What area to buy

5 Replies

Using Orlando to define your search could yield a pretty large and diverse area.  I've lived here for a while, but am relatively new to investing in it.  I'd determine if you're N, S, E or W of Orlando and start looking in that quadrant.  To get cash flow, I would look in areas about 30-40 minutes from downtown.

Anthony,

It really depends your budget and what type of property you want to invest in. 

For B class properties and higher, great rental areas here in Orlando are usually aligned with great school systems. These include Winter Garden, Metrowest, Dr. Phillips, Gotha, parts of Ocoee; Seminole actually has more good schools than Orange County, and you can check out Altamonte Springs and Wekiva Springs.

Disney also employs over 50,000 people, so Kissimmee, Davenport and to a lesser extent Poinciana are fantastic rental choices as well. 

For C Class properties (lower-income), Pine Hills, Richmond Heights and neighborhoods in that area, as well as Apopka provide an excellent Return on Investment.

I am a full-time rehabber and I am also a Realtor is well. If you want help finding these properties for investment, you can message me separately.

Chris
Rehabber and Realtor

Orlando is a great place to invest.  It really depends on what your budget is and what your motivation is for your investment, cash flow vs. appreciation.  Please feel free to reach out to me for any questions you have.  I'm am active agent as well as investor in the Orlando area.

The Anthony Butcher, as in tripple T? If so (or if not) welcome.  The first step to finding the "best" area is to define what you are looking for.  The hot area today could end up overbuilt tomorrow, or the weak rental area could see an uptick in owner occupants and investors in a few years.

Originally posted by @Chris Romany :

Anthony,

It really depends your budget and what type of property you want to invest in. 

For B class properties and higher, great rental areas here in Orlando are usually aligned with great school systems. These include Winter Garden, Metrowest, Dr. Phillips, Gotha, parts of Ocoee; Seminole actually has more good schools than Orange County, and you can check out Altamonte Springs and Wekiva Springs.

Disney also employs over 50,000 people, so Kissimmee, Davenport and to a lesser extent Poinciana are fantastic rental choices as well. 

For C Class properties (lower-income), Pine Hills, Richmond Heights and neighborhoods in that area, as well as Apopka provide an excellent Return on Investment.

I am a full-time rehabber and I am also a Realtor is well. If you want help finding these properties for investment, you can message me separately.

Chris
Rehabber and Realtor

Chris, I'm planning on being in Orlando between the 15th and 22nd and would like to get some information regarding myself possibly purchasing some rentals in the city. Is emailing you at the email you have listed the best way to contact you?