Is fortune builders mastery program legit?

316 Replies

@?Kenneth Jones

Not sure if the above post was in response to my post... However I will say I am one of the few frequent posters on this site that actually is not vehemently opposed to paid training in really any form.  I have funded many deals for Armando's students... Rich dad students fortune builder students... Vertucci students.. you name it.. because the fact is some of those folks actually do pretty well to very well...

I am in the camp though that thinks that many folks just are not cut out for this business and will never succeed no matter who what or where they try... be it here On BP , , paid for mentor ... read books whatever..

My opinion is hey if you can afford it like it sounds like you can.. and don't want to sit through hours of one line webinars podcast etc.. ( like I would never do either) the paid training might be the way to go... as long as you can afford it without going into the poor house.  To some people paying 30k for a 5 day bootcamp bus tour is a drop in the bucket and worth it.. so who is to say they are not getting their monies worth..

Just like anything that we do... some people are mizers and save evey penny buy used cloths cars etc and have millions in the bank.. others spend more than they make drive new cars have fancy close and have no money.. its a personal choice.

And for sure the school of hard knocks is waiting for you if you have never done real estate I am sure its happened but I would say its far and few between anyone who has ever done serious volume.. ( like me hundreds of transactions a year ) and not had some hard knocks.. And even if they told they never did I would not believe them.

Originally posted by @Kenneth Jones :

Actually, quite rapidly! There are four contracts on the table and two more to look at on Saturday. My hurdle has been to find hard money lenders now that the property sites are being evaluated. This is a major hurdle even though we have the ability to do certain properties but not all at one time. 

So, you haven't yet completed a deal?  And you talk about how much your business has grown?

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense.  Growing means growing revenue, and if you haven't yet completed a deal, your revenue is still $0.

You are correct. However, I am doing my studying and research and have had the opportunities through an outlined marketing structure that is bringing in at least one phone call a week to look at properties. It has now come down to finding the lenders I need to be able to do the deals. Success will be mine.

Originally posted by @Kenneth Jones :

You are correct. However, I am doing my studying and research and have had the opportunities through an outlined marketing structure that is bringing in at least one phone call a week to look at properties. It has now come down to finding the lenders I need to be able to do the deals. Success will be mine.

You ignored my post about the three guys being advised by Bill Gates...what are their names?

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

@Curt Davis   there are finance companies that will finance student education.. it does not have to be credit card or cash.. I find that paper would be highly risky though..

@J Scott   Excellent post about blindly following any professionals advice.. When it comes to the law of the land.. I have learned that the hard way over the years.. Generally though you get good advice from credentialed people.. however credentialed people are people after all and they all have their opinions,, there are many CPA's that will push the envelope and many that are probably too conservative.. ETC etc. 

Excellent point J Scott all cpa's are not equal, just like doctors lawyers ect. You probably have a very conservative cpa. Don't you sell books on your website, maybe some Guru envy going on here.

Originally posted by @Tim Hall :
You probably have a very conservative cpa.

If by "very conservative," you mean that he interprets IRS regulation as it's written and doesn't do the opposite of what the regulations say to do, then yes, he's very conservative.

Good luck to you!

Don't you sell books on your website, maybe some Guru envy going on here.

No envy here.  In fact, I cringe at the idea of ripping people off.

If I wanted to make lots of money by selling overpriced information, I certainly could be.  Instead, I choose to make lots of money in more ethical ways.

BTW, I'm not saying all gurus are unethical, but certainly some of them are... 

@J Scott   that Bill Gates comment when I read it ... caused me to laugh so hard while I was enjoying a NW micro brew that it came out my nose... :)  Bill Gates in a RE Mastery program  I don't think so..   These guys to do rent their names are well known and they are marketing guys through and through.. Think Trump... But Trump is a RE dude... so it makes sense.  If someone believe that Gates is a consultant or mentor to these dudes I have a bridge to sell them.. along with the school of hard knocks..

8001 posts... 23 months... Velocity  !!

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

@Curt Davis   there are finance companies that will finance student education.. it does not have to be credit card or cash.. I find that paper would be highly risky though..

@J Scott   Excellent post about blindly following any professionals advice.. When it comes to the law of the land.. I have learned that the hard way over the years.. Generally though you get good advice from credentialed people.. however credentialed people are people after all and they all have their opinions,, there are many CPA's that will push the envelope and many that are probably too conservative.. ETC etc. 

Excellent point J Scott all cpa's are not equal, just like doctors lawyers ect. You probably have a very conservative cpa. Don't you sell books on your website, maybe some Guru envy going on here.

Having spent some time with @J Scott and seeing him answer email after email, text after text, and phone call after phone call from people he is helping and not charging, I take some umbrage with your statement.  Believe me, if he wanted to he could make a great deal of money on the guru circuit.   But that is not how he is wired, much to BP's benefit!

