Sifting through public records

5 Replies

Hey Biggerpockets,

I'm a Software Developer and I've recently gotten into Real Estate Investing. Leveraging my coding skills I've been able to pull together information from multiple public records sites here in Cobb county, Georgia. I've only sifted through the single family residential of Cobb county. There are roughly 200k parcels in the Cobb region. From that list I can get absentee owners(state/out of state), delinquent tax, and also other data such as appraisal history, sale history, land value, improvement value and other such information. All of which can be used for analysis purposes.

The zip codes I looking to mainly operate are 30144, 30152, 30066, 30060, 30062, 30067, 30068, 30101. If there are interested experienced investors who work in those areas please get in contact with me. I'm willing to work with you and learn from each other.

Awesome. Might be able to leverage that on a bigger scale. I am thinking of offering more services to RE investors.

If you actually market too & want a sample of vacant leads  in those zip code let me know.

Thomas

Ah Georgia, I remember at my previous job having to sift through public records for owner information. Georgia was so nice to publish tons of information online, unlike many other states. 

@Thomas Wassmann

I'll probably be making more posts about it as time goes on. Just stay in touch.

@Curt Riffel

Georgia has amazing information online for free. Although each county has different information that they keep on record about homes, which makes it more of a challenge to compare the numbers when comparing counties. The main thing I love about Cobb County especially is the fact that it has the appraisal history going back to 2000 online. 

Great post man. How do you find the owner's phone number? or is it even advisable to do that? Maybe better to just send a letter to an absentee owner about the vacant property?

@Jorge Borjas

Thanks Jorge. You can always try Yellow Pages to find people's number. You can look up people by cross referencing their address and it'll give you a list of people that live their and their landline numbers. Now whether or not that is advisable is whether or not it works. I've not done cold calls to people but, if it works for you it could become your niche. As far sending postcards out you should listen to Michael Quarles. He's an amazing marketeer and business man with over 20 years in the biz

Link to Marketing podcast

Link to another amazing podcast with Mike

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you