Experian Account Setup

2 Replies

Hi BP Members,

I need to get an account for Experian skip tracing services.

I have a commercial space which I use for my real estate business, locked doors, etc.

I have a business license, and real estate license.

So the site inspection is not what I'm inquiring about, but it sounds like the application service is difficult to be accepted.

From speaking with a sales representative it sounds like they only want collection agency companies to gain access to their data and services, so I'm considering getting a collection agency license as a means of getting access to Experian.

If anyone could please provide a solution or advice on how I should proceed with getting an account with Experian it would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you. @joegore

Why do you want to be able to do skip tracing? For your own use or to provide a service to others? Do you have enough need in this area to warrant getting the necessary licensing and set up for it? Or would it be more cost effective to outsource this service? What is your core business and how does this fit in? Are there other ways and other companies that can fulfill your real need? To answer your question, it sounds like Experian has already provided you information about HOW to work with them... but the more important question to ask is... WHY?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you