@Cal C.   I think you tagged me by mistake.. I have never ever made any reference to J Scott other than positive... WE may differ a little on Paid training but hey that's what makes the world go round..  and I am one of the one's who has benefited by J Scotts referrals and or advice he was most kind to me... so to that end I totally agree with you.

@Curt Davis Thanks Curt fast typer ... And with all my teams out on the East coast and mid west I am somewhat like a west coast stock broker up at 5am .. my day stops about 2pm because they are all done.. . I sit at my computer waiting for escrow docs to come in either a buy or a sell.. Yesterday I bought 2 and closed on 4 that will all record today.

1 Vegas one PA  4 Birmingham's... some days I do nothing and just go out to the airport and  punch holes in the sky and try not to scare the @@@ out of myself. 

"Let me ask you, do you have the knowledge of Bill Gates? He is pretty much the investing guru out there right now and an advisor to the three men that lead our Mastery program. I'll cut one pants leg off to put that advice in the two remaining pants pockets any time!"

I think we have been reading the above incorrectly.  First the poster probably meant Warren Buffet, not Bill Gates.  Secondly, by saying that Mr Buffet is an adviser to the three wise men that lead the Mastery program may mean that these three men read a book about Warren Buffet, and consider his advice.  Just shows how gullible the unsophisticated can be.

Off topic but @J Scott you played poker with Bill Gates? Wow who else was sitting at this table and what was the minimum buy in and more importantly, did you take his money? You probably did, I forgot you were a professional.

Originally posted by @Ryan M. :

I have to share this:

At a garage sale in Florida this year I found a Carleton Sheets program (CDs, Videos, Books) all in the orginal packaging with the plastic still wrapped around it. The person had a price of $6 on it, talked them to $2. Then went through the stuff and sold it on ebay for $18.

Flipping Flippers' Flipping info.  Is there a seminar for that ?

Originally posted by @Lennie Holland :

Off topic but @J Scott you played poker with Bill Gates? Wow who else was sitting at this table and what was the minimum buy in and more importantly, did you take his money? You probably did, I forgot you were a professional.

Microsoft has a huge employee charity drive every year ("Giving Campaign"), which includes a big company auction to raise money.  One of the auction prizes one year was a chance to play in a small company poker tournament with a bunch of the execs.  I won that auction, and got to play.  Bill only played for a short period of time...he wasn't the type who ever liked to stop working for very long.  I wish I could tell a good story about how I had a tell on him, made a huge bluff and then took all his chips, but unfortunately, it didn't happen...

Btw, given how much I paid to win the auction, it's probably safe to say that I lost the most money in that game...by far...  ;-)

On a separate note, a couple years before I started working at Microsoft, I was in Vegas playing poker, and Gates was sitting at a table next to mine. He was playing a $3/6 limit game, which is about a $100 buy-in.

Copying @Kenneth Jones

@J Scott , the 3 names of the guys are JD, Than Merrill, and Paul Esajian. (Don't remember the first guy's first name). I know this because, as I mention in my profile, I attended their $197 weekend seminar. Just for full disclosure, I did not do their coaching program, though.

I will say I find it hard to believe that Bill Gates would have connected with these guys... but anyway, I just wanted to answer your question, and you may be able to find out.

Originally posted by @Francisco Feliz :

Copying @Kenneth Jones

@J Scott, the 3 names of the guys are JD, Than Merrill, and Paul Esajian. (Don't remember the first guy's first name). I know this because, as I mention in my profile, I attended their $197 weekend seminar. Just for full disclosure, I did not do their coaching program, though.

I will say I find it hard to believe that Bill Gates would have connected with these guys... but anyway, I just wanted to answer your question, and you may be able to find out.

Yes, I know those are the three guys at the top...

That said, I'd be willing to bet my entire net worth they have never been "advised" by Bill Gates. Bill Gates is huge fan of public education (look at some of the things the Gates Foundation has done in this space), and I can promise you that he's not going to support the type of education that goes on in this industry.

Sad that they have to resort to sleazy tactics like lying about things like this (assuming those are the guys Kenneth was talking about), but I guess that's part of the game in that business...

Originally posted by @Account Closed :

@J Scott

I do know that they use pictures of Than with Warren Buffett and the fact that he apparently spoke at some event that Warren either attended or was also a speaker.

I've spoken at the same events as Steve Ballmer, Meg Whitman and Larry Page...and I have pictures of myself with each of them.   I certainly would never claim that any of them are advisors of mine...  😊

I attended a backyard barbeque at Gerald Ford's house when he was still a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.  I guess I can now claim to have been a Presidential Adviser.

Originally posted by @Don Konipol :

I attended a backyard barbeque at Gerald Ford's house when he was still a member of the U.S. House of Representatives.  I guess I can now claim to have been a Presidential Adviser.

Ummm...no...

This means that you the President advised YOU...

:-)

Haha, I receiced a couple notifications from this post, I had a chance to read through some of the recent discussion and it reminded me why I stopped reading and commenting on biggerpockets.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here