web site

8 Replies

Presently I hooked up with Cameron Dunlaps iFlip which has web tools to create web sites and hosting along with analytic s.  The rest of the system is for organizing tools.  It's convenient and nice to have but $80/mo. seems high for what can be accomplished with Excl and sourcing out the web hosting.

Any one have suggestions for a hosting service and easy to use web design service?  I tried web.com and literally got screwed!  Service was soo bad!  I canceled them 1 yr. ago and they kept billing y card to the tune of $500 carges after I cancelled!  My card company is supposedly fixing this and getting me the refund Web.com said I would get.

www.bluehost.com if you are comfortable with WordPress or willing to learn. I am not very tech savvy but I have managed to create a website with it and it is not too bad at about $4 per month (pre-paid for a year or two).

Another vote for Bluehost and Wordpress. I've been with them for several years and have 10+ domains that are hosted with Bluehost. The key with billing is to prepay it for 2-3 years in advance to lock in the lower rates.

You could find free Wordpress templates online and launch a website rather quickly but might need to either hire someone for few hours to modify the template to work for your requirements or learn to do it yourself.  

I use wordpress on Hostgator. Personal preference really... Bluehost is just as good, I'm just used to hostgator. If you don't want to / don't have the time to set it all up yourself, you could easily outsource to someone on Odesk or Elance. Fiverr is good as well, especially if you want an inexpensive yet serviceable header image (assuming you don't have a company logo that you would want to use, if you do just have your wordpress guy use that). 

Short of that, I know most hosting companies have website builders that are really user friendly. I've never used one myself but it could be something to just get you up and running for now so that your site gets indexed asap. As long as you have a lead collection form on there you can start sending traffic to it (or at least trying to) via craigslist ads and other means.

Hi Ed,

I have used Godaddy for the last 7 years. They have a website builder which is easy to use and offers many helpful features such as 300 templates, calenders, apps, contact forms and much more. Business packages start at $5.99 a month.

Here is another option and complete walk through you could use.  It is what @Brandon Turner   uses and has success with.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/06/01/how-to-build-website/

@Allen I have been with Godaddy for year my self but have not use their website builder 

I made my website with Wix and it is super intuitive and super easy. However, it doesn't have the unlimited potential that a Wordpress site has and I have heard Wix is really bad for SEO. I'll probably move to a Wordpress site eventually.

I have a few sites on Godaddy, the site builder is just ok, could be better but for a basic site it's fine.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.