take everything I said with a grain of salt, I am an entrepreneur engineer who went to the event to learn more about this industry and had no intention of ever going full-time and doing home renovations. I just went there to learn and meet new people. So I am very very far from the typical target audience that FB programs and workshops are designed for. But after talking to Than I can say he is a guy who cares about his company and all its stakeholders and that is a really great thing. If other Fortunebuilder coaches are like Than then I can see the mastery program would be a great investment for someone who is either already in this industry or is planning to enter this industry on a full-time basis.

In my personal experience, with other companies,  the people that sells the programs, the speakers and the trainers are just that... They are not investors for the most part.  Or they just do it in very part time basis because they have to travel everywhere in order to do their JOB....

I am just leaving the 3 day seminar. I don't believe in an education without financing. If the systems are so good and so proven, why not finance? If u r sure to make your first flip so fast, why not have a contract in place that allows you to get started and they get their money off your first flip? You can do almost anything in this world now with education whether it be reading books, internet and doing. Feels more like one long infomercial than anything.

Ok so the question here is "Is the FBmastery Program Legit" and so far all the responses came from NON mastery students. Not one person here has ANY reall knowledge of the actual program to answer this question, factually.

I am searching for anyone who has actually gone through the program, followed it to respond with positively or negatively to the question.  I do have time to cancel my contract with them. Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by @Kathie Barbella:

Ok so the question here is "Is the FBmastery Program Legit" and so far all the responses came from NON mastery students. Not one person here has ANY reall knowledge of the actual program to answer this question, factually.

I am searching for anyone who has actually gone through the program, and followed it, to respond with positively or negatively to the question.  I do have time to cancel my contract with them. Thank you in advance.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here