Main sewer line replacement..

27 Replies

Scott, I don't know if this would have helped you or not, but I can hire a hoe and operator for the same cost as renting the hoe from the rental yard.

The machinery is better, the work gets done faster, and the operator is sure better.

Yeah, I've occassionally broken something expensive while "saving" money by doing it myself. Last one was taking the cover off the heater to see if I could speed up the fan. Touched the wrong wire, fried the fan. $350 for a new fan and another $150 to have it installed.

My son went to see why a hot water faucet wasn't working. Everything he touched broke and had to be replaced. Ended up with 4 new faucets, new valves under all sinks and toilets, a new water heater, new guts in one toilet, and several feet of new water line (god bless the guy who invented pex).

Also had to ream out the sewer line, but at least that didn't happen because of the domino effect of changing the faucet on the kitchen sink. Except with no water working, the tenant hadn't known that the line was partially plugged.

What should have been a 30 minute job turned into 3 solid days.

Dont feel like a lone stranger cause I have sliced right thru phone wires with a spade by hand. And did get wrapped in a 50 pair fiber optic pair phone main once,,,,but they covered it because they located bad and missed its location.

Pro plumbers ALWAYS break more than they fix,,and charge you for it.

Locates HERE are for the whole lot your digging on, wires, gas pipes, water, the whole shebang.

By the way, here is the good prices for the contractor services in 25pros.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.