Votes
Joshua Massarini
  • Union Springs, NY
Votes |
Apartment - Clean-up

Joshua Massarini
  • Union Springs, NY
Posted Nov 3 2017, 17:19

Hello, my name is Josh, I just closed on my first property today. It is a triplex that I am planning on living in one unit and renting the other two out. Currently two of the units are already filled with tenants on month to month leases, so I plan on signing a 6 month lease agreement Dec 1st. with those two. 

For the vacant unit I want to eventually rent it out so I'm looking for advice and how to clean it up after a tenant leaves to get it ready.

Currently it smells like the last tenant has been smoking inside the building. What is the best way to wash the walls and floors to get rid of that? 

Also it is wall to wall carpet except for the kitchen and bathroom which are tile. So, is there a good way to clean carpet or do I need to rip it out and put new flooring down. 

If I do replace the flooring should it be hardwood floors or new carpet. 

The walls also need to be repainted so I'm not sure if there is a more or less cost efficient way of just buying paint at Lowes and putting it on the wall. 

How can I tell if it is going to be cost efficient to get new windows installed. Currently one of the windows is broken so should i just get one new one or replace them all at once.

Finally any recommendations on rehabbing the units that are still occupied. Or should I just wait till they decide to leave before trying to improve them. 

I am just starting out so I am trying to keep cost down but I don't want to ignore something that will cost me more in the end. 

v/r

Joshua

Loading replies